Author Topic: List of things to check when I get to Praia da Luz  (Read 24775 times)

Offline Robittybob1

Re: List of things to check when I get to Praia da Luz
« Reply #60 on: February 09, 2018, 03:21:42 AM »
This could be a more recent pic. 
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #61 on: February 09, 2018, 03:23:51 AM »
Clement Freud's villa was/is on the hill where the McCanns went running, when they were in 4G.  It can be seen on Google StreetView.
Would you be able to give me the GPS coordinates please?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #62 on: February 09, 2018, 03:28:30 AM »
Nice restaurant, Chaplins.  When we were there in 2010 we had a tasty meal quite reasonably priced.  It was packed out, I think but am not sure mainly with ex pats ... and there was a warm buzz about the place
Is this how you remember it?  https://www.tripadvisor.co.nz/Restaurant_Review-g776012-d1797463-Reviews-Chaplins-Luz_Faro_District_Algarve.html#photos;geo=776012&detail=1797463&aggregationId=101
Moderation

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #63 on: February 09, 2018, 04:52:02 AM »
Would you be able to give me the GPS coordinates please?
I walked, and I don't have GPS.  So, no.
What's up, old man?

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #64 on: February 09, 2018, 06:04:17 AM »
I walked, and I don't have GPS.  So, no.
Did you see it on Google Earth street view?  Doesn't that give you the GPS coordinates?
Moderation

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #65 on: February 09, 2018, 06:38:35 AM »
Did you see it on Google Earth street view?  Doesn't that give you the GPS coordinates?
I WALKED.
What's up, old man?

Offline Robittybob1

Moderation

Offline Brietta

"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #68 on: February 09, 2018, 09:07:22 AM »
Here's the quote from the relevant link.
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=2705.msg250595#msg250595

So there were 2 stories - one from Mrs Fenn about a crying child,  who she didn't actually know was unsupervised at the time - and another about the group being in Chaplins, which was untrue but also promoted by "Vera of Essex" http://themaddiecasefiles.com/comments-by-vera-on-sky-t3563.html

I haven't read that any other local said the McCanns were in Chaplins on any night, let alone the Tuesday, so I wonder how these two entirely separate stories from unrelated people (one a short-term UK holidaymaker) somehow got merged into one?  Coincidentally, both events were said to have occurred on the only night that not a single one of the Tapas 9 was absent from the dinner table.

If I remember correctly, which I think I do, Vera of Essex purported to have been in Chaplins on the night in question and actually saw The McCanns.  And said what a shock we were all going to get when we found out what had gone on.

I wonder what happened to her.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #69 on: February 09, 2018, 10:30:43 AM »
Here's the quote from the relevant link.
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=2705.msg250595#msg250595

So there were 2 stories - one from Mrs Fenn about a crying child,  who she didn't actually know was unsupervised at the time - and another about the group being in Chaplins, which was untrue but also promoted by "Vera of Essex" http://themaddiecasefiles.com/comments-by-vera-on-sky-t3563.html

I haven't read that any other local said the McCanns were in Chaplins on any night, let alone the Tuesday, so I wonder how these two entirely separate stories from unrelated people (one a short-term UK holidaymaker) somehow got merged into one?  Coincidentally, both events were said to have occurred on the only night that not a single one of the Tapas 9 was absent from the dinner table.

The story probably grew in the same way as we are lead to believe the one about the jemmied shutters did, well according to supporters.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #70 on: February 09, 2018, 10:33:16 AM »
Was that about the McCanns' childcare arrangements, or was there more to it?

*&(+(+

Funnily it wasn’t. It was more to do with the way the McCanns had conducted themselves.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #71 on: February 09, 2018, 10:36:02 AM »
If I remember correctly, which I think I do, Vera of Essex purported to have been in Chaplins on the night in question and actually saw The McCanns.  And said what a shock we were all going to get when we found out what had gone on.

I wonder what happened to her.
How many sightings of Madeleine have there been?  Was it 1800?  on some days she was seen in 3 different continents.  How could anyone say for sure they saw the McCanns?  I suppose if they knew them personally I might believe it.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 11:05:24 AM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #72 on: February 09, 2018, 10:38:46 AM »
How many sightings of Madeleine have there been?  Was it 1800?  on some days she was since in 3 different continents.  How could anyone say for sure they saw the McCanns?  I suppose if they knew them personally I might believe it.
Excellent, post Rob
We have one, sighting of Gerry that sceptics, want to accept as Gospel and 1800 sightings of Madddie, that they want to ignore... Can anyone spot the poor logic

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #73 on: February 09, 2018, 11:09:19 AM »
Excellent, post Rob
We have one, sighting of Gerry that sceptics, want to accept as Gospel and 1800 sightings of Madddie, that they want to ignore... Can anyone spot the poor logic
Well if Gerry and the lads went to Chaplins and let the girls do the child minding, then there would not be a problem with that.  Did they see all 9 of them there?
Moderation

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #74 on: February 09, 2018, 11:13:45 AM »
Well if Gerry and the lads went to Chaplins and let the girls do the child minding, then there would not be a problem with that.  Did they see all 9 of them there?

It simply prices how unreliable sightings.... Including the Smith sighting... can be