Author Topic: A proven miscarriage of justice in Portugal  (Read 18805 times)

Offline misty

Re: A proven miscarriage of justice in Portugal
« Reply #210 on: February 27, 2019, 11:07:39 PM »
There is no definition that would describe leaving three under 4 alone in a strange apartment, in a strange location as good.

As I said, it's subjective. Clearly in other countries different standards apply and statistically Madeleine was safer alone than with her parents on the premises. However, it's not a practice I would recommend in our crime-ridden country.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/mar/04/hidden-crisis-of-small-children-left-home-alone-while-parents-work

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #211 on: February 28, 2019, 12:40:59 AM »
As I said, it's subjective. Clearly in other countries different standards apply and statistically Madeleine was safer alone than with her parents on the premises. However, it's not a practice I would recommend in our crime-ridden country.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/mar/04/hidden-crisis-of-small-children-left-home-alone-while-parents-work

What absolute nonsense. No child is safer alone no matter what the country or circumstances. Where did you get that crazy idea from ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #212 on: February 28, 2019, 12:54:22 AM »
What a disjointed and nasty post which sadly reflects more about you than those you insult by suggesting thousands if not millions of our children are not cared for.
&%%6

When I was appointed as a moderator, the voting result was rigged so that you came equal in the votes.  I offered to withdraw.  You did not.

I have not said or implied that thousands or millions of your children are not cared for.

I HAVE said that the McCanns did not look after their children, which clearly and obviously they did not.  Established years ago.

What a venomous post, from a supposedly senior moderator.   Disgraceful,  Utterly disgraceful.

What's up, old man?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #213 on: February 28, 2019, 02:24:29 AM »
&%%6

When I was appointed as a moderator, the voting result was rigged so that you came equal in the votes.  I offered to withdraw.  You did not.

I have not said or implied that thousands or millions of your children are not cared for.

I HAVE said that the McCanns did not look after their children, which clearly and obviously they did not.  Established years ago.

What a venomous post, from a supposedly senior moderator.   Disgraceful,  Utterly disgraceful.

It is always worth re-reading what you intend to say about yourself in a post before pressing the 'post' button which immortalises it for your brief fifteen minutes of fame.

Your words are in bold ...

to Dante's Inferno in Derbyshire, ???? 

To a hell-hole known as Scotland? 

What is wrong with you people?

I live in a place where we look after our kids. 

And our neighbours kids.

Please feel free to live in your dark corners. 

Just don't try to impose this on Portugal. 

We don't need your excrement.

We look after our kids. 

Please read that again and think carefully about your reasons for posting such a puerile rant on this forum.  I won't insult you by suggesting you think carefully before posting such potentially offensive material in future because I think you already appear to be giving it careful thought.

Manners maketh man 💥
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #214 on: February 28, 2019, 11:50:01 AM »
It is always worth re-reading what you intend to say about yourself in a post before pressing the 'post' button which immortalises it for your brief fifteen minutes of fame.

Your words are in bold ...

to Dante's Inferno in Derbyshire, ???? 

To a hell-hole known as Scotland? 

What is wrong with you people?

I live in a place where we look after our kids. 

And our neighbours kids.

Please feel free to live in your dark corners. 

Just don't try to impose this on Portugal. 

We don't need your excrement.

We look after our kids. 

Please read that again and think carefully about your reasons for posting such a puerile rant on this forum.  I won't insult you by suggesting you think carefully before posting such potentially offensive material in future because I think you already appear to be giving it careful thought.

Manners maketh man 💥
Please either point out which forum rule was broken, and why you didn't moderate it, or stop trying to bully me.

You, and other members, do NOT police what we do in my neck of the woods.  Kindly bear that in mind.

The fact that some members are uppity about my politeness to a small child is utterly disgraceful.  Keep that for your own backyard.

Derbyshire was raised by VS as a place where the population is dense, as a quick use of the search function will confirm.
What's up, old man?

