Author Topic: Amaral and the dogs  (Read 835650 times)

Offline Alice Purjorick

Re: Amaral and the dogs
« Reply #330 on: May 19, 2015, 09:48:03 AM »
Car door seals are not 100% air & water tight.

We have done this before but it does not seem to sink in  8(0(*
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #331 on: May 19, 2015, 10:13:18 AM »
Hang on a minute.  You are now talking as tho' drain holes thru doors are a fact.

If there were drain holes thru the doors, why would they bother to fit seals around the doors?

It just doesn't make sense.   
Where air, scent, water can escape so can air. scent and water enter.  It is a two way thing and via the lower part of the door would cause wind and draughts and wetness and out side smells to penetrate.

In an earlier post by, I think Pfinder, she quoted some car information that stated that air came in via the front and exited via exhausters at the rear.

Now that makes sense. 
Air from under the bonnet is dry, capable of being warmed and also capable of being dissipated over a wide area within the car thus avoiding draughts .

Without any proof or even likelyhood, can we please STOP the SPECULATION about drain holes in the door.    

No point in having seals if there are holes letting air and water out and in

Guess what?

Car doors have drainage holes in them.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 10:20:21 AM by Eleanor »
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline sadie

« Reply #332 on: May 19, 2015, 01:14:04 PM »

Guess what?

Car doors have drainage holes in them.
I bet you they dont link with the inside of the car.  Too draughty

Maybe drainage holes for when the car runs thru a storm and water gets between the window glass and door carcase?  They cant have that void filling up and slopping around.  Must be a further skin of waterproof membrane inside the door.

Think about it Spammy.  Holes from the outside to the interior, alongside the passengers ... and constant draughts etc ?   

Nah

Shoot the designer if they designed that ! 

Only joking about the shooting bit, but possibly a sackable offense?

Actually, it wouldn't get beyond the prototype stage.

stephen25000

« Reply #333 on: May 19, 2015, 01:25:04 PM »
I bet you they dont link with the inside of the car.  Too draughty

Maybe drainage holes for when the car runs thru a storm and water gets between the window glass and door carcase?  They cant have that void filling up and slopping around.  Must be a further skin of waterproof membrane inside the door.

Think about it Spammy.  Holes from the outside to the interior, alongside the passengers ... and constant draughts etc ?   

Nah

Shoot the designer if they designed that ! 

Only joking about the shooting bit, but possibly a sackable offense?

Actually, it wouldn't get beyond the prototype stage.

Sadie, have much Physics and Chemistry have you studied ?

Offline pegasus

« Reply #334 on: May 19, 2015, 02:04:41 PM »
Rain can leak past external window seal to inside of door.
Air can leak past internal window seal to inside of door.
Inside of door has drainholes to outside.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #335 on: May 19, 2015, 02:24:29 PM »
Rain can leak past external window seal to inside of door.
Air can leak past internal window seal to inside of door.
Inside of door has drainholes to outside.

If there are so many holes in vehicle doors (sounds as if they could substitute for colanders) all interior smells would be leaking through all five doors ... why did Eddie alert only to one?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #336 on: May 19, 2015, 03:14:35 PM »
If there are so many holes in vehicle doors (sounds as if they could substitute for colanders) all interior smells would be leaking through all five doors ... why did Eddie alert only to one?

Have a browse through here to see what a car door looks like before the pretty bits are fitted.
https://www.google.co.uk/#q=car+door+images
Not necessarily; study a bit of fluid dynamics or even basic meteorology and you will be able to answer your own question.

For details of drainage holes in car doors click on link:
https://www.google.co.uk/#q=drain+holes+in+car+doors
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline pegasus

« Reply #337 on: May 19, 2015, 03:42:19 PM »
hatch door mk1

Offline Brietta

« Reply #338 on: May 19, 2015, 03:44:24 PM »
Have a browse through here to see what a car door looks like before the pretty bits are fitted.
https://www.google.co.uk/#q=car+door+images
Not necessarily; study a bit of fluid dynamics or even basic meteorology and you will be able to answer your own question.

For details of drainage holes in car doors click on link:
https://www.google.co.uk/#q=drain+holes+in+car+doors

8)--))     Absolutely riveting ...

Now where is the bit that tells us why Eddie wasn't going into paroxysms outside each door ... surely the inside of the car must have been spewing out ~ the scent of death ~ to a band playing?

"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline pegasus

« Reply #339 on: May 19, 2015, 04:16:24 PM »
Holes on underside not visible from this camera angle of driver door but black line is where I would put one of them on the underside IMO, might be wrong.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 04:33:55 PM by pegasus »

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #340 on: May 19, 2015, 04:22:49 PM »
                                                  8)--))     Absolutely riveting ...

Now where is the bit that tells us why Eddie wasn't going into paroxysms outside each door ... surely the inside of the car must have been spewing out ~ the scent of death ~ to a band playing?

I have given you leads to the wherewithal to work it out for yourself so instead of sneering why don't you do just that?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #341 on: May 19, 2015, 04:35:27 PM »
Holes on underside not visible from this camera angle of driver door but black line is where where I would put one of them on the underside IMO, might be wrong.

As always you pull out all the stops to solve a problem and looking at that illustration ... I think it remains clear that the seal insulates the inside compartment from the outside via an airtight seal on the door. The hole is not designed to evacuate into the vehicle ... I'm with Sadie when she says that = poor design.

By the way ... anyone ever driven a vehicle where the seal on the sun roof has failed?

I don't know why Eddie alerted outside the door, but I have never thought it was to anything inside the vehicle; there is no record of Keela replicating finding cellular material from the same position as Eddie.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #342 on: May 19, 2015, 04:37:30 PM »
I have given you leads to the wherewithal to work it out for yourself so instead of sneering why don't you do just that?

Thank you ... I have watched Levy's video with interest ... and do not feel the need to 'work anything out'.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #343 on: May 19, 2015, 04:44:07 PM »
Thank you ... I have watched Levy's video with interest ... and do not feel the need to 'work anything out'.

What has Levy to do with basic physics?
I presume from the last comment you haven't a clue where to start rather than "I do not feel the need to.....".
Say no more.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #344 on: May 19, 2015, 04:45:13 PM »
As always you pull out all the stops to solve a problem and looking at that illustration ... I think it remains clear that the seal insulates the inside compartment from the outside via an airtight seal on the door. The hole is not designed to evacuate into the vehicle ... I'm with Sadie when she says that = poor design.

By the way ... anyone ever driven a vehicle where the seal on the sun roof has failed?

I don't know why Eddie alerted outside the door, but I have never thought it was to anything inside the vehicle; there is no record of Keela replicating finding cellular material from the same position as Eddie.
The door drain holes are exterior to the door seals. Good engineering design. So the water can drain out.

ETA, Air can easily go from the seating compartment to the inside of the door.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 05:33:21 PM by pegasus »