Author Topic: Portuguese lawyer Marcos Aragão Correia and the Arade dam search.  (Read 57373 times)

icabodcrane

His name seems to crop up frequently in the McCann case

What do we know about him ?

« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 01:24:38 AM by John »

icabodcrane

Re: Portuguese lawyer Marcos Aragão Correia
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 12:36:28 AM »
What  ?  ...  nothing ?

Well I've been doing a bit of web searching and this chap no-one seems to know anything about,  who's name crops up time and again in the McCann case,    seems to have had   a very murky connection with the private detectives hired by the McCanns  (  the ones who have since been arrested ..  Metodo 3  ) 

Can it really be true that the McCann's investigators used Madeleine Fund money to pay  him to discredit the police  ? 

Offline gilet

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2013, 02:14:55 PM »
What  ?  ...  nothing ?

Well I've been doing a bit of web searching and this chap no-one seems to know anything about,  who's name crops up time and again in the McCann case,    seems to have had   a very murky connection with the private detectives hired by the McCanns  (  the ones who have since been arrested ..  Metodo 3  ) 

Can it really be true that the McCann's investigators used Madeleine Fund money to pay  him to discredit the police  ?

Do you have any link to any evidence that McCann investigators paid him? Or is this simply a made up allegation?

Offline DCI

• Why are some folks so sick in the head!!!
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2013, 03:05:22 PM »
What  ?  ...  nothing ?

You couldn't have looked far,  icabodcrane.

Amaral knows him well enough. He's also the lawyer that was acting for Leonor Cipriano, for FREE!
But I presume you already know all about him, and are just being picky.

http://justice4mccannfam.5forum.biz/t4149-accused-of-defaming-former-inspector-goncalo-amaral-know-today-the-court-decision
Kate's 500 Mile Cycle Challenge

https://www.justgiving.com/KateMcCann/

Online Eleanor

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2013, 03:09:06 PM »

Marcos Correia is an honourable man who fights for Human Rights, and cares very much about Leonor Cipriano.

icabodcrane

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2013, 03:29:42 PM »

Marcos Correia is an honourable man who fights for Human Rights, and cares very much about Leonor Cipriano.

He must have been very disappointed when she had 7 months added to her sentence last week for lying to the court   ... and why did he stop representing the child murderess if he cares so very much about her  ?

Offline John

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2013, 03:35:11 PM »
You can read all about him here...

http://www.madeleinefoundation.org.uk/Marcos%20Correia%20outburst.html

which includes this piece...

Marcos Correia was to tell the media, when he first became publicly associated with the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, in January 2008, that on Sunday 6 May 2007 - just three days after Madeleine McCann was reported missing – he had been told that ‘underworld sources’ had told him that Madeleine McCann had ‘been abducted, raped, killed and her body thrown in a ‘murky lake’.’

He was later to admit that this story was a complete and utter fabrication having absolutely no foundation whatsoever.

He then came up with an entirely new account of how his interest in the Madeleine McCann case was supposed to have come about. He now had an entirely novel explanation for how he came to believe (see below) that Madeleine’s body had been thrown into a murky lake.

He now informed the media that his interest in Madeleine had begun with a supernatural vision. This vision, he claimed, had come to him upon his conversion to spiritualism in Madeira. He said that he had recently become a spiritualist and had received a supernatural vision on the evening after his very first attendance at a Spiritualist Church meeting on Madeira, on Saturday 5 May 2007, two days after Madeleine was reported missing. In this vision, he claimed he had seen Madeleine’s body being thrown into a lake – which he subsequently decided must have been the Arade Dam.

This is the full account he gave to Portuguese journalist José Leite, from the magazine O Crime, of this vision, in December 2008:

“On 5th May [the Saturday immediately after Madeleine was reported missing], on returning from a spiritualist meeting in Madeira, immediately after going to bed, but just before falling asleep -  at around midnight - an extraordinary thing happened to me, for the first time in my life. I saw the image of a little girl that must have been around four years of age, with blonde, shoulder-length straight hair, blue eyes, very disturbed, visibly unable to understand what was happening to her, accompanied by a female being of great beauty and great spiritual standing.

