Author Topic: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann  (Read 1364741 times)

Silkywhiskers

Re: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann
« Reply #2430 on: February 20, 2014, 11:31:43 PM »
Newbie i cut myself off...

The involvement of the CPS coupled with the lack of requests for action, implies a case is already built against British citizens.

Otherwise, the CPS would not be sending letters at all.

SY would advise Portugal of the evidence they have of a crime committed in Portugal by Portugese residents, and hand it over.

The Portugese are the "proper authorities" and would be handling the entire case, UNLESS the suspects are British.

Then they need Portugese help to bring the case. 

Kwim?

Estuarine

« Reply #2431 on: February 20, 2014, 11:39:10 PM »
Newbie i cut myself off...

The involvement of the CPS coupled with the lack of requests for action, implies a case is already built against British citizens.

Otherwise, the CPS would not be sending letters at all.

SY would advise Portugal of the evidence they have of a crime committed in Portugal by Portugese residents, and hand it over.

The Portugese are the "proper authorities" and would be handling the entire case, UNLESS the suspects are British.

Then they need Portugese help to bring the case. 

Kwim?

Now that you put it like that! Not dissimilar from posts of mine earlier in Jan. Duck silky and listen for The Z Cars Theme!

Offline Benice

« Reply #2432 on: February 20, 2014, 11:40:06 PM »
Nobody's trashing him. He's human, of course he has every right to have feelings, sympathies and opinions.

But he also knows the PM has made his opinion perfectly clear too.

LOL - Of course he's being trashed, just like every other public figure who has shown support for the McCanns. 

As I'm not a conspiracy theorist I don't accept your comment about the PM. 

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #2433 on: February 20, 2014, 11:46:11 PM »
Sir Bernard’s comments came after the Mail revealed exclusively last month that the Met has identified three burglars as prime suspects for Madeleine’s disappearance.
Analysis of mobile phone data suggests the men were close to the scene of her abduction, at the time she went missing, and that they were in close contact with each other in the hours that followed.

Following our revelations, Portuguese newspapers reported that three former Ocean Club workers are Scotland Yard’s prime suspects over her disappearance.
Details of the men’s alleged links to the Mark Warner-run resort in the Algarve, where Maddie vanished from in 2007, were revealed in a number of Portuguese newspapers with close links to local police.
---
---

Although local media reported the men had been employed at the Ocean Club complex in Praia da Luz, it was not clear whether they were working there at the time Madeleine went missing in May 2007.
Nor was it clear whether they were directly employed by Mark Warner, or through a contractor

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2564080/Britains-senior-police-officer-confirms-Met-names-three-suspects-Madeleine-McCann-case-closing-in.html#ixzz2tuQGHwai

Lyall

« Reply #2434 on: February 20, 2014, 11:51:53 PM »
LOL - Of course he's being trashed, just like every other public figure who has shown support for the McCanns. 

As I'm not a conspiracy theorist I don't accept your comment about the PM.

In 2007 time and time again it was stated that evidence existed. It then transpired no such evidence did exist.

That explains why people are still questioning. Papers say this and claim that on behalf of the police. But still no evidence has been seen. It's not difficult to understand the concern.

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #2435 on: February 21, 2014, 12:16:56 AM »
In 2007 time and time again it was stated that evidence existed. It then transpired no such evidence did exist.

That explains why people are still questioning. Papers say this and claim that on behalf of the police. But still no evidence has been seen. It's not difficult to understand the concern.

By whom? What 'evidence'?

It seems that the highest ranking policeman in the UK thinks that Madeleine might be still alive.

Offline Benice

« Reply #2436 on: February 21, 2014, 12:22:08 AM »

Sorry - I don't see the connection between your post and the fact that anyone who publically supports the McCanns is always criticised, often personally ridiculed and/or claimed to be 'following orders'.    It's irrational IMO.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Lyall

« Reply #2437 on: February 21, 2014, 12:23:16 AM »
By whom? What 'evidence'?

It seems that the highest ranking policeman in the UK thinks that Madeleine might be still alive.

By 'sources' 8)-)))

And the McCanns themselves (but they, when attributed, may have meant those door angles, who knows).
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 12:26:39 AM by Lyall »

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #2438 on: February 21, 2014, 12:29:19 AM »
By 'sources' 8)-)))

And the McCanns themselves (but they may have meant those door angles, who knows).

SY thinks in large numbers that Madeleine might still be alive..

here is one example.. they are making a direct appeal
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2564056/500-000-payout-museum-boss-mental-trauma-paramedics-arriving-17-minutes-late-dislocated-knee-bus-home.html

and another is during the crimewatch when DCI Redwood says that there is no proof she is dead and she might as well be alive.