Offline Erngath

« Reply #215 on: February 28, 2019, 12:14:40 PM »
Please either point out which forum rule was broken, and why you didn't moderate it, or stop trying to bully me.

You, and other members, do NOT police what we do in my neck of the woods.  Kindly bear that in mind.

The fact that some members are uppity about my politeness to a small child is utterly disgraceful.  Keep that for your own backyard.

Derbyshire was raised by VS as a place where the population is dense, as a quick use of the search function will confirm.

I have tried to explain the reasoning behind the more secure procedures which out of necessity were implemented in our schools.
Your use  of such words as "hellhole", "dark corners" and "excrement" is both unnecessary and offensive.

No one could ever imagine that in a lovely little school in quiet Dunblane such an atrocity could happen.
It changed the security procedures forever but the children continue to learn and play in a relaxed and pleasant atmosphere.
Adults going past the school are quite at liberty to respond to a child's greeting but must also be aware that the interaction between the child and the unknown adult will be noted .

Sometimes you should consider that your idyllic lifestyle could be altered by evil.
That happend in Dunblane and it shocked our country to the core.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 12:18:45 PM by Erngath »
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #216 on: February 28, 2019, 12:54:59 PM »

I have tried to explain the reasoning behind the more secure procedures which out of necessity were implemented in our schools.
Your use  of such words as "hellhole", "dark corners" and "excrement" is both unnecessary and offensive.

No one could ever imagine that in a lovely little school in quiet Dunblane such an atrocity could happen.
It changed the security procedures forever but the children continue to learn and play in a relaxed and pleasant atmosphere.
Adults going past the school are quite at liberty to respond to a child's greeting but must also be aware that the interaction between the child and the unknown adult will be noted .

Sometimes you should consider that your idyllic lifestyle could be altered by evil.

Some events are so powerful that they alter the psyche of a nation.  Dunblane was one such and for a very short period the little primary school was indeed turned into a "hellhole" thanks to a depraved individual who had access to legally held guns.
But it most certainly is not an apt description with which to label a whole country. 

One should never tempt fate by crowing that one's own chosen idyll is immune from such evil because I can state from personal knowledge that Dunblane is as idyllic a place to be and to bring up children as anywhere in the world.  The event of 1996 did not change that.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #217 on: February 28, 2019, 01:24:58 PM »

Kindly don't lecture me on Scotland.  I am well acquainted with it. My first degree was awarded by the University of Edinburgh.  For any Scottish guests, there was a college in Edinburgh called Heriot-Watt, which was elevated to university status at some point. I did not attend Heriot-Watt.  I graduated from the University of Edinburgh, which happens to have been a university for many centuries.

My lifestyle here is not what I would describe as idyllic, nor is our neck of the woods.  But with whatever life I have left, I intend to optimise it.  That includes the freedom to speak to any small child who initiates a conversation.

There is a small Portuguese girl in my village, perhaps aged 3.  I sometimes pass her by as she is going out to her car early in the morning, presumably to pre-school.  At the same time I am dumping our rubbish in one of the local wheelie bins.

The location is a fairly narrow street, and we get idiot drivers who speed along it.

The little girl has spoken to me either twice or 3 times now, all started by her.  Basically, I haven't got a clue what she is saying, so I try responding to her in very simple Portuguese, whether it makes sense to her or not.

She adores my puppy, because Gonçalo is adorable.

On those 2 or 3 occasions, she had run ahead of her mother, so the little girl was alone, on our village high street.  Apart from me.

What should I have done when she decided she wanted to start up a chat with me?

Judging by 'best advice' offered so far, I should have ignored her completely, walked swiftly away, and left her to her fate.

&%%6

I checked to find out that her mother was nearby and coming to the car.  I checked to make sure there was no traffic coming along the high street.

Here we look after our kids.  And our neighbours kids.
What's up, old man?

Offline Erngath

« Reply #218 on: February 28, 2019, 01:52:21 PM »
Kindly don't lecture me on Scotland.  I am well acquainted with it. My first degree was awarded by the University of Edinburgh.  For any Scottish guests, there was a college in Edinburgh called Heriot-Watt, which was elevated to university status at some point. I did not attend Heriot-Watt.  I graduated from the University of Edinburgh, which happens to have been a university for many centuries.

