Author Topic: Yet another naff sighting.  (Read 10954 times)

stephen25000

Yet another naff sighting.
« on: April 26, 2013, 07:22:00 AM »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1042818/I-saw-girl-looked-like-Maddie-tram-Brussels-New-sighting-McCanns-detectives-focus-Belgium.html

It would be interesting to measure the correlation between 'sightings' and appearances of the Mccanns in the media.

So bearing in mind the mail article, anytime now. ?{)(**

debunker

Re: Yet another naff sighting.
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2013, 07:30:50 AM »
Perhaps you would like to do a scientific correlation rather than just trying to make the best guess to meet your biased view every time there is a sighting.

Boring and predictable.

Unable to debate using facts so you just scattergun stupid unsupported factoids into the forum.

debunker

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2013, 07:34:03 AM »
It seems that the 'naff sighting' is the result of the SY review finding it as being not followed up by the PJ when it was reported.

I saw girl who looked like Maddie on tram in Brussels': New sighting as McCanns' detectives focus on Belgium
By DAILY MAIL REPORTER
UPDATED: 12:30, 25 April 2013

A Belgian woman has spoken of the moment she spotted a child who looked like Madeleine McCann in Brussels just days after she went missing.

Line Compere recounted how she saw the girl with an Eastern European couple on a tram heading for the city's train station.

Her sighting was one of several potential leads revealed in the Portuguese police case files. Detectives are now looking at more than 100 in Belgium alone.

Miss Compere, 31, spoke out again yesterday after it emerged British police were tipped-off Madeleine may have been snatched for a paedophile ring in Belgium.

'I made the sighting on a tram. We were on the Number 18 tram from Porte d'Anderlecht going towards the Gare du Midi,' she said.

'They got off and then got on to the number 51 tram. She really looked like Madeleine, but her hair was different.

'In the photos I saw of Madeleine, she had a fringe, but this girl did not. She was dressed all in pink and was in a pushchair.

'I was standing close to her and saw her eyes - they were blue. But I did not notice any marking on her eye.

'She was with a man and a woman, both between 35 and 40 years old. They were white but had dark hair and looked Eastern European.

'They were both dressed in dark clothes. The girl looked very different to the adults.'

She added: 'I was interviewed once by Belgian police who launched an inquiry, and I gave them all the details I knew.'

The report was passed on to the Portuguese police but it is unclear what action was taken to follow it up.

According to the Portuguese police case files, Ms Compere said she saw the girl 12 days after Madeleine disappeared in Praia da Luz on May 3 last year.

She was suspicious because the couple with the youngster did not look like her, appeared to be speaking a different language and did not seem to know her well.

At the time, she had never seen a picture of Madeleine but later that day was shown a photograph of the missing girl and was struck by the similarity, according to the files.

In her interview on June 1 last year, she told police: 'When I saw the photo in question, it immediately jumped out to me that there was a big resemblance to the little girl on the tram.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1042818/I-saw-girl-looked-like-Maddie-tram-Brussels-New-sighting-McCanns-detectives-focus-Belgium.html

Maybe you don't want the SY review to find anything that upsets your applecart.

debunker

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2013, 07:38:37 AM »
Maybe you believe that SY are part of Team McCann, feeding this story to the press to help them with the anniversary.

Or maybe it is just a coincidence.

stephen25000

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2013, 08:15:59 AM »
Perhaps you would like to do a scientific correlation rather than just trying to make the best guess to meet your biased view every time there is a sighting.

Boring and predictable.

Unable to debate using facts so you just scattergun stupid unsupported factoids into the forum.

As was demonstrated yesterday with the removed posts, when you are questioned, you resort to abuse.

Truly reminiscent of a child having a tantrum.

Meanwhile there will be sightings galore.

Are they new ?

No, they come from the files.

Are they of value ?

Well it wastes more tax payers money.

Does it get anywhere ?

Well almost 6 years later with publicity unequaled for any missing child in history, what is there ?

Zip.

Meanwhile the original £3.5 million limit on SY's investigation has been exceeded.

Does SY have any jurisdiction in the case ?

No

Are the Portuguese intending to re-open the case ?

No.

So what next ?   

P.S. According to a poster on MM, this sighting has been around for years

'Just seen on Twitter that this has been around for years. I found it, though, by putting "Madeleine McCann" into search and choosing "Most recent" It states it's been updated this week. The question is why? No other sighting being reported, so dig up an old one? '
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 08:18:45 AM by stephen25000 »

Offline Joanne

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2013, 08:39:37 AM »
Clarence Mitchell certainly does. The papers aren't now going to publish anything suspect/libel/defamatory in the wake of Leveson even if they can back it up.

