Author Topic: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann  (Read 1364715 times)

Offline Anna

Re: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann
« Reply #4215 on: October 25, 2015, 02:35:42 PM »
Thanks for this Anna.

"Today we went to the above mentioned address with the aim of confirming a denouncement of an individual whose identification and attitude towards a four-year old girl on Mareta beach in Sagres was considered suspicious.

Thus, we contacted the father, NUNO  LOURENCO , of the household that was on holiday in the town of Sagres until 13/05/2007 together with a daughter around four years old and a son of around two years old."

This is very interesting. couple of points;
  • Why did the father not report this immediatly?
    Why throw away the registration he took?

Artistic photographers who seek to capture reallife events do not tend to point cameras at people as this would cause them to stop what they are doing and perhaps smile for the camera. This may be a reason for him not pointing it as he wanted to capture children in natural behaviour? I not am saying he could  not have been behaving in a suspicious manner or this was his reason I am just pointing this out.

I think, MTI that it was when he spotted this man a second time,  that witness reported it to the police.

His camera failed on the first sighting to capture the suspect and his car and he decided that it was not worth worrying about.

Correct about photographers.
His camera would probably have a top viewfinder and this is why he held it at waist height, as I did mine.

What a shame it is that it is no longer safe to photograph a child  8(8-))
“You should not honour men more than truth.”
― Plato

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #4216 on: October 25, 2015, 03:56:56 PM »
I think, MTI that it was when he spotted this man a second time,  that witness reported it to the police.

His camera failed on the first sighting to capture the suspect and his car and he decided that it was not worth worrying about.

Correct about photographers.
His camera would probably have a top viewfinder and this is why he held it at waist height, as I did mine.

What a shame it is that it is no longer safe to photograph a child  8(8-))

Oh thanks for clarifying that Anna.

Yes my sister who couldn't have children spent many hours at parks just watching children playing- it made her feel part of a little community. Then when My children were born she just was in her glory!..My best pictures of my children are the ones where they are playing unaware I am snapping them! falling asleep while eating lol

It is so sad innocence has been replaced by suspicion.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 02:09:40 AM by John »
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Anna

« Reply #4217 on: December 20, 2015, 06:34:39 PM »
Madeleine McCann's parents set to fund their own search

Scotland Yard recently announced it is to scale down its Operation Grange investigation into Madeleine McCann's disappearance

By Martin Evans, Crime Correspondent

20 Dec 2015

Madeleine McCann’s parents are poised to launch a new privately funded search for their daughter after it was announced that the Scotland Yard operation was to be scaled down.

Kate and Gerry McCann are understood to have approved a fresh initiative using some of the £750,000 that remains in their appeal fund.

It is understood that plans are now under way to use the remainder of the ‘No Stone Unturned’ fund to hire private detectives to investigate new leads and unanswered questions.

The fund was also boosted by royalties from Kate’s book, Madeleine, and the couple have reiterated their determination to continue with the search.

In October Scotland Yard announced it was scaling down, Operation Grange, the Metropolitan Police investigation into Madeleine’s disappearance.

Kate McCann says she will never give up searching for her daughter Madeleine
The No Stone Unturned fund will pay for a fresh probe  Photo: Andrew Crowley

The inquiry, which was launched in 2011, and has cost more than £10 million, will continue but will have the number of full time officers working on the case reduced from 29 to just four.

Detectives have taken more than 1,300 statements and have collected over a thousand exhibits, but a spokesman for Scotland Yard said while there remained some lines of inquiry to follow, the vast majority of Operation Grange’s work had been completed.

Earlier this year the Home Office, which has been funding the police investigation, granted another £2 million to allow the work to continue.

Madeleine McCann from a family video
Madeleine's parents have vowed to never stop searching for their daughter

A source close to the McCanns told the Sunday People that the couple were ready to fund any private detective work from the remainder of the fund.

The source said: “There is £750,000 in the account. That money has been preserved because Kate and Gerry knew they may want to reopen an ­investigation at some point.

Madeleine McCann as she might look aged 9
A computer generated image of how Madeleine might now look  Photo: Teri Blythe

“They have always said they’ll do ­anything they can to keep going. That commitment remains.”

