Author Topic: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann  (Read 1364748 times)

Offline Carana

Re: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann
« Reply #3435 on: July 06, 2014, 03:44:19 PM »
Wouldn't they need a diver to investigate a 30 feet well with 12 feet of water in the bottom?

I don't quite understand the alleged need for a diver in narrow and no doubt dangerous wells. Surely tiny cameras on a cable could have shown anything suspicious?

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #3436 on: July 06, 2014, 03:49:27 PM »
I don't quite understand the alleged need for a diver in narrow and no doubt dangerous wells. Surely tiny cameras on a cable could have shown anything suspicious?

It depends on how murky it is.  This well has been abandoned for some considerable time and is probably knee deep in silt.  God knows what could be down there.

Offline Carana

« Reply #3437 on: July 06, 2014, 04:02:29 PM »
It depends on how murky it is.  This well has been abandoned for some considerable time and is probably knee deep in silt.  God knows what could be down there.

These days cameras can check out your intestines and I doubt that there is much light there either... so why couldn't they check out a well?

Offline Carana

« Reply #3438 on: July 06, 2014, 04:07:46 PM »

Silt could be an issue, but I'm not sure how a diver would be best placed for the task. In this century, with successful microsurgery, there must be tiny hoovers that can scoop up silt as needed as opposed to a diver flapping around in a dangerous well.

Would silt have been an issue if these inspections had been done in the early days?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 04:10:56 PM by Carana »

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3439 on: July 06, 2014, 10:58:17 PM »
"The timing of the Met’s searches has caused dismay in Praia da Luz, which relies on tourism to survive".     

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-angry-backlash-british-3821913

Oh dear, not at all the way at all to encourage British tourists.

The STOP signs and the walls daubed with anti British graffiti are displaying a town not of luz but of darkness, where the rape of British children in what should have been the safety of their beds is ignored; where the police investigation into the abduction of a British child is deplored. 

But never mind all that … just come on in Brits and give us your euros … whether we have contempt for you or not. 

Are these people mad? 

Their obscene behaviour and toleration of crimes against children will kill their tourist trade.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 12:48:02 PM by Mr Moderator »
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #3440 on: July 06, 2014, 11:42:04 PM »
"The timing of the Met’s searches has caused dismay in Praia da Luz, which relies on tourism to survive".                                                                                                                                                  http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-angry-backlash-british-3821913

The STOP signs and the walls daubed with anti British graffiti are displaying a town not of luz but of darkness, where the rape of British children in what should have been the safety of their beds is ignored; where the police investigation into the abduction of a British child is deplored. 

But never mind all that … just come on in Brits and give us your euros … whether we have contempt for you or not. 

Are these people mad? 

Their obscene behaviour and toleration of crimes against children will kill their tourist trade.

Not anti British at all, a large percentage of the residents in PDL are British.

What I find strange is that if there is this awful paedophile who is breaking into holidaymakers flats to molest their children why are SY not trying to find him instead of questioning a group of burglars who allegedly killed Madeleine during a burglary ?

Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline sadie

« Reply #3441 on: July 06, 2014, 11:45:02 PM »
"The timing of the Met’s searches has caused dismay in Praia da Luz, which relies on tourism to survive".                                                                                                                                                  http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-angry-backlash-british-3821913

Are these people mad? 

This is being orchestrated.   It is not the work of an ordinary PT resident

http://i4.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article3820955.ece/alternates/s615/Stop-signs-in-Praia-de-Luz-near-Lagos-in-Portugal-UK_Justice_Forum.jpg

The stencil for this has been manufactured by someone who knows what he is doing.  It has also been carefully positioned on the sign.  Professional stuff.

PROPAGANDA again

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #3442 on: July 06, 2014, 11:48:52 PM »
This is being orchestrated.   It is not the work of an ordinary PT resident

http://i4.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article3820955.ece/alternates/s615/Stop-signs-in-Praia-de-Luz-near-Lagos-in-Portugal.jpg

The stencil for this has been manufactured by someone who knows what he is doing.  It has also been carefully positioned on the sign.  Professional stuff.