Today Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe  said ' The main thing we're all committed to is trying to find that little girl.' - Again feeling as if even the SY's boss thinks she is still alive.

Silkywhiskers

« Reply #2439 on: February 21, 2014, 12:31:19 AM »
SY thinks in large numbers that Madeleine might still be alive..

here is one example.. they are making a direct appeal
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2564056/500-000-payout-museum-boss-mental-trauma-paramedics-arriving-17-minutes-late-dislocated-knee-bus-home.html

and another is during the crimewatch when DCI Redwood says that there is no proof she is dead and she might as well be alive.

Today Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe  said ' The main thing we're all committed to is trying to find that little girl.' - Again feeling as if even the SY's boss thinks she is still alive.

Thing is, Eddie didnt have a hidden agenda.

"Might be alive" is the same as "might not either".

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #2440 on: February 21, 2014, 12:45:17 AM »
Thing is, Eddie didnt have a hidden agenda.

"Might be alive" is the same as "might not either".

Eddie alerts (used to alert) both on death scent and dried blood.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MARTIN_GRIMES_RIGATORY.htm

They find, however, and give the alert for dried blood from a live human being.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 12:47:53 AM by VIXTE »

Silkywhiskers

« Reply #2441 on: February 21, 2014, 12:49:34 AM »
Eddie alerts (used to alert) both on death scent and dried blood.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MARTIN_GRIMES_RIGATORY.htm

So?

Traditionally not one single aspect or piece of evidence convicts, but a combination of things.

That combination of evidence, some of it circumstantial, proves their guilt without a reasonable doubt, in my humble opinion.  Or will prove their guilt, once SY arrest them.

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #2442 on: February 21, 2014, 12:53:54 AM »
So?

Traditionally not one single aspect or piece of evidence convicts, but a combination of things.

That combination of evidence, some of it circumstantial, proves their guilt without a reasonable doubt, in my humble opinion.  Or will prove their guilt, once SY arrest them.

That is you opinion, not a fact. Leave me alone.

These are CURRENT  facts:
Parents are not suspects, stated by both police forces currently working on the case.
There is no definite proof Madeleine is dead, she might as well be alive.
There is a direct call on the SY website to look at Madeleine face and report if you see her.
There are two police forces working on the case, currently having two different lines of inquiry and none of them is considering her parents as suspects,

Silkywhiskers

« Reply #2443 on: February 21, 2014, 01:12:01 AM »
That is you opinion, not a fact. Leave me alone.

You started it.

These are CURRENT  facts: These are not facts, they are denials.

Parents are not suspects, stated by both police forces currently working on the case.
There is no definite proof Madeleine is dead, she might as well be alive.
There is a direct call on the SY website to look at Madeleine face and report if you see her.
There are two police forces working on the case, currently having two different lines of inquiry and none of them is considering her parents as suspects,

Lol. and you got this from what rag?

SY and their representatives might well be saying X, where the truth is Y.

Possible reasons -

they don't wish to reveal publicly which way the investigation is headed (imagine that)

there is a leak they wish to identify by supplying false information internally

they are saying a whole bunch of nothing to seem like they are clueless intentionally (my guess).

Andy Redmond getting on morning tv before the investigation had even started, and burbling some nonsense about a possibly alive Madeleine (of course she's possibly alive, no body found - she's probably not alive though) BEFORE Op Grange has even had its first cup of coffee, is actually either totally farcical or an attempt to distract.

The British public being what it is, distraction is apparently incredibly easy.  You all seem to have the analytical thinking of a goldfish.

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #2444 on: February 21, 2014, 01:14:41 AM »
Lol. and you got this from what rag?

SY and their representatives might well be saying X, where the truth is Y.

Possible reasons -

they don't wish to reveal publicly which way the investigation is headed (imagine that)

there is a leak they wish to identify by supplying false information internally

they are saying a whole bunch of nothing to seem like they are clueless intentionally (my guess).

Andy Redmond getting on morning tv before the investigation had even started, and burbling some nonsense about a possibly alive Madeleine (of course she's possibly alive, no body found - she's probably not alive though) BEFORE Op Grange has even had its first cup of coffee, is actually either totally farcical or an attempt to distract.

The British public being what it is, distraction is apparently incredibly easy.  You all seem to have the analytical thinking of a goldfish.

Oh, please!
What rag?
My summary is from the Guardain, from BBC crimewatch,  from live interivew of DCI Redwood which you can find on youtube and todays live interview of SY's boss.

And if you think that you might know more about policing and investigation than DCI Redwood and that you are even in a position to criticise him then you my dear need a psychological treatment..
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 01:18:20 AM by VIXTE »