Author Topic: Could an intruder have opened the shutter and climbed in the window?  (Read 412798 times)

Offline DCI

• Why are some folks so sick in the head!!!
Re: Could an intruder have opened the shutter and climbed in the window?
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2013, 04:02:26 PM »
Why would there be right hand prints? There wasn't a window to the right, if it had been opened to the left. Thats the side it slides to. She would look to the right, with her eyes, not her hands!
The fingerprint forensics were less than useless, and those taking them were incompitent.

I'm sure I read somewhere that they had to redo the Tapas 9 prints, as the first were smudged.
Kate's 500 Mile Cycle Challenge

https://www.justgiving.com/KateMcCann/

Redblossom

« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2013, 04:09:39 PM »
Why would there be right hand prints? There wasn't a window to the right, if it had been opened to the left. Thats the side it slides to. She would look to the right, with her eyes, not her hands!
The fingerprint forensics were less than useless, and those taking them were incompitent.

I'm sure I read somewhere that they had to redo the Tapas 9 prints, as the first were smudged.

If you are referring to my post, I was merely suggesting when someone looks out of a window they probably use both hands, if there was no pane to the side, they might rest their hand  on the frame or the sill, at least this is what was shown in GAs documentary, but you are right, you can look but not touch or just just touch witht one hand and look!

Any idea why Gerrys prints were not on the window after he closed it?

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2013, 04:13:56 PM »
If you are referring to my post, I was merely suggesting when someone looks out of a window they probably use both hands, if there was no pane to the side, they might rest their hand  on the frame or the sill, at least this is what was shown in GAs documentary, but you are right, you can look but not touch or just just touch witht one hand and look!

They were Red but with most of these prints they were indecipherable.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Mrs. B

« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2013, 04:16:03 PM »
Were there any prints on the actual handle/lock mechanism? I've seen loads about the actual glass & shutter but nothing on the handle (or I've missed it). That'd be the normal way to open/shut a window.

Redblossom

« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2013, 04:17:58 PM »
They were Red but with most of these prints they were indecipherable.

Angelo, there were no other prints on the kids bedroom window pane apart from Kate Mccanns. The indecipherable ones were the ones on the metal shutters outside, but must have been Gerry Mccanns and Diane Websters, the two people who said they handled the shutters to ascertain if they could be opened from the outside.

Outside of the external blinds to the children's bedroom: three inadequate prints were recovered. 
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 04:22:39 PM by Redblossom »

Redblossom

« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2013, 04:18:22 PM »
Were there any prints on the actual handle/lock mechanism? I've seen loads about the actual glass & shutter but nothing on the handle (or I've missed it). That'd be the normal way to open/shut a window.

No

Offline DCI

• Why are some folks so sick in the head!!!
« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2013, 04:24:20 PM »

The fingerprinters, should have retrieved them. Who's were the two prints that had no match to anyone?
Kate's 500 Mile Cycle Challenge

https://www.justgiving.com/KateMcCann/

Redblossom

« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2013, 04:29:31 PM »
The fingerprinters, should have retrieved them. Who's were the two prints that had no match to anyone?

There were no unmatched prints on the kids bedroom window. There were no prints at all apart from Kates.

Offline Mrs. B

« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2013, 04:30:19 PM »
Was the handle locking mechanism even checked?

Redblossom

« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2013, 04:31:11 PM »
Was the handle locking mechanism even checked?

Are you suggesting they dusted the panes but not the rest of the window?

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2013, 04:32:37 PM »
Maybe you don't understand the meaning of the word indecipherable Red?? 

The PJ scene of crimes woman would not have noted blotched prints or partial smears as they were meaningless.  Just like the DNA which was never sampled and the dog alerts which were never made there would have been many other prints all over the window but so badly disintegrated so as to be worthless to any investigation.  Let common sense prevail!!
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Mrs. B

« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2013, 04:33:47 PM »
Are you suggesting they dusted the panes but not the rest of the window?

No, I'm ASKING A QUESTION...

ETA Never mind, I already have the answer

At apartment 5A, Ocean Club: Inside glass of the window in the children's bedroom. Five prints were recovered; three of the middle finger of the left hand and two of the index finger of the left hand of the mother of the missing child.
Only the inside of the glass was examined at this time due the fact that it was night and the location was sealed until there was sufficient light to allow the examination of the residence to be completed.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/FINGERPRINTS.htm

« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 04:43:34 PM by Mrs. B »

Redblossom

« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2013, 04:37:50 PM »
Maybe you don't understand the meaning of the word indecipherable Red?? 

The PJ scene of crimes woman would not have noted blotched prints or partial smears as they were meaningless.

But she did. IE the incomplete prints on the shutter which couldnt be identified. Not following you.

Redblossom

« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2013, 04:40:29 PM »
No, I'm ASKING A QUESTION...

But what kind of question is it? if the police dust an area they dust it all, they dont decide to dust one bit and not another

This photo shows the framing being dusted which will have included the window knob

Offline Mrs. B

« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2013, 04:47:49 PM »

At apartment 5A, Ocean Club:

- Side of the patio door: One adequate print recovered but not matched to known persons.

- Outside of one patio door: Eight inadequate prints were recovered.- Outside of [the other] patio door: One inadequate print was recovered.- Outside of the external blinds to the children's bedroom: three inadequate prints were recovered.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/FINGERPRINTS.htm

So what happened with; outside of the window,  inside of the shutters & the doorknobs? Not a word mentioned about anyone having examined those...