Author Topic: A proven miscarriage of justice in Portugal  (Read 18613 times)

Offline Miss Taken Identity

Re: A proven miscarriage of justice in Portugal
« Reply #120 on: February 17, 2019, 03:10:15 PM »
It seems some people want to turn a blind eye to this...

What has this got to do with MBMs disappearance? is this to slag off a judicery?

how about this one?

James Hanratty (4 October 1936 – 4 April 1962), also known as the A6 Murderer, was a British criminal who was one of the final eight people in the UK to be executed before capital punishment was effectively abolished.

Innocent!  it happens everywhere, but again nothing to do with MBM disapearing while her parents were eating and drinking.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #121 on: February 17, 2019, 03:39:28 PM »
What has this got to do with MBMs disappearance? is this to slag off a judicery?

how about this one?

James Hanratty (4 October 1936 – 4 April 1962), also known as the A6 Murderer, was a British criminal who was one of the final eight people in the UK to be executed before capital punishment was effectively abolished.

Innocent!  it happens everywhere, but again nothing to do with MBM disapearing while her parents were eating and drinking.
Quite.  “Nothing to see here!  Move along, move along!”
« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 04:41:42 PM by Vertigo Swirl »
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

« Reply #122 on: February 17, 2019, 04:07:58 PM »
Quite.  “Nothing to see hear!  Move along, move along!”

Oh I think plenty to see. If this thread is for the benefit of those who do not know the case and  may be of the impression that the PJ were tortuting or threatening to torture Kate, this should be explained.

Unless of course it was just to slag off anyone one or any country who just do not buy into the abduction story as told by Kate McCann.

« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 05:40:08 PM by Brietta »

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #123 on: February 17, 2019, 04:13:56 PM »
Oh I think plenty to see. If this thread is for the benefit of those who do not know the case and  may be of the impression that the PJ were tortuting or threatening to torture and fit up Kate, this should be explained.

Unless of course it was just to slag off anyone one or any country who just do not buy into the abduction story as told by Kate McCann.

@)(++(* I think you have totally missed the point.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 05:41:37 PM by Brietta »
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

« Reply #124 on: February 19, 2019, 11:04:24 PM »
@)(++(* I think you have totally missed the point.

Oh I don't think so. This thread is all about miscarriage of justice in Portugal.  Have the parents or MBM been the victims of such miscarriage in Portugal?

why not add miscarriage on other EU countries as well?  if you want to be seen as even handed. Cipriano has their own thread...

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #125 on: February 20, 2019, 07:11:05 PM »
Oh I don't think so. This thread is all about miscarriage of justice in Portugal.  Have the parents or MBM been the victims of such miscarriage in Portugal?

why not add miscarriage on other EU countries as well?  if you want to be seen as even handed. Cipriano has their own thread...
This thread proves that miscarriages of justice do occur in Portugal contrary to the beliefs of at least one member of this forum and it also proves that in Portugal false confessions can be obtained under duress.  I think that is relevant to the McCann case because IF the Ciprianos gave false confessions and were not actually involved in the disappearance of Joana then that makes not one but TWO unsolved disappearsnces of young girls in a short space of time within a few miles of each other and in a sparsely populated area. 

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #126 on: February 21, 2019, 11:42:32 AM »
This thread proves that miscarriages of justice do occur in Portugal contrary to the beliefs of at least one member of this forum and it also proves that in Portugal false confessions can be obtained under duress.  I think that is relevant to the McCann case because IF the Ciprianos gave false confessions and were not actually involved in the disappearance of Joana then that makes not one but TWO unsolved disappearsnces of young girls in a short space of time within a few miles of each other and in a sparsely populated area.
For those have not visited this region of Portugal, let me clarify.

There is no way that Luz could be accurately as 'sparsely populated' in May 2007.

I have never visited Figueira.  From satellite images it looks tiny, which suggests it is predominantly Portuguese, unlike Luz which is predominantly English.

I note there is a golf course nearby.  While Luz had Boa Vista golf course on the hill to the east.  Perhaps OG should be investigating a golfing abductor?

There is also a Praia da Figueira, a little way south.  Luz has its own beach on its doorstep.  Perhaps OG should investigate all beach visitors in both cases?

Figueira also has, at least, one restaurant and a shop.  Luz had many.  Perhaps OG should investigate all those going to restaurants and shops (and cafes and bars of course)?

How about rubbish removal?  Perhaps SmellyBinMan was hanging around Figueira as well?

I wish the discussion of the Cipriano case was restricted to her forum here, and not dragged into the MBM case.

The MOs are totally different.  The victims were very different.

I fail to see any significant connection.

What's up, old man?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #127 on: February 21, 2019, 12:39:56 PM »

There is no way that Luz could be accurately as 'sparsely populated' in May 2007.

I have never visited Figueira.  From satellite images it looks tiny, which suggests it is predominantly Portuguese, unlike Luz which is predominantly English.

I note there is a golf course nearby.  While Luz had Boa Vista golf course on the hill to the east.  Perhaps OG should be investigating a golfing abductor?