“Then, other images appeared to me, concerning what had happened to this girl. I saw a strongly-built man, blue eyes, somewhat balding and with blondish hair, brutally raping that girl and then strangling her with his hands, throwing the cadaver into a lake. I perceived by a map that was shown to me [presumably he means during his alleged vision], that this happened in the Algarve, but I couldn’t read the name of the village. I stress that I hadn’t seen any photo of Maddie before. I only knew, from what I’d heard on the radio, that she was 3 years old”.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 07:50:01 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline DCI

• Why are some folks so sick in the head!!!
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2013, 03:41:10 PM »

He must have been very disappointed when she had 7 months added to her sentence last week for lying to the court   ... and why did he stop representing the child murderess if he cares so very much about her  ?

@)(++(*
Kate's 500 Mile Cycle Challenge

https://www.justgiving.com/KateMcCann/

icabodcrane

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2013, 03:52:52 PM »
What  ?  ...  nothing ?

Do you have any link to any evidence that McCann investigators paid him? Or is this simply a made up allegation?

I don't  know if it's a 'made up'  allegation or not  ...  that's why I asked the question  "Can it really be true ?"

...  do you think it's  'made up' ? 

« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 03:57:28 PM by icabodcrane »

Offline John

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2013, 04:08:42 PM »
Under questioning, Correia allegedly admitted that Metodo 3 had paid him ‘expenses’ for the searches at the Arade dam which is where he claimed that Maddie's body lay.   It appears that the divers were probably funded not by Mr Correia, but by Metodo 3, who were in turn funded by Kennedy/Madeleine Fund.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 07:50:50 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

icabodcrane

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2013, 04:13:54 PM »
Under questioning, Correia allegedly admitted that Metodo 3 had paid him ‘expenses’ for the searches at the Arade dam which is where he claimed that Maddie's body lay.   It appears that the divers were probably funded not by Mr Correia, but by Metodo 3, who were in turn funded by Kennedy/Madeleine Fund.

What do you mean  'under questioning'

Where and when was he questioned about his connection to,  and money recieved  from,  the McCann detectives ?

I know nothing about this fellow,  except for a few things I have read since yesterday  so my questions are out of genuine interest  (  thanks for the article above  ) 
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 07:52:30 PM by John »

Online Eleanor

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2013, 05:26:36 PM »

The private life of Marcos Correia is his own business.  He has defended Leonor Cipriano for Free, and against enormous opposition from The Portuguese Judiciary who persistently refuse to even consider that her Conviction is at the very least Unsafe, despite accepting that a Confession was obtained by Torture.
He is a brave man in the face of a Fascist State, and for that I admire him.

Offline John

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2013, 06:37:37 PM »
Marcos Correia, lawyer for Léonor Cipriano suspended and expelled from court.

http://blip.tv/duarte-levy/avocat-de-l%C3%A9onor-cipriano-suspendu-et-expuls%C3%A9-du-tribunal-1702161

debunker

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2013, 06:52:27 PM »
The Portuguese reaction to the Cipriano appeal may be similar to where the UK was in the 1980s:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/theguardian/2011/mar/12/gareth-peirce-birmingham-six

Online Eleanor

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2013, 07:19:59 PM »
The Portuguese reaction to the Cipriano appeal may be similar to where the UK was in the 1980s:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/theguardian/2011/mar/12/gareth-peirce-birmingham-six

I was as grossly offended then as I am now, and ever will be about Unsafe Convictions.  Best not to set me off on The Irish Problem.

At the very least, The Convictions of both of The Cipriano Defendants were Unsafe.  The minute that Torture comes into it, the Case is lost.