Offline Puffin

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2013, 08:46:52 AM »
I saw girl who looked like Maddie on tram in Brussels': New sighting as McCanns' detectives focus on Belgium
By DAILY MAIL REPORTER

From the Maddie case files
Post subject: 'I Saw Girl Who Looked Like Maddie on Tram in.......08-08-08

'I saw girl who looked like Maddie on tram in Brussels': New sighting as McCanns' detectives focus on Belgium

By Daily Mail Reporter
Last updated at 9:56 AM on 08th August 2008
The same report?   >@@(*&) >@@(*&)
Truth is the property of no individual but is the treasure of all men.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

stephen25000

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2013, 08:56:32 AM »
Stephen, do you think the McCanns control the British Media?

Here's the original.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1042601/Detectives-probe-100-Madeleine-sightings-Belgium-claims-stolen-order.html

They can feed it. and have done so , over the last 6 years, as have both sides

stephen25000

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2013, 09:07:21 AM »
By DAILY MAIL REPORTER

From the Maddie case files
Post subject: 'I Saw Girl Who Looked Like Maddie on Tram in.......08-08-08

'I saw girl who looked like Maddie on tram in Brussels': New sighting as McCanns' detectives focus on Belgium

By Daily Mail Reporter
Last updated at 9:56 AM on 08th August 2008

The same report?   >@@(*&) >@@(*&)

>@@(*&)

Offline Lace

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2013, 10:53:35 AM »
Why is it whenever a sighting is mentioned,  there are people who find it neccessary to scorn the follow up of them?

Every time you get 'knew this was coming'    'the McCanns have done it again'    for god sake,  do you honestly think the McCanns go travelling around the world asking people to say they could have seen Madeleine?

Let SY do their job.     If it was a sighting that Portugal police didn't follow up,  then they need to persue it,  they are not letting anything go uninvestigated.

stephen25000

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2013, 10:57:30 AM »
Clarence Mitchell certainly does. The papers aren't now going to publish anything suspect/libel/defamatory in the wake of Leveson even if they can back it up.

Clarence Mitchell controls the UK Media?  Can you provide your evidence for this?  Also, can you give me some sort of explanation as to why The Daily Mail does his bidding?  I await your reply with interest.

Mitchell doesn't control the media, he feeds it with the information he wants released, whether it's the 'truth' or otherwise. He homed his skills in the Blair administration and moved onto Cameron's team briefly, I believe.

When have you seen a press conference with the Mccanns, when Mitchell hasn't been in the background controlling which questions are asked or not asked, which is the way he and the Mccanns like it.

''There was no evidence of a break-in. I'm not going into the detail''

“Kate and Gerry McCann would have no issue with taking a lie detector test”. However, two months later, he announced: "Of course they are not going to take any lie detector test”.

“None of them were wearing watches or had mobile phones on them that night”.

and so many more. 8(>((

stephen25000

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2013, 11:05:55 AM »

Clarence Mitchell controls the UK Media?  Can you provide your evidence for this?  Also, can you give me some sort of explanation as to why The Daily Mail does his bidding?  I await your reply with interest.

Stephen - is this latest report fabricated by Clarence Mitchell then?

Mitchell doesn't control the media, he feeds it with the information he wants released, whether it's the 'truth' or otherwise. He homed his skills in the Blair administration and moved onto Cameron's team briefly, I believe.

When have you seen a press conference with the Mccanns, when Mitchell hasn't been in the background controlling which questions are asked or not asked, which is the way he and the Mccanns like it.

“Kate and Gerry McCann would have no issue with taking a lie detector test”. However, two months later, he announced: "Of course they are not going to take any lie detector test”.

and so many more. 8(>((

It's an old headline rehashed, but you know that.

Why don't yoi contact Mitchell, he's on twitter I believe. 8)-)))

stephen25000

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2013, 01:46:37 PM »

Stephen - is this latest report fabricated by Clarence Mitchell then?

and so many more. 8(>((

It's an old headline rehashed, but you know that.

Why don't yoi contact Mitchell, he's on twitter I believe. 8)-)))

I have no interest in contacting Clarence as I don't believe he invented the story.  Do you believe he did?  As the person who made the original sighting gave a quote to the paper yesterday do you think she was coerced into it?

No, I don't believe he made up the headline, but you have to question why it has reappeared now, when it has already been dismissed by the Portuguese.

stephen25000

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2013, 01:58:02 PM »
I think you've answered your own question there - it was dismissed by the Portuguese and SY are reviewing everything they didn't bother following up on properly.  That's why these old reports are being re-visited.  You obviously think it's not worth the time and money to make sure that every avenue is explored, fortunately SY don't agree with you.

So what make the PJ wrong ?

icabodcrane

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2013, 02:00:57 PM »
I think you've answered your own question there - it was dismissed by the Portuguese and SY are reviewing everything they didn't bother following up on properly.  That's why these old reports are being re-visited.  You obviously think it's not worth the time and money to make sure that every avenue is explored, fortunately SY don't agree with you.

Scotland Yard are keeping the Daily Mail updated on  operation grange  ?