Author Topic: Has disgraced former cop Gonçalo Amaral appealed his conviction?  (Read 40593 times)

Offline John

Has disgraced former cop Gonçalo Amaral appealed his conviction?

Does anyone have any up to date information on this as a search on the internet seems to throw up all sorts of nonsense?

« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 02:21:07 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

C.Edwards

Re: Has disgraced former cop Gonçalo Amaral appealed his conviction?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2013, 12:21:52 AM »
Why "disgraced" John?

debunker

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2013, 12:24:17 AM »
Why "disgraced" John?

COnvicted and serving a suspended prison sentence.

icabodcrane

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2013, 12:29:58 AM »

Does anyone have any up to date information on this as a search on the internet  seems to throw up all sorts of nonsense?

oh dear John   8(8-))

... that kind of provocative language from a moderator is awfully disheartening

C.Edwards

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2013, 12:33:24 AM »
Why "disgraced" John?

...on the words of the woman who just got jailed for lying about the whole incident, yeah?  That's going to sit well on the appeal.

Offline gilet

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2013, 12:37:26 AM »
Why "disgraced" John?

He also disgraced himself by getting himself thrown off the McCann case for telling journalists things he should not have been telling them. I understand that is actually a crime in Portugal. I think he is lucky not to have been charged over that as well. He tells us all the details of the situation and the way in which the phone call led to his dismissal in his own book.

He also disgraced the PJ by his actions of course.

It was pretty shocking that the Co-ordinator of the case got dismissed don't you think? And even more shocking when we heard reports from Rebelo that the case was in a shambles when he took over.

C.Edwards

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2013, 12:42:34 AM »
Why "disgraced" John?

He also disgraced himself by getting himself thrown off the McCann case for telling journalists things he should not have been telling them. I understand that is actually a crime in Portugal. I think he is lucky not to have been charged over that as well. He tells us all the details of the situation and the way in which the phone call led to his dismissal in his own book.

It was pretty shocking that the Co-ordinator of the case got dismissed don't you think? And even more shocking when we heard reports from Rebelo that the case was in a shambles when he took over.

Good grief. Come on debunker... you're quick enough to jump in when an anti posts up uncorroborated claptrap and yet you let this kind of nonsense pass without comment?  Then you have the temerity to say you're not a pro?  Give me a break.

Offline puglove

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2013, 12:46:42 AM »

Does anyone have any up to date information on this as a search on the internet  seems to throw up all sorts of nonsense?

oh dear John   8(8-))

... that kind of provocative language from a moderator is awfully disheartening

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ms5RQefyJLs

Sorry. Nice song.
Jeremy Bamber kicked Mike Tesko in the fanny.

Offline Luz

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2013, 12:49:01 AM »

That's more than bad taste, it's utterly offensive.

Dr. Gonçalo Amaral is not disgraced and if he is not a member of the PJ anymore that's because he chose to: he was taken of from the Madeleine case but he returned to one of his prior positions as a leader on Drug and Terrorism, in fact just prior from his dismissal he was responsible for one of the biggest drug arrests .

In order to write a book to say all he wanted to say he had to resign from his post. I don't believe many people would do that.

It was him that left what he loved most in his life, his profession, in order to speak out.

Offline Luz

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2013, 12:52:50 AM »
Gonçalo Amaral didn't have to appeal anything. As short as the "disgraced" (poor miserable woman even explored by the Mccannites, like the debunkernnites and other ites around here) Leonor was convicted every official of the PJ was immediately exhonerated.

Offline John

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2013, 12:53:50 AM »

That's more than bad taste, it's utterly offensive.

Dr. Gonçalo Amaral is not disgraced and if he is not a member of the PJ anymore that's because he chose to: he was taken of from the Madeleine case but he returned to one of his prior positions as a leader on Drug and Terrorism, in fact just prior from his dismissal he was responsible for one of the biggest drug arrests .

In order to write a book to say all he wanted to say he had to resign from his post. I don't believe many people would do that.

It was him that left what he loved most in his life, his profession, in order to speak out.

A suspended sentence?   He's dam lucky he didn't see the inside of a Portuguese prison cell.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

debunker

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2013, 12:54:59 AM »
Why "disgraced" John?

Good grief. Come on debunker... you're quick enough to jump in when an anti posts up uncorroborated claptrap and yet you let this kind of nonsense pass without comment?  Then you have the temerity to say you're not a pro?  Give me a break.

WHy is it nonsense. He is a convicted criminal.

C.Edwards

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2013, 12:58:09 AM »
Why "disgraced" John?

WHy is it nonsense. He is a convicted criminal.

Yeah, that's the easy way out. Look at the actual statements posted. Or don't bother. It's pretty obvious where your supposedly unbiased loyalties lie!

debunker

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2013, 12:59:26 AM »
Why "disgraced" John?

...on the words of the woman who just got jailed for lying about the whole incident, yeah?  That's going to sit well on the appeal.

ANd a decision made by the Portuguese courts.

Offline puglove

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2013, 01:10:36 AM »

I am totally open-minded about this case. I'm angry with, and desperately sad for the McCanns in equal measure. I think they were bloody idiots, but they've paid too high a price for their stupidity.

But I am yet to read anything positive about Amaral.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 01:12:05 AM by John »
Jeremy Bamber kicked Mike Tesko in the fanny.