There is also a Praia da Figueira, a little way south.  Luz has its own beach on its doorstep.  Perhaps OG should investigate all beach visitors in both cases?

Figueira also has, at least, one restaurant and a shop.  Luz had many.  Perhaps OG should investigate all those going to restaurants and shops (and cafes and bars of course)?

How about rubbish removal?  Perhaps SmellyBinMan was hanging around Figueira as well?

I wish the discussion of the Cipriano case was restricted to her forum here, and not dragged into the MBM case.

there is the added connection of amaral....who may well have been wrong in both cases

Online Eleanor

« Reply #128 on: February 21, 2019, 02:24:04 PM »
there is the added connection of amaral....who may well have been wrong in both cases

And Cristovao, who is a downright crook.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #129 on: February 21, 2019, 05:55:13 PM »

It is relatively sparsely populated. The population density of Portugal is 112 per square km, the population density of the Algarve is 90 sq. km.  Compare this with the population density of Derbyshire of 400 per sq km.    The fact that two youg girls have disappeared into thin air within a few km of each other in the space of two years is extraordinarily rare, especially when you factor in the low population. 

Offline misty

« Reply #130 on: February 21, 2019, 06:25:28 PM »
And Cristovao, who is a downright crook.
The re-trial of the kidnapping/aggravated burglary case started last Monday & is scheduled to last for around 4 months.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #131 on: February 21, 2019, 06:30:12 PM »
The re-trial of the kidnapping/aggravated burglary case started last Monday & is scheduled to last for around 4 months.

Thanks for that information.  Thank goodness I haven't been holding my breath.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #132 on: February 22, 2019, 10:33:42 AM »
It is relatively sparsely populated. The population density of Portugal is 112 per square km, the population density of the Algarve is 90 sq. km.  Compare this with the population density of Derbyshire of 400 per sq km.    The fact that two youg girls have disappeared into thin air within a few km of each other in the space of two years is extraordinarily rare, especially when you factor in the low population.
What has your post got to do with reality?

I don't care what the population density of the Algarve, Portugal or Derbyshire is, because it is comparing apples to elephants.  I dare say New York, London, Hong Kong, or Singapore have much higher population densities, but so what?  The 'disappearances' did not happen there, did they?

I have stacked up a trip to Figueira to have a nose about.  To find out if it different to Lisbon, Porto, Portimão, Lagos and Sagres.

If anyone has any requests for photos, this is the time to pipe up.  My 'partner in crime' is starting a new job soon, so we have to crack on with it.
What's up, old man?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #133 on: February 22, 2019, 11:37:08 AM »
What has your post got to do with reality?

I don't care what the population density of the Algarve, Portugal or Derbyshire is, because it is comparing apples to elephants.  I dare say New York, London, Hong Kong, or Singapore have much higher population densities, but so what?  The 'disappearances' did not happen there, did they?

I have stacked up a trip to Figueira to have a nose about.  To find out if it different to Lisbon, Porto, Portimão, Lagos and Sagres.

If anyone has any requests for photos, this is the time to pipe up.  My 'partner in crime' is starting a new job soon, so we have to crack on with it.

I think there is a reality inherent in the vanishing without a trace of two little girls from places which are very close to each other ... not forgetting the crimes committed in surrounding areas against little girls while their parents slept oblivious under the same roof.

Not apples or oranges or even elephants ... the comparison involves two little girls whose vanishing in time and place must surely be considered of some relevance and be at least worthy of consideration as being connected.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #134 on: February 22, 2019, 01:36:59 PM »
I think there is a reality inherent in the vanishing without a trace of two little girls from places which are very close to each other ... not forgetting the crimes committed in surrounding areas against little girls while their parents slept oblivious under the same roof.

Not apples or oranges or even elephants ... the comparison involves two little girls whose vanishing in time and place must surely be considered of some relevance and be at least worthy of consideration as being connected.
Perhaps I should drop in to the forum a link to the top 15 unsolved murders in the UK.  The first two were from Fulham.  Possibly this makes Fulham the crime capital of the UK, but somehow I doubt it.

Let me tell you two real life stories from life here on the Algarve.

Story 1.  I was walking down Primary School Street in Luz, presumably to check out something about the Smith sighting.  As I passed the primary school, a small child started up a conversation with me.  From behind the school perimeter fence, which he was climbing up like a monkey.

It is easy to tell if children are Portuguese, on sight, and he was.  Equally, it is easy to tell if people are non-Portuguese, so the little boy 'clocked' me instantly, and we had a short exchange, all in fluent English.

Primary school.  He spoke to me in high quality English.  He recognised me as non-Portuguese.

Story 2 is much more recent.  We have a primary school in our village, and a church.  As far I could tell, neither was in active use.  However, when I took my grandchildren around for an 'adventure' the primary school was stuffed with people.  Behind the perimeter fence, the playground was buzzing with football, kids on scooters.  At the entrance to the school, perhaps 20m away, there is a patio.  The parents were sitting there, eating, drinking, conversing.

My grandson had been mithering because he had no friends to play with.  Now we welcome his Portuguese friends into our property.

ANALYSIS

Cipriano v Madeleine?

What's up, old man?