Author Topic: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann  (Read 1364722 times)

Offline EnolaStraight

Re: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann
« Reply #2340 on: February 17, 2014, 04:08:22 PM »
All papers have moderation in their comments sectional I have never heard of anyone or the paper  getting sued for a newspaper article comment.
most wanted!!!
 It's quite pathetic.

If you cannot afford continuous moderation you may decide to stop all comments. The Mail is building a major net presence with its website unlike the others you mention and has an interest in having many comments to increase finger fall!

Twitter has been bitten, websites cannot be far behind.

Estuarine

« Reply #2341 on: February 17, 2014, 04:11:33 PM »
All papers have moderation in their comments sectional I have never heard of anyone or the paper  getting sued for a newspaper article comment.

@Estuarine, it's quite far fetched isn't it? All that just for for bening sacked for stealing tips!
I can think of loads of more very satisfying ways of getting revenge back , IF he wanted to actually do that didn't involve stealing a little child and becoming the worlds most wanted!!!
 It's quite pathetic.

It fits in with the forum received wisdom that all Portuguese are ESN that it should take him a year to "get even"
One finger one thumb keep moving........................................

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #2342 on: February 17, 2014, 04:15:44 PM »

If you cannot afford continuous moderation you may decide to stop all comments. The Mail is building a major net presence with its website unlike the others you mention and has an interest in having many comments to increase finger fall!

Twitter has been bitten, websites cannot be far behind.

The Mail is a game of Red and Green Arrows.  This is supposed to show balance while not actually printing Libellous Posts.

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #2343 on: February 17, 2014, 04:47:32 PM »
That crossed my mind, but why then there would be a problem in PJ acting upon the R. letters?
If Oporto team has the same finding as SY then there should be no R letters, the PJ would act upon their own findings and SY would not need to write any lettets.
Mathematics  8)--))
IMO their findings are different..

The letters of request still have to be formally processed. Not up to the plods in the station to override that.

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #2344 on: February 17, 2014, 04:53:04 PM »
Those two photo-fits don't even look like each other yet they are supposed to be the same man.  Can anyone explain this?

Don't worry about it, Angelo. There is no explanation.

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #2345 on: February 17, 2014, 04:58:48 PM »
Sorry to answer late but try putting the boot on the other foot. Consider "how quickly do the UK respond to such things" ?
The chain seems to be along the lines MPS-CPS-FCO-Portugues FO-AG-PJ then back; the point I am making here is there are several links in the chain (PLEASE no one nit pick over whether the links are in the right order or are correctly titled that ain't the kin point). It would not happen in a couple of nanoseconds in the corporate world let alone in the diplomatic world.
Regular meetings have been held between MPS and PJ for nearly three years. Seems to me it grinds on like the mills of God (see Retribution by Longfellow)

Appreciate your poetic reference, Estuarine!

Agreed, bureaucracy is there on both sides.

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #2346 on: February 17, 2014, 05:02:55 PM »
I would hazard a guess that if you and I each helped in the production of an efit of the same person, seen only for a few seconds, then there would be similarities but the image would most likely differ. However if we worked together on one image then perhaps we would come to a more accurate conclusion?

Mr Smith says in his rogatory interview that he would not recognise the man if he saw him again.

It is hard to reconcile this fact with the idea that any e-fit produced involving Mr Smith's description would be remotely accurate, and with Mr Smith's assesrtion that he was 60-80% sure the man was Gerry McCann. 

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #2347 on: February 17, 2014, 05:11:32 PM »

Mr. Smith's evidence was always irrelevant.  Although I think he meant well.  But then he didn't expect to find his statements all over the Internet either.

Redblossom

« Reply #2348 on: February 17, 2014, 05:15:09 PM »
Mr. Smith's evidence was always irrelevant.  Although I think he meant well.  But then he didn't expect to find his statements all over the Internet either.

He and the Guardia and PJ  and the LP and the Mccanns investigators might disagree there!

@)(++(*

Offline EnolaStraight

« Reply #2349 on: February 17, 2014, 05:20:12 PM »
He and the Guardia and PJ  and the LP and the Mccanns investigators might disagree there!

@)(++(*

That demonstrates what I mean about emotional sideswipes rather than rational argument.

What value can be put on the Smith evidence? Anything at all?

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #2350 on: February 17, 2014, 05:25:26 PM »

@)(++(*

Though obviously not the McCanns themselves if they tried to bury the efits.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #2351 on: February 17, 2014, 05:27:19 PM »
That demonstrates what I mean about emotional sideswipes rather than rational argument.

It wouldn't stand up in Court.  In fact I doubt that any sensible Prosecution would have called him in the first place.
Although it might have worked in a Cipriano situation.

Redblossom

« Reply #2352 on: February 17, 2014, 05:28:12 PM »

Picking on me again? are you? Why was what I posted a sideswipe, it was a factual post, none of those elements thought the Smith sighting irrelevant, where is the evidence they did?

Value of the Smith sighting? Well, I'm sure I don't have to remind you, they (thats multiple) saw a young blonde girl around 3 or 4 in pyjamas on the night  around the time Madeleine is said to have disappeared! So very irrelevant isn't it?

Redblossom

« Reply #2353 on: February 17, 2014, 05:29:43 PM »
Though obviously not the McCanns themselves if they tried to bury the efits.

Yes, well, there's that too!

8)--))

Silkywhiskers

« Reply #2354 on: February 17, 2014, 05:30:57 PM »
I think its unbelievable how the facts are so easily dismissed in this case.

Go back to the PJ interviews and count the lies/changing stories/newly recovered memories (what ever you wish to call it).

I have never seen such bizarre narcissistic behaviour in any other case except perhaps Jonbenet Ramsey or Caylee Anthony's cases.

The Bitish media are a joke outside the uk. Possibly within too.