Author Topic: Is the Labour Party in danger of imploding?  (Read 91218 times)

Alfie

Re: Is the Labour Party in danger of imploding?
« Reply #330 on: August 26, 2016, 03:14:47 AM »
According to Virgin, some passengers were offered upgrades to first class in order to free up seats in economy.  Maybe Jez was annoyed at not being one of them?
He was offered a FREE upgrade too but turned it down for some nonsensical but highly sanctimonious reason.  Jesus would have turned it down too, but then He was the Son of God, what's Jeremy's excuse?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 03:18:10 AM by Alfie »

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #331 on: August 26, 2016, 09:59:26 AM »
Corbyn did not tell the truth, and tried to use the train journey to further his political agenda.

The other faces in the videos have been blanked out, so what is the problem ?

Even if Corbyn blatantly lied about the train that isn't a threat to security and it isn't a crime, which are the justifications used to film passengers.

Virgin could perhaps have sued Corbyn and used the images as proof that he attempted to damage their business reputation without just cause.

That's if he actually said 'There are no seats to be had on this train'. My PC won't play the train video for some reason.

I don't think he said he sat on the floor for three hours either, it was the Guardian who insinuated that [but didn't actually say it].

Here's the direct Corbyn quotes I do have;

“This is a problem that many passengers face every day, commuters and long-distance travellers. Today this train is completely ram-packed. The staff are absolutely brilliant, working really hard to help everybody.

“The reality is there are not enough trains, we need more of them – and they’re also incredibly expensive.” He said the whole experience was a good case for public ownership.

Later, Corbyn said: “Is it fair that I should upgrade my ticket whilst others who might not be able to afford such a luxury should have to sit on the floor? It’s their money I would be spending after all.”

The Guardian headine was;

Corbyn joins seatless commuters on floor for three-hour train journey

It doesn't say he was seatless, he joined those who were.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/aug/16/jeremy-corbyn-floor-three-hour-train-journey-london-newcastle

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

stephen25000

« Reply #332 on: August 26, 2016, 10:29:08 AM »
Even if Corbyn blatantly lied about the train that isn't a threat to security and it isn't a crime, which are the justifications used to film passengers.

Virgin could perhaps have sued Corbyn and used the images as proof that he attempted to damage their business reputation without just cause.

That's if he actually said 'There are no seats to be had on this train'. My PC won't play the train video for some reason.

I don't think he said he sat on the floor for three hours either, it was the Guardian who insinuated that [but didn't actually say it].

“This is a problem that many passengers face every day, commuters and long-distance travellers. Today this train is completely ram-packed. The staff are absolutely brilliant, working really hard to help everybody.

“The reality is there are not enough trains, we need more of them – and they’re also incredibly expensive.” He said the whole experience was a good case for public ownership.

Later, Corbyn said: “Is it fair that I should upgrade my ticket whilst others who might not be able to afford such a luxury should have to sit on the floor? It’s their money I would be spending after all.”

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/aug/16/jeremy-corbyn-floor-three-hour-train-journey-london-newcastle

Why can't you actually admit, he is just another B.S. artist as are most politicians ?

...and of course , he gave the excuse as to why he didn't take a seat, even though they were available, because he couldn't sit next to his wife. He never mentioned his wife at the start, only when he was caught out.

So it beggars the question as to why wasn't his wife sitting on the floor with him, when he was filmed.

8)--)) %£&)**# %£&)**#

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #333 on: August 26, 2016, 10:54:39 AM »
Why can't you actually admit, he is just another B.S. artist as are most politicians ?

...and of course , he gave the excuse as to why he didn't take a seat, even though they were available, because he couldn't sit next to his wife. He never mentioned his wife at the start, only when he was caught out.

So it beggars the question as to why wasn't his wife sitting on the floor with him, when he was filmed.

8)--)) %£&)**# %£&)**#

That would involve believing unquestioningly what is reported in the newspapers and believing the man who stands to make profit from the train service. Does that sound like me?

I see that a serious point was being made about passengers being seatless. If there were plenty of seats there would have been no free upgrades available to first class.
Result = happy posting.

stephen25000

« Reply #334 on: August 26, 2016, 11:05:10 AM »
That would involve believing unquestioningly what is reported in the newspapers and believing the man who stands to make profit from the train service. Does that sound like me?

I see that a serious point was being made about passengers being seatless. If there were plenty of seats there would have been no free upgrades available to first class.

So evidently, you believe in Corbyn's B.S.

The videos tell the tale.

Unless you are saying they are forgeries. *&*%£

Alfie

« Reply #335 on: August 26, 2016, 01:17:04 PM »

whose money would he be spending if Virgin offered him a free upgrade?  Why did he join commuters on the floor if he had a seat?  The whole thing is so obviously a stunt, only a complete idiot could fail to spot it.  Of course I spotted it from the off... 8(>((

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #336 on: August 26, 2016, 02:40:09 PM »
whose money would he be spending if Virgin offered him a free upgrade?  Why did he join commuters on the floor if he had a seat?  The whole thing is so obviously a stunt, only a complete idiot could fail to spot it.  Of course I spotted it from the off... 8(>((

Perhaps he was asked why he didn't pay for an upgrade. Perhaps the first offer by the train staff was to pay for an upgrade? Without a complete record of events I don't know and neither do you. How do you know he had a seat before he sat on the floor? Even Virgin never said he found a seat then went and sat on the floor. They said he walked past empty seats, which is different. Seats can be empty of people but not vacant.

