Author Topic: A proven miscarriage of justice in Portugal  (Read 18805 times)

Offline faithlilly

Re: A proven miscarriage of justice in Portugal
« Reply #45 on: February 06, 2019, 06:42:18 PM »
I have given a named person who said she confessed on 13th October 2004. Give me someone (named) who said she didn't.

Célia Costa, Cipriano’s lawyer, would be the perfect witness to debunk the officers claim. Has she ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #46 on: February 06, 2019, 06:54:02 PM »
Célia Costa, Cipriano’s lawyer, would be the perfect witness to debunk the officers claim. Has she ?

Amaral sued correia fir accusing amaral of being complicit in the extraction of a confession by torture... Amaral lost

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #47 on: February 06, 2019, 06:57:44 PM »
Amaral sued correia fir accusing amaral of being complicit in the extraction of a confession by torture... Amaral lost

And ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2019, 07:06:23 PM »
And ?

Amaral never claimed she had already confessed

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #49 on: February 06, 2019, 07:42:05 PM »
Amaral never claimed she had already confessed

Did Costa claim Cipriano hadn’t confessed before being tortured?

Offline misty

« Reply #50 on: February 06, 2019, 09:43:42 PM »
Did Costa claim Cipriano hadn’t confessed before being tortured?

In the Proven Facts (no. 8) of the attached document, it states that Leonor went to Faro police station accompanied by her lawyer Celia Costa & was interrogated by Cristovao. There is no reference to a confession. The next proven fact relates to events of 14th October 2004.
http://home.iscte-iul.pt/~apad/ACED_juristas/maddietrab_ficheiros/Acordao%20Leonor%20Cipriano%20contra%20Goncalo%20e%20outros.%2022Maio2009.pdf

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2019, 10:11:01 PM »
According to this the torture occurred at the end of September
http://www.statewatch.org/news/2008/may/02portugal-report.htm
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2019, 07:52:56 AM »
Interesting to note that no one who has absolute belief in Leonor’s guilt has been able to explain why. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2019, 08:07:45 AM »
Interesting to note that no one who has absolute belief in Leonor’s guilt has been able to explain why.

It looks like a thoughtless reaction to me.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #54 on: February 08, 2019, 08:29:18 AM »
Except Cipriano gave her confession before the alleged beating.
If Cipriano gave her confession before her (proven) beating, the very next day she withdrew her confession which suggests whatever the case she gave a confession under duress.  If she was beaten up after confessing and then withdrawing her confession then perhaps that would explain why - beaten for withdrawing her confession. 

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #55 on: February 08, 2019, 09:14:33 AM »
If Cipriano gave her confession before her (proven) beating, the very next day she withdrew her confession which suggests whatever the case she gave a confession under duress.  If she was beaten up after confessing and then withdrawing her confession then perhaps that would explain why - beaten for withdrawing her confession.

There is no real evidence she confessed the day before... The only statement I've seen to support it is from one of the PJ accused of the torture...

Several Portuguese papers have also reported she confessed in court... That is untrue too... Neither did Jaoa.... In court the prosecution showed a video of a confession by Jaoa which may well have been inadmissible as confessions are only accepted as evidence if they are made in court
« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 09:17:55 AM by Davel »

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #56 on: February 08, 2019, 09:17:45 AM »
There is no real evidence she confessed the day before... The only statement I've seen to support it is from one of the PJ accused of the torture...

This is all that I have seen as well.  A PJ Officer accused of her torture.  Has anyone got anything better to offer?

Offline barrier

« Reply #57 on: February 08, 2019, 10:09:07 AM »
Or,has no one got anything better to do.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #58 on: February 08, 2019, 10:11:30 AM »
Or,has no one got anything better to do.

It would seem that it might be a waste of time.  I'll grant you that.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #59 on: February 08, 2019, 10:46:20 AM »
This is all that I have seen as well.  A PJ Officer accused of her torture.  Has anyone got anything better to offer?

A PJ officer acquitted of her torture ?

I believe you made the point yesterday about OJ being acquitted.

I also gave cites yesterday detailing the presence of Cipriano’s lawyer Célia Costa in the room when Cipriano confessed. That would be a pretty stupid claim to make in court if not true.

You seem to have a bit of a soft spot for this convicted child killer Eleanor but your sympathies really would be better directed elsewhere.