PROPAGANDA again

All that is needed is a stencil and a can of spray paint.

It's not exactly Banksy, is it !
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #3443 on: July 07, 2014, 12:28:13 AM »
This is not doing  well for PDL..and not only re Brits...Today I listened to a conversation about case Madeleine between two people from the different parts of the world..one from Turkey and other from South Africa..I pretended I know nothing about the case ...these both people expressed their shock on recent news and concluded the case was hugely mishandled back in 2007!

Offline sadie

« Reply #3444 on: July 07, 2014, 12:56:06 AM »
All that is needed is a stencil and a can of spray paint.

It's not exactly Banksy, is it !
Yep a professional stencil

and someone who had the training and the methodology and time to get it exactly centred, and squared up

someone had planned that in advance

Propaganda

Offline sadie

« Reply #3445 on: July 07, 2014, 12:59:36 AM »
This is not doing  well for PDL..and not only re Brits...Today I listened to a conversation about case Madeleine between two people from the different parts of the world..one from Turkey and other from South Africa..I pretended I know nothing about the case ...these both people expressed their shock on recent news and concluded the case was hugely mishandled back in 2007!

If the world knows, it must be aghast at such uncaring selfish behaviour .... if that is what it is.

But,

Might be the group behind the abduction trying to get the permission for SY to proceed closed down.  Might be getting frightened

Offline sadie

« Reply #3446 on: July 07, 2014, 01:03:18 AM »
Not anti British at all, a large percentage of the residents in PDL are British.

What I find strange is that if there is this awful paedophile who is breaking into holidaymakers flats to molest their children why are SY not trying to find him instead of questioning a group of burglars who allegedly killed Madeleine during a burglary ?
"allegedly killed Madeleine" are your own words?

If not, please can we have a citation.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3447 on: July 07, 2014, 01:20:25 AM »
If the world knows, it must be aghast at such uncaring selfish behaviour .... if that is what it is.

But,

Might be the group behind the abduction trying to get the permission for SY to proceed closed down.  Might be getting frightened

In my opinion many of these organised campaigns have been organised by persons who have an obvious interest in closing down all inquiry into Madeleine's abduction.
That they tapped into unplumbed depths in the human psyche must have been an unbelievably huge bonus for them and beyond their wildest dreams.

Madeleine's case still sells newspapers throughout the world; there are regular updates on news programmes such as CNN ... I doubt if perceived toleration of criminality will go down well; particularly where children are concerned.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #3448 on: July 07, 2014, 06:24:09 AM »
In my opinion many of these organised campaigns have been organised by persons who have an obvious interest in closing down all inquiry into Madeleine's abduction.
That they tapped into unplumbed depths in the human psyche must have been an unbelievably huge bonus for them and beyond their wildest dreams.

Madeleine's case still sells newspapers throughout the world; there are regular updates on news programmes such as CNN ... I doubt if perceived toleration of criminality will go down well; particularly where children are concerned.

Or perhaps the ordinary people of Praia da Luz are simply sick to death of having their livelihoods wrecked by what has become a rather garish circus.

Offline Benice

« Reply #3449 on: July 07, 2014, 07:47:53 AM »

What I find it strange is that the PJ have have known about this monster for years - and their only reaction so far is that they appear to have brushed him well and truly under the carpet.

Why would you assume that SY are not showing any interest in this man?   They would hardly make a public appeal about him on TV and then disregard him.   They have said they are not going to give a running commentary on the case - and so we don't know what is going on behind the scenes.

If I lived in Portugal I would be disgusted to think that a serial child abuser had been on the loose for years and no warnings had been issued to the public.   

I wonder how this particular nasty little group of residents of PdL would be reacting if it was the disappearance of one of their own children from their own home that was being investigated at the moment.    Would they be complaining?

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal