Author Topic: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann  (Read 1364815 times)

AnneGuedes

Re: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann
« Reply #2535 on: February 23, 2014, 01:34:15 AM »

Can you cite the evidence that 100% increase in break-ins in PdL means 2 break-ins - which you have just claimed as a fact?
It's a metonymy, Benice !

Silkywhiskers

« Reply #2536 on: February 23, 2014, 01:37:09 AM »

Can you cite the evidence that 100% increase in break-ins in PdL means 2 break-ins - which you have just claimed as a fact?

Absolutely!

The minute you provide evidence of the "spate"!

BTW I dont consider the British media a reliable source, something from the PJ thanks.

Offline sadie

« Reply #2537 on: February 23, 2014, 01:48:01 AM »
Absolutely!

BTW I dont consider the British media a reliable source, something from the PJ thanks.

Come on SWiskers.  You can do better than that  ... surely?

Silkywhiskers

« Reply #2538 on: February 23, 2014, 01:54:44 AM »
Come on SWiskers.  You can do better than that  ... surely?

Why should I?  You're clearly not interested in facts.

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #2539 on: February 23, 2014, 03:00:10 AM »
Correio Da Manha 22/02/2014

Maddie Case: The McCanns give orders to the Judicial Police.

Parents of Madeleine suggest that the Portuguese police investigate along with the English.

After pressure from the British police, came the turn of the McCanns criticize the research work of the Judicial Police (PJ) and further cooperation between British and Portuguese authorities.

As the CM had already reported, the relationship between the British police and PJ started to get tense when Scotland Yard sent a third letter rogatory, a time that had not yet been completed the steps contained in the second judicial order.  The CM knows that many of the investigations, including interrogations, searches and analysis of bank accounts can not be authorized by the Public Prosecutor.

The British police, who opened a funded by the parents of Madeleine, who disappeared in May 2007 in the Algarve research, ensures that already has the names of three suspects.

On the other hand, PJ Harbour, who heads the investigation reopened in Portugal, following use, other than the parents of missing British child most like line.

According to British media, the McCanns say it's "frustrating" to see that cooperation between the two police forces "is not as it should be."  And pushing for a single investigation is made.

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=pt&u=http://www.cmjornal.xl.pt/detalhe/noticias/nacional/portugal/caso-maddie-os-mccann-dao-ordens-a-policia-judiciaria

IMO the wording in this article is wrong.. hope they change the heading.. it is not good Madeleine, and not good for anyone..

Offline Benice

« Reply #2540 on: February 23, 2014, 03:02:24 AM »
It's a metonymy, Benice !

If that means it's a downright lie - I'd agree with you Anne.
The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline Benice

« Reply #2541 on: February 23, 2014, 03:05:14 AM »
Absolutely!

I'll take that as a NO then.    How predictable.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Redblossom

« Reply #2542 on: February 23, 2014, 10:16:21 PM »
Burglars story still being pushed with added sinister connotations. AND a businesswoman knows what is in the secret PJ files? How?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2565955/Maddie-police-shown-secret-Portuguese-dossier-spate-burglaries-area-went-missing.html

Lyall

« Reply #2543 on: February 23, 2014, 10:22:19 PM »
Burglars story still being pushed with added sinister connotations. AND a businesswoman knows what is in the secret PJ files? How?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2565955/Maddie-police-shown-secret-Portuguese-dossier-spate-burglaries-area-went-missing.html

Not a thing that's new in these articles is there. Mitchell said the press should have got a green award for recycling in 2007. They're obviously trying to win it again.

Redblossom

« Reply #2544 on: February 23, 2014, 10:27:24 PM »
Not a thing that's new in these articles is there. Mitchell said the press should have got a green award for recycling in 2007. They're obviously trying to win it again.

I had never read that before, so googled for it, oh the bloody irony

http://www.communicationethics.net/journal/v5n1-2/v5n1-2_feat1.pdf

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #2545 on: February 23, 2014, 10:50:07 PM »
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 11:03:17 PM by Admin »

Redblossom

« Reply #2546 on: February 23, 2014, 10:53:42 PM »
http://i.imgur.com/7LKH7Cf.jpg

If I ever doubted the papers were taking the micky, I no longer do!!!

Its quite embarrassing really.

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #2547 on: February 23, 2014, 10:57:56 PM »
If I ever doubted the papers were taking the micky, I no longer do!!!

Its quite embarrassing really.

IMO Madeleine has become a marketing tool..

In a way it is good.. everyone remembers she hasn't been found and everyone is subconsciously looking.. and everyone is subconsciously aware to be careful when on holiday with children..

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #2548 on: February 23, 2014, 11:18:31 PM »
Re secret file.. if it exists as papers claim then it is good.. it can be published..  8)--)) so we have more things to write about  @)(++(* and we can build enormous conspiracies about all these bad guys ...

Silkywhiskers

« Reply #2549 on: February 23, 2014, 11:21:09 PM »
IMO Madeleine has become a marketing tool..

In a way it is good.. everyone remembers she hasn't been found and everyone is subconsciously looking.. and everyone is subconsciously aware to be careful when on holiday with children..

I had my children 20 years ago and i watched them like hawks.  I didn't need a lesson from Kate on childcare to be vigilant and protective and neither does anyone else with a working brain..  It is instinct.

Don't try to turn this mess into some sort of Warning for the Incompetent.  We don't need to be told to look after our babies thanks very much.

The rest of us would never DREAM of b....ring off leaving our babies to cry alone while we hit the cans with our mates.

Only subhumans do that.  Even bloody rats look after their babies better than this crew did.