Author Topic: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann  (Read 1364674 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann
« Reply #4260 on: September 11, 2018, 12:05:34 PM »
This has been coming for a while as all leads have now been exhausted.

The same was, said last time... No request for funds have beeb made...
It will be interesting to see what happens

Offline Brietta

« Reply #4261 on: September 13, 2018, 01:00:55 PM »
Police request another six months of funding to investigate disappearance of Madeleine McCann

Matilda Long
Yahoo News UK13 September 2018

Scotland Yard has requested a further six months’ worth of funding to continue their investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

Police have put in a request to the Home Office to support their joint operation with Portuguese police.

Investigation have been running since three-year-old Madeleine vanished in 2007 from her parents’ holiday apartment in Praia da Luz.

So far the hunt has cost a total of £11.6million.

Earlier this week it was reported that the search could be shelved within three weeks after running out of funding.

But the Met has asked Sajid Javid to continue to pay for Operation Grange, which was launched in 2011 after a Portuguese inquiry failed to make any progress.

British officers have so far gone through 40,000 documents produced by Portuguese police in the original investigation, as well as information from eight teams of private investigators.

About 600 “persons of interest” have been examined and several reported sightings of Madeleine all over the world have been assessed.

In May, Kate and Gerry posted a tribute to mark their daughter’s 15th birthday.

They told her: “We love you and we’re waiting for you and we’re never going to give up.”

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/police-request-another-six-months-funding-investigate-disappearance-madeleine-mccann-114513101.html
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Sunny

« Reply #4262 on: September 13, 2018, 04:08:21 PM »
Police request another six months of funding to investigate disappearance of Madeleine McCann

Matilda Long
Yahoo News UK13 September 2018

Scotland Yard has requested a further six months’ worth of funding to continue their investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

Police have put in a request to the Home Office to support their joint operation with Portuguese police.

Investigation have been running since three-year-old Madeleine vanished in 2007 from her parents’ holiday apartment in Praia da Luz.

So far the hunt has cost a total of £11.6million.

Earlier this week it was reported that the search could be shelved within three weeks after running out of funding.

But the Met has asked Sajid Javid to continue to pay for Operation Grange, which was launched in 2011 after a Portuguese inquiry failed to make any progress.

British officers have so far gone through 40,000 documents produced by Portuguese police in the original investigation, as well as information from eight teams of private investigators.

About 600 “persons of interest” have been examined and several reported sightings of Madeleine all over the world have been assessed.

In May, Kate and Gerry posted a tribute to mark their daughter’s 15th birthday.

They told her: “We love you and we’re waiting for you and we’re never going to give up.”

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/police-request-another-six-months-funding-investigate-disappearance-madeleine-mccann-114513101.html

Thank you Brietta

It is looking like groundhog day to me. In 2 - 3 weeks we will get the approval of funding for Operation Grange. I haven't had an interest in this case for all that long but even I see a pattern with the media stories.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline barrier

« Reply #4263 on: September 13, 2018, 08:35:34 PM »
Oh no they've not.Panto season is early.

NO REQUEST MADE Madeleine McCann probe blow as Home Office DENIES police have requested more cash to hunt for missing girl as funding running out.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/7249512/madeleine-mccann-met-police-home-office-funding-search/
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4265 on: September 17, 2018, 08:16:59 AM »
Gerry to appear on Radio 4 re mental stress issues

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6173813/Gerry-McCann-open-mental-health-struggles-Radio-4-interview.html

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/7273738/madeleine-mccanns-dad-to-reveal-his-painful-mental-health-struggle-11-years-after-she-vanished/
A brave move, knowing as he must the ridicule and hatred his interview will generate, some sceptics must surely be rubbing their hands together with glee over this news - I predict Gerry will provide them with a wealth of material to “wonder” over, to cross reference with interviews he gave 10 years ago, etc. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Erngath

« Reply #4266 on: September 17, 2018, 09:21:19 AM »
A brave move, knowing as he must the ridicule and hatred his interview will generate, some sceptics must surely be rubbing their hands together with glee over this news - I predict Gerry will provide them with a wealth of material to “wonder” over, to cross reference with interviews he gave 10 years ago, etc.

It will be interesting to read the sceptic view of why Gerry is taking part in this broadcast.
In my opinion this continues to indicate that Madeleine's parents had no part in the disappearance of their daughter.
Unless of course he is the duplicitous, scheming, callous man that some believe him to be.
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #4267 on: September 17, 2018, 09:50:57 AM »

It will be interesting to read the sceptic view of why Gerry is taking part in this broadcast.
In my opinion this continues to indicate that Madeleine's parents had no part in the disappearance of their daughter.
Unless of course he is the duplicitous, scheming, callous man that some believe him to be.

Whatever happened 11 years ago, he lost his daughter. The mental effects of that will still be real.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #4268 on: September 17, 2018, 10:35:16 AM »
Whatever happened 11 years ago, he lost his daughter. The mental effects of that will still be real.

But continue the charade by taking part in a broadcast about mental stress when he knows he has been part of a huge deception.
Really?
Surely that will add to the guilt and mental stress?

Offline jassi

« Reply #4269 on: September 17, 2018, 10:47:20 AM »
Once you've grasped the Tiger's tail of deception, it's difficult to let go.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Erngath

« Reply #4270 on: September 17, 2018, 10:59:30 AM »

Stock response when there is there is nothing plausible to add.
Why volunteer to continue the deception ?
He could have let go of the Tigers tail years ago.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4271 on: September 17, 2018, 05:32:30 PM »
What do you know about it?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4272 on: September 17, 2018, 05:49:57 PM »
What kind of person would give this reader’s comment a red arrow?

“A brave thing to do given all the negative press this family get, none of us can imagine your pain but we can share your hope that one day Maddie will be found”..

1400 people saw fit to do so.  Sickos. 

Offline jassi

« Reply #4273 on: September 17, 2018, 05:52:08 PM »
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4274 on: September 17, 2018, 05:59:06 PM »
Everything  8)--))
That figures, I always thought there was something deceitful about you.