Author Topic: Is there any substance to Dave Edgar's alive and living in a lair claim?  (Read 5325 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: Is there any substance to Dave Edgar's alive and living in a lair claim?
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2018, 07:11:49 AM »
Personally, I dont want it turning into a one sided 'investigation'. 

We have seen facts twisted and myths tuned into so called facts on here.   I would prefer that equal numbers from our side were there at the same time to keep a balance and (sorry to say it) monitor what is happening. 

The last thing that The Mccanns and the case need is new propaganda ... and twisted so called new facts being bandied about  IMO.

Are you accusing Rob of intending to carry out a one sided investigation? You also seem to think that he's on a different 'side' to yours.

I think he's very honest and would never intentionally twist facts or promote myths. I also think he realises that beliefs aren't facts, which makes him more realistic than those who have an unshakeable belief in their own version of events and ignore any evidence which contradicts it.

I think it's quite insulting to suggest he needs monitoring.

Perhaps he'll find Edgar's 'lair'.  @)(++(*

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2018, 07:19:13 AM »
Let’s hope Kate’s Christmas message this year refelects her gratefulness for the effort the Met are going to.
Let’s hope it doesn’t otherwise what will you have left to write about!
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2018, 07:20:46 AM »
Are you accusing Rob of intending to carry out a one sided investigation? You also seem to think that he's on a different 'side' to yours.

I think he's very honest and would never intentionally twist facts or promote myths. I also think he realises that beliefs aren't facts, which makes him more realistic than those who have an unshakeable belief in their own version of events and ignore any evidence which contradicts it.

I think you may well have the, wrong idea about who is ignoring the, evidence... I think that is a similar comment to me saying some don't understand  the evidence

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2018, 07:22:29 AM »

A nice attempt at even-handedness but you blew it with your last sentence which was both tasteless and taking the piss.  IMO.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2018, 07:25:48 AM »
I don't see much value in any individual going to investigate... What do they hope to acheive

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2018, 07:53:17 AM »
A nice attempt at even-handedness but you blew it with your last sentence which was both tasteless and taking the piss.  IMO.

Not at all. Just a light-hearted attempt to stay on topic.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2018, 08:01:59 AM »
Not at all. Just a light-hearted attempt to stay on topic.
light-hearted about the concept of a paedophile’s lair?  OK then.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2018, 08:22:16 AM »

I'm not the one suggesting, based only on a hunch, that there's an underground lair where a child has been kept for 11 years and abused. Save your outrage for the one who thinks it's acceptable to promote such ideas regardless of the effect it may have on the child's family.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2018, 08:24:47 AM »
I'm not the one suggesting, based only on a hunch, that there's an underground lair where a child has been kept for 11 years and abused. Save your outrage for the one who thinks it's acceptable to promote such ideas regardless of the effect it may have on the child's family.
It is a legitimate theory and should not be sneered at.  It has happened to other young girls and sneering at the concept is a great insult to them.  Do you seriously think the thought had never crossed the McCanns’ minds until Edgar suggested it?  At least he doesn’t appear to find the idea comical, like you appear to.

Offline The General

« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2018, 08:30:35 AM »
The term 'lair' suggests that this potential paedophile lives in a cave with a missing teenage girl, and has done for 11 years minimum.
The suggestion by Edgar, apparently a seasoned police officer who knows how unlikely that is, is ludicrous, to coin a phrase. He hasn't based that on any evidence, it's a wild, sensationalist finger in the air.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2018, 08:32:07 AM »
The term 'lair' suggests that this potential paedophile lives in a cave with a missing teenage girl, and has done for 11 years minimum.
The suggestion by Edgar, apparently a seasoned police officer who knows how unlikely that is, is ludicrous, to coin a phrase. He hasn't based that on any evidence, it's a wild, sensationalist finger in the air.
Is “lair”Edgar’s word or the headline writer’s?  Do you have any evidence that Edgar believes Madeleine is living in a cave?

lair1
/lɛː/Submit
noun
a place where a wild animal lives.
"the badgers carried the food back to their lair"
synonyms:   den, burrow, hole, lie, covert, tunnel, dugout, hollow, cave, haunt
"the lair of a large python"
a secret or private place in which a person seeks concealment or seclusion.
"he led the police to the criminals' lair"
synonyms:   hideaway, hiding place, hideout, refuge, sanctuary, haven, cache, shelter, retreat; informalhidey-hole

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2018, 08:38:23 AM »

Outrage for one who promotes such ideas regardless if the effect on the Childs family.... Yet you support amaral promoting ideas based on long discredited evidence

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #42 on: December 20, 2018, 09:07:17 AM »
It is a legitimate theory and should not be sneered at.  It has happened to other young girls and sneering at the concept is a great insult to them.  Do you seriously think the thought had never crossed the McCanns’ minds until Edgar suggested it?  At least he doesn’t appear to find the idea comical, like you appear to.

Where's his evidence? He's an ex policeman and he thinks his hunches are worthy of serious consideration? I wasn't actually thinking of the effect on adults either.
Result = happy posting.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2018, 09:10:34 AM »
Outrage for one who promotes such ideas regardless if the effect on the Childs family.... Yet you support amaral promoting ideas based on long discredited evidence

There are theories based on evidence and theories based on hunches. Then there are opinions about evidence having been discredited.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #44 on: December 20, 2018, 09:15:52 AM »
There are theories based on evidence and theories based on hunches. Then there are opinions about evidence having been discredited.

There are theories based on what some people think are evidence.... And often isn't.... According to the Guardian Almeida testified that the main evidence against the mccanns was the dog alerts....do you not realise the significance of the alerts... They are not proof of anything... And not evidence of anything.  .that is not opinion... It's fact