Madeleine McCann disappeared from her parents’ holiday apartment in the Portuguese resort of Praia da Luz in May 2007, shortly before her fourth birthday.

Operation Grange, the Scotland Yard investigation into Madeleine's disappearance, is to be scaled down

Since then her parents have campaigned tirelessly for the search to continue.

Operation Grange was launched after the Portuguese authorities shelved their probe into her disappearance and the family was forced to coordinate and fund their own investigation.

Following the announcement that Scotland Yard’s role was being significantly scaled back, the couple said they felt reassured that significant progress had been made and that they had a clearer picture of the events that led up to their daughter’s abduction.

The couple added: “Whilst we do not know what happened to Madeleine, we remain hopeful that she may still be found given the ongoing lines of inquiry.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/madeleinemccann/12060510/Madeleine-McCanns-parents-set-to-fund-their-own-search.html
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 02:12:06 AM by John »
“You should not honour men more than truth.”
― Plato

Offline jassi

« Reply #4218 on: December 20, 2015, 06:40:27 PM »
Isn't this mostly a rehash of a report from a month or so ago ?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #4219 on: December 20, 2015, 06:46:47 PM »
Isn't this mostly a rehash of a report from a month or so ago ?
Mostly?

Or should it be - simply?
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 02:13:08 AM by John »
What's up, old man?

Offline John

« Reply #4220 on: December 22, 2015, 02:16:31 AM »
Too little too late imo.  If Scotland Yard couldn't accomplish anything with the huge resources available to them including the cooperation of the Portuguese authorities, I cannot see any private detectives getting anywhere fast at this stage and especially with echoes of Metodo 3 and Halligen still reverberating in the background.

They would be better off offering a reward for information and publicising it widely.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 11:37:09 AM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #4221 on: December 22, 2015, 10:54:21 AM »
TB has been given a direct answer to a couple of questions put to SY.

Neither Tannerman nor Smithman has been identified to date, and further information from the public about these would be welcomed.
What's up, old man?

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #4222 on: December 22, 2015, 11:10:34 AM »
TB has been given a direct answer to a couple of questions put to SY.

Neither Tannerman nor Smithman has been identified to date, and further information from the public about these would be welcomed.

So nothing new there then, eight years wasted chasing ghosts.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Lace

« Reply #4223 on: December 22, 2015, 11:18:41 AM »
Too little too late imo.  If Scotland Yard couldn't accomplish anything with the huge resources available to them including the cooperation of the Portuguese authorities, I cannot see any private detectives getting anywhere fast at this stage and especially with echoes of Metodo 3 and Halligen still reverberating in the background.

They would be better off offering a reward for information and publicising it widely.

In my opinion   I don't think the McCann's will ever give up searching for Madeleine,  how can you give up on your child?    When the parents of missing children are interviewed,   none of them have given up hope of seeing their loved one again.   They are forever searching a crowd where ever they go.

My heart goes out to the McCann's,  they are parents of a missing child,  who have to put up with such a lot of back lash,  as well as grieving.   

I expect they will go back to sightings and following them up,  just as the Needham family do.

Offline jassi

« Reply #4224 on: December 22, 2015, 11:26:44 AM »
So nothing new there then, eight years wasted chasing ghosts.

Its disappointing, if not surprising that all these 'people of interest' have amounted to nothing (as far as we can see), anymore than the much vaunted, but now  hardly mentioned analysis of phone traffic.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #4225 on: December 22, 2015, 01:36:40 PM »
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/up_to_date_information_about_the#incoming-747129

"DECISION
I have today decided to disclose the located information to you in full:
The MPS response to Q1 and Q2 is:

These images remain unidentified. Any information that the public may have
that may assist in this investigation will always be appreciated".
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #4226 on: December 22, 2015, 04:32:14 PM »
The Met's formal response to Mr Bennett's fairly specific FOI request was ambivalent.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #4228 on: December 24, 2015, 07:27:29 AM »
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4229 on: December 24, 2015, 09:20:06 AM »
Some interesting sentences, assuming the McCs are being kept informed by SY.
some very interesting sentences.........does anyone still believe the McCanns know what hapenned to maddie but have decided to spend ANOTHER 750,000...in trying to find her...bizarrely the answer is yes