My lifestyle here is not what I would describe as idyllic, nor is our neck of the woods.  But with whatever life I have left, I intend to optimise it.  That includes the freedom to speak to any small child who initiates a conversation.

There is a small Portuguese girl in my village, perhaps aged 3.  I sometimes pass her by as she is going out to her car early in the morning, presumably to pre-school.  At the same time I am dumping our rubbish in one of the local wheelie bins.

The location is a fairly narrow street, and we get idiot drivers who speed along it.

The little girl has spoken to me either twice or 3 times now, all started by her.  Basically, I haven't got a clue what she is saying, so I try responding to her in very simple Portuguese, whether it makes sense to her or not.

On those 2 or 3 occasions, she had run ahead of her mother, so the little girl was alone, on our village high street.  Apart from me.

Judging by 'best advice' offered so far, I should have ignored her completely, walked swiftly away, and left her to her fate.

&%%6

I checked to find out that her mother was nearby and coming to the car.  I checked to make sure there was no traffic coming along the high street.

And you can kindly not lecture me on this "hellhole" I live in.
I find this "hellhole" to be not only the country I was born into, but also a beautiful country with folk who by a great majority look after their children and who also are very concerned with the welfare of other children.
It's no surprise that Scotland  is known for the generosity and kindliness of her people.
My lifestyle here is extremely pleasant, so much so that I would certainly never, ever wish to move to any other.
Except of course, a short stay in beautiful Italy.

I find your posts rather aggressive.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #219 on: February 28, 2019, 03:21:56 PM »

&%%6

... so the little girl was alone, on our village high street.
  ... a fairly narrow street, and we get idiot drivers who speed along it.
  ... Here we look after our kids.

Do you really?

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #220 on: February 28, 2019, 04:18:49 PM »
  ... so the little girl was alone, on our village high street.
  ... a fairly narrow street, and we get idiot drivers who speed along it.
  ... Here we look after our kids.

Do you really?
Indeed we do.  I'd suggest you don't selectively pick out lines to illustrate your point of view.  It does you no credit.

I would expect a speeding idiot to brake for a dog, let alone a child.

I was simply illustrating that the McCann standards of care fell woefully short of what we do here.

Crikey!  I have now been castigated for two events where I have been civil to small children.

It's been escalated to paedophiles and Dunblane.

What comes next?  Nazis?  Hiroshima?

I have a third true tale of looking after a young, unknown child.  It occurred somewhere near  Rothley.  Do you want to hear it?  Or do you prefer to escalate simple kindness to Dunblane levels?

Here we look after our kids.  Pity that the parents failed Madeleine.
What's up, old man?

Offline Erngath

« Reply #221 on: February 28, 2019, 05:09:42 PM »
Indeed we do.  I'd suggest you don't selectively pick out lines to illustrate your point of view.  It does you no credit.

I was simply illustrating that the McCann standards of care fell woefully short of what we do here.

Crikey!  I have now been castigated for two events where I have been civil to small children.

I have a third true tale of looking after a young, unknown child.  It occurred somewhere near  Rothley.  Do you want to hear it?  Or do you prefer to escalate simple kindness to Dunblane levels?

As predictably an over exaggerated response from yourself as one has come to expect.

Here we are also kind to  children but are aware that to a young child kindness might mask somewhat alterior motives.

Responsible adults are aware of this difficulty.

Ps.
Bringing Hiroshima and Nazis into the debate is rather distasteful. IMO

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #222 on: February 28, 2019, 05:40:41 PM »

Portugal has a poor record on child abuse and abuse of women

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #223 on: March 01, 2019, 12:16:25 PM »
We have the McCann case, for starters.
 &^^&*
What's up, old man?

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #224 on: March 01, 2019, 01:04:54 PM »

I would say England is far worse.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!