Author Topic: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann  (Read 1364748 times)

Offline Brietta

Re: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann
« Reply #3570 on: August 02, 2014, 04:29:37 PM »
Maybe they are not impressed by the Met's reputation for honesty.

Then the news from Portugal illustrates that people in glass houses etc; etc;

"The court sentenced the two policemen from Loures Division - who are suspended from office for more than 10 months without salary - the sentences of three years and seven months and two years and 10 months in prison, suspended in its execution by same period, the crimes of complicity with criminal association, recetação and abuse of power."

Ler mais em: http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&prev=/search%3Fq%3DTrinta%2Barguidos,%2B21%2Bcondena%25C3%25A7%25C3%25B5es%2Ba%2Bpenas%2Befectivas,%2Bsete%2Bpenas%2Bsuspensas%2Be%2Bduas%2Babsolvi%25C3%25A7%25C3%25B5es.%26client%3Dms-opera-mobile%26channel%3Dnew%26biw%3D1280%26bih%3D705&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=pt-BR&u=http://www.cmjornal.xl.pt/detalhe/noticias/ultima-hora/dois-policias-culpados-de-crimes-de-recetacao-levam-pena-suspensa&usg=ALkJrhiq9icSRWL-wo_90ufZ2LDOdrhDHg

Article
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 02:01:23 AM by John »
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #3571 on: August 02, 2014, 07:18:27 PM »
Joint investigation?  No way. No other police force can interfere with an ongoing investigation.

This brings me to ask why did the PJ re open the case if it has been said that the PJ and NSY do not agree on what happened.

Who would have over all authority over persons being  arrested and charged?. I certainly would not like a Spanish police force to come into my country and arrest me to question me on something I did not do...

And, I have to ask are the NSY going to follow all the leads those "fat, lazy, sardine munching, cops" didn't even bother to checkout. You know  from America-arabia-australia... peedos, gypsies, childless couples....it could take years and many millions to find out...she is dead and the parents made money from a fund from their dead daughter!  So at least some good came  of it? celebrity lifestyle, political commentators, Rubbing shoulders with world leaders...
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Benice

« Reply #3572 on: August 02, 2014, 07:57:21 PM »
Joint investigation?  No way. No other police force can interfere with an ongoing investigation.

This brings me to ask why did the PJ re open the case if it has been said that the PJ and NSY do not agree on what happened.

Who would have over all authority over persons being  arrested and charged?. I certainly would not like a Spanish police force to come into my country and arrest me to question me on something I did not do...

And, I have to ask are the NSY going to follow all the leads those "fat, lazy, sardine munching, cops" didn't even bother to checkout. You know  from America-arabia-australia... peedos, gypsies, childless couples....it could take years and many millions to find out...she is dead and the parents made money from a fund from their dead daughter!  So at least some good came  of it? celebrity lifestyle, political commentators, Rubbing shoulders with world leaders...

What celebrity lifestyle?   The only time they appear in public is in connection with Madeleine, or when raising money for charity.   They are the most reluctant  'celebrities' I have ever seen.   

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline Mr Moderator

« Reply #3573 on: August 06, 2014, 12:56:12 PM »
Latest news: There isn't any, all quiet on the western front.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 08:24:29 PM by John »

Offline sadie

« Reply #3574 on: August 06, 2014, 10:57:12 PM »
Latest news: There isn't any, all quiet on the western front.

It's whilst they are quiet , that the perp has to worry IMO

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #3575 on: August 16, 2014, 12:30:46 AM »
Met chief vows no let-up in search for Madeleine

BRITAIN’S top policeman vowed to keep going in the hunt to discover what happened to Madeleine McCann after Scotland Yard’s major operations this summer.

By: John Twomey
Published: Fri, August 15, 2014
http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/499453/Met-chief-let-up-search-Madeleine

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3576 on: August 16, 2014, 09:23:18 AM »

BRITAIN’S top policeman vowed to keep going in the hunt to discover what happened to Madeleine McCann after Scotland Yard’s major operations this summer.

Great news...confirms progress made and confirms the police will not give up

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #3577 on: August 16, 2014, 11:33:42 AM »
What astonishing news my dears.
Such wonderful news from Met Chief Hogan-Howe according to John Twomey on 15th August 2014
He praised Portuguese authorities for allowing Yard detectives to take part in the summer search.
“A reasonable amount of progress has been made,” he added.
However, no trace of Madeleine has been found and police have no idea what happened to her.
Suspicion has focused on drug addict Euclides Monteiro.

