Author Topic: Inspector Clouseau takes on the Bamber case.  (Read 57905 times)

Offline Caroline

Re: Inspector Clouseau takes on the Bamber case.
« Reply #705 on: July 15, 2020, 02:11:30 AM »
Well, it will present evidence to finally allow everyone to say whether Sheila could have fired the last shot or not.

I'm also contemplating experimenting as to whether an Anschutz 525 will self-fire if dropped on the butt end.
(I'd really have to think about how that could be done safely.  Blanks maybe?)

Certainly, if June tried to wrestle the gun off Sheila I could see the result of an accidental shooting happening.

Fighting over a loaded gun would be inherently dangerous.  It makes me really think about June's love for Sheila that she could have stepped into danger and tried to prevent Sheila from committing suicide.  Has this idea been raised before?

If I ever do regain enough mental strength to look at the whole case again, that is what I'll need to do. 

Obviously reading Carol Lee's book on the case is essential too.

No it won't. all you will show is the results of YOUR experiment with a rifle that you used. It wouldn't be relevant to what happened at WHF. You are setting your own variables, you don't know what variables were significant on the night of the murders. That's why these silly experiments are useless.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #706 on: July 15, 2020, 03:39:13 AM »
No it won't. all you will show is the results of YOUR experiment with a rifle that you used. It wouldn't be relevant to what happened at WHF. You are setting your own variables, you don't know what variables were significant on the night of the murders. That's why these silly experiments are useless.
If I got variable results I'd agree the experiment was useless, but if the shell is consistently on the lap and not near the head, then we can take it the shot wasn't fired from a gun resting on Sheila's body.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2020, 03:45:33 AM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #707 on: July 15, 2020, 07:37:59 PM »
If I got variable results I'd agree the experiment was useless, but if the shell is consistently on the lap and not near the head, then we can take it the shot wasn't fired from a gun resting on Sheila's body.

No, you don't understand, no matter where the shell falls consistently, you can only prove that with YOUR rifle, that is the case, not with the Bamber rifle.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #708 on: July 15, 2020, 08:44:38 PM »
No, you don't understand, no matter where the shell falls consistently, you can only prove that with YOUR rifle, that is the case, not with the Bamber rifle.
It was a rifle with a make and model so each gun within that cohort will not perform independently IMO.
One would normally expect Anschutz 525 .22 rifles to perform consistently.   That is the whole reason for buying a make and model - you'd expect consistency.

Why would one rifle of that type become different?   What is your reasoning?

Where would the Bamber rifle be at this stage of the investigation?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2020, 09:00:48 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #709 on: July 15, 2020, 09:06:20 PM »
It was a rifle with a make and model so each gun within that cohort will not perform independently IMO.
One would normally expect Anschutz 525 .22 rifles to perform consistently.   That is the whole reason for buying a make and model - you'd expect consistency.

Why would one rifle of that type become different?   What is your reasoning?

Where would the Bamber rifle be at this stage of the investigation?

Because it's not the SAME rifle. In order to carry out an experiment, you would have to the the exact rifle, not one like it. For starters, the rifle used in the Bamber murders was damaged but there are many other variables that you need to take into account when you do an experiment.  What do you mean 'at this stage of the investigation? There is no investigation.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #710 on: July 15, 2020, 09:12:33 PM »
Where is the gun?   Is it being held by the Justice Dept?  (Or whatever it is called now?)
Moderation

Offline Caroline

« Reply #711 on: July 15, 2020, 09:16:56 PM »
Where is the gun?   Is it being held by the Justice Dept?  (Or whatever it is called now?)

It's the police Black museum and no, they won't let you use it.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #712 on: July 16, 2020, 01:27:01 AM »
It's the police Black museum and no, they won't let you use it.
Well, I'll get you to ask then!
Moderation

Offline Caroline

« Reply #713 on: July 16, 2020, 01:42:58 PM »
Well, I'll get you to ask then!

Yeah sure (what planet is he on?  *%87)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2020, 09:19:45 PM by Robittybob1 »

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #714 on: July 16, 2020, 09:25:40 PM »
Yeah sure (what planet is he on?  *%87)
Let's translate that.  "Oui bien sûr (sur quelle planète est-il?)".   I wonder if that is what a French gentleman would say. 

Vous êtes les bienvenus à votre vue.  [You're welcome to your view.]
Moderation

Offline Caroline

« Reply #715 on: July 17, 2020, 07:55:33 PM »
Let's translate that.  "Oui bien sûr (sur quelle planète est-il?)".   I wonder if that is what a French gentleman would say. 

Vous êtes les bienvenus à votre vue.  [You're welcome to your view.]

Je ne pense pas que ce soit juste mon avis  8((()*/

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #716 on: July 18, 2020, 06:11:38 AM »
"Je ne pense pas que ce soit juste mon avis 
I don't think that's fair my opinion".

You don't think it fair!   Well I'll tell you what's not fair.  It is not fair being unable to get an Anschutz 525 to run my experiments because I don't have a gun permit. 
Moderation

Offline Caroline

« Reply #717 on: July 18, 2020, 12:24:13 PM »
"Je ne pense pas que ce soit juste mon avis 
I don't think that's fair my opinion".

You don't think it fair!   Well I'll tell you what's not fair.  It is not fair being unable to get an Anschutz 525 to run my experiments because I don't have a gun permit.

I  wouldn't worry, they are of no value.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #718 on: July 18, 2020, 09:34:41 PM »
I  wouldn't worry, they are of no value.
I'll have to apply for a gun licence myself.

[I'm trying to remember what gems were in the last three posts.

One was a conversation with my brother in law, about the recoil and the likelihood of a gun firing accidentally if dropped.

One was about the police calling for assistance once two bodies found on entering the farmhouse.

I tried to link a saved photo but it says it can't handle it.

Suggestions from Myster "Your links to broken images from the blue forum which people who aren't members there can't see, probably.  If you're going to post photos, upload them to an image hosting site first, then download and insert them within your post afterwards.  Or, add saved photos from your own computer as attachments, so long as they're not too large." ]
« Last Edit: July 25, 2020, 11:59:26 AM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #719 on: July 25, 2020, 11:41:46 AM »
picture of Julie Mugford's statement.  mug1 001.jpg_thumb.
You cannot upload that type of file. The only allowed extensions are doc, gif, jpg, mpg, pdf, png, txt, zip.
Moderation