In my opinion only a complete idiot would think either side have been proved correct in this stupid argument. There isn't enough evidence to decide who's right. It's quite possible both are.

Result = happy posting.

Offline Carana

« Reply #337 on: August 26, 2016, 03:32:56 PM »
I don't understand enough of this to comment.

Was this a train which required or recommended prior reservation, or not? How many people was he travelling with?

Alfie

« Reply #338 on: August 26, 2016, 04:22:23 PM »
Perhaps he was asked why he didn't pay for an upgrade. Perhaps the first offer by the train staff was to pay for an upgrade? Without a complete record of events I don't know and neither do you. How do you know he had a seat before he sat on the floor? Even Virgin never said he found a seat then went and sat on the floor. They said he walked past empty seats, which is different. Seats can be empty of people but not vacant.

In my opinion only a complete idiot would think either side have been proved correct in this stupid argument. There isn't enough evidence to decide who's right. It's quite possible both are.
How is it possible that I can be right and this was a stunt (obviously it was, all the evidence points to it) and you can be right and it was a case of poor Jeremy unable to find a seat on a train, and by coincidence he happened to be filmed squatting in the corridor whilst having a pontificate about renationalizing the railways en route to canvassing for Labour members' votes, a film clip whch which somehow got passed to the media and wasn't in any way, shape or form a stunt?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #339 on: August 26, 2016, 07:09:09 PM »
How is it possible that I can be right and this was a stunt (obviously it was, all the evidence points to it) and you can be right and it was a case of poor Jeremy unable to find a seat on a train, and by coincidence he happened to be filmed squatting in the corridor whilst having a pontificate about renationalizing the railways en route to canvassing for Labour members' votes, a film clip whch which somehow got passed to the media and wasn't in any way, shape or form a stunt?

Whoa there! I never said you were right! I said both Corbyn and Virgin could have been right, not both you and I  @)(++(*

The film maker said the seats which seemed to be empty had bags and coats on them. Another passenger who sat on the floor had gone through the whole train and said there was luggage and passengers in every vestibule.

A Virgin Trains spokeswoman said the company would look into whether it could provide CCTV footage of vestibule areas to show whether or not other passengers were sitting in them.
http://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/uk/virgin-releases-footage-to-challenge-corbyn-s-ram-packed-train-claim-1.2765760
Result = happy posting.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #340 on: August 26, 2016, 08:54:07 PM »
Do we believe that actions on train journey made by the current party leader, misreported or not, will lead to the implosion of the party which he leads legitimately ?
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

stephen25000

« Reply #341 on: August 26, 2016, 09:11:44 PM »
Do we believe that actions on train journey made by the current party leader, misreported or not, will lead to the implosion of the party which he leads legitimately ?

No, but his uselessness as a leader will.

By legitimate, I presume you mean the sudden rush in paid membership last year, for a few quid and a vote.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #342 on: August 26, 2016, 10:39:12 PM »
No, but his uselessness as a leader will.

By legitimate, I presume you mean the sudden rush in paid membership last year, for a few quid and a vote.

Was it against the rules?
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Alfie

« Reply #343 on: August 27, 2016, 01:05:53 AM »
Whoa there! I never said you were right! I said both Corbyn and Virgin could have been right, not both you and I  @)(++(*

The film maker said the seats which seemed to be empty had bags and coats on them. Another passenger who sat on the floor had gone through the whole train and said there was luggage and passengers in every vestibule.

A Virgin Trains spokeswoman said the company would look into whether it could provide CCTV footage of vestibule areas to show whether or not other passengers were sitting in them.
http://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/uk/virgin-releases-footage-to-challenge-corbyn-s-ram-packed-train-claim-1.2765760
The fact that Corbyn allowed himself to be filmed, the fact that he used his allegedly seatless plight to make s political plight on the film  and for the film to be released to the media, the fact that he gave cockamamie excuses to the media when caught out "I wanted to sit with my wife but there weren't two seats together'  tells any clear thinking reasonable person everything they need to know.  The fact that Jeremy's disciples simply can't compute that their hero is just as capable of using spin and deceit as the next politician is their problem not mine.

Offline misty

« Reply #344 on: August 27, 2016, 01:22:59 AM »
The fact that Corbyn allowed himself to be filmed, the fact that he used his allegedly seatless plight to make s political plight on the film  and for the film to be released to the media, the fact that he gave cockamamie excuses to the media when caught out "I wanted to sit with my wife but there weren't two seats together'  tells any clear thinking reasonable person everything they need to know.  The fact that Jeremy's disciples simply can't compute that their hero is just as capable of using spin and deceit as the next politician is their problem not mine.

Presumably the Guardian cameraman also didn't have a seat?