Mercy me arrests must be imminent...again.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3578 on: August 16, 2014, 11:46:01 AM »
What astonishing news my dears.
Such wonderful news from Met Chief Hogan-Howe according to John Twomey on 15th August 2014
He praised Portuguese authorities for allowing Yard detectives to take part in the summer search.
However, no trace of Madeleine has been found and police have no idea what happened to her.
Suspicion has focused on drug addict Euclides Monteiro.

Mercy me arrests must be imminent...again.

perhaps if the PJ really would help SY more progress would be made

Offline jassi

« Reply #3579 on: August 16, 2014, 11:57:04 AM »
Perhaps there is no progress to make in Portugal.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline John

« Reply #3580 on: August 17, 2014, 02:11:40 AM »

What progress?  Nothing found, nobody arrested and the bill keeps getting bigger by the day.  What about the other British children who have been abducted from the UK or while on holiday?  Will Hogan-Howe be spending £6m plus on them and if not, why not?

www.miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=82.0

A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline John

« Reply #3581 on: August 17, 2014, 02:14:26 AM »
Madeleine McCann update: Will Operation Grange ever succeed?

Digital Journal
16 August 2014

Operation Grange was launched in 2011 in hopes of finding Madeleine McCann, but the child remains missing, and none of the case details have changed from the beginning. The search for Madeleine McCann continues beyond the seventh year of her high-profile disappearance, but no trace of her or any evidence behind her disappearance has been located by detectives. This is true even three years after "Operation Grange" was launched specifically to find the missing child. In this latest media report about the case, Metropolitan Police Commissioner Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe assured the public that there will be no "let up" in the search for the child. So even if another three years drags by, the case will still receive the dedication it always has.

Hogan-Howe also acknowledged that Portuguese officials are cooperating and allowing Scotland Yard special detectives to search and investigate as needed. He even praised Portugal for allowing them to search for Maddie this past summer. The summer searches, as numerous posts documented, came up with nothing. However, some clothes were found that haven't been confirmed as hers or not. It's also been reported that Yard detectives aren't done, since they haven't yet searched this abandoned well that has some people curious.

Operation Grange was launched in 2011 in hopes of finding Madeleine McCann, but the child remains missing, and none of the case details have changed from the beginning. The search for Madeleine McCann continues beyond the seventh year of her high-profile disappearance, but no trace of her or any evidence behind her disappearance has been located by detectives. This is true even three years after "Operation Grange" was launched specifically to find the missing child. In this latest media report about the case, Metropolitan Police Commissioner Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe assured the public that there will be no "let up" in the search for the child. So even if another three years drags by, the case will still receive the dedication it always has.

Hogan-Howe also acknowledged that Portuguese officials are cooperating and allowing Scotland Yard special detectives to search and investigate as needed. He even praised Portugal for allowing them to search for Maddie this past summer. The summer searches, as numerous posts documented, came up with nothing. However, some clothes were found that haven't been confirmed as hers or not. It's also been reported that Yard detectives aren't done, since they haven't yet searched this abandoned well that has some people curious.

Read more: http://www.digitaljournal.com/news/crime/madeleine-mccann-update-will-operation-grange-ever-succeed/article/397221#ixzz3AbjhwkUG

Q.  How hard can it be to determine if the clothes are Madeleine's pj's?  FFS !!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 02:21:31 AM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3582 on: August 17, 2014, 07:57:13 AM »

What progress?  Nothing found, nobody arrested and the bill keeps getting bigger by the day.  What about the other British children who have been abducted from the UK or while on holiday?  Will Hogan-Howe be spending £6m plus on them and if not, why not?

There is only one other that immediately springs to mind, John; thankfully it is not an everyday occurrence.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

stephen25000

« Reply #3583 on: August 17, 2014, 08:00:13 AM »

and those John are precisely the points that Hogan-Howe doesn't get.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3584 on: August 17, 2014, 08:07:29 AM »
Madeleine McCann update: Will Operation Grange ever succeed?

Digital Journal
16 August 2014

Read more: http://www.digitaljournal.com/news/crime/madeleine-mccann-update-will-operation-grange-ever-succeed/article/397221#ixzz3AbjhwkUG

Q.  How hard can it be to determine if the clothes are Madeleine's pj's?  FFS !!

In terms of a 'missing person inquiry' the active search for what happened to Madeleine has really only started at the end of last year when the Home Secretary authorised the reopening of the case on the recommendation of NSY based on evidence recovered from their forensic review of the case.

As far as the alleged clothing goes ~ if anything was in the ground for a period of seven years, I doubt there would be much remaining.
Perhaps this is where the Pyjama sample sourced by Dr Amaral will come into its own.