Author Topic: Amaral and the dogs  (Read 839670 times)

Offline Brietta

Re: Amaral and the dogs
« Reply #345 on: May 19, 2015, 05:31:42 PM »
The drain holes are exterior to the door seal. Good engineering design. So the water can drain out.

Exactly ... and the door seal remains watertight and therefore airtight.

During a search conducted with the VRD Morse in America ... there was no alert until Martin Grime requested an opening was cut in an airtight wrapping to allow the scent to escape.

**snip

Grime said there was no response during the first search, when the car seat was sealed inside the brown paper.   He then asked officers to put a slit in the paper and move the car seat to another room.

"The second time, when the dog got close to the package, he put his nose in the package and gave a positive response," Grime said.
http://www.mccannfiles.com/id421.html
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #346 on: May 19, 2015, 05:37:55 PM »
What has Levy to do with basic physics?
I presume from the last comment you haven't a clue where to start rather than "I do not feel the need to.....".
Say no more.

Hmmm ... wasn't aware having an opinion on the work of VRD requires a knowledge of basic physics ... pity the 'experts' in that field can't be bothered to share expertise or maybe they are not as expert as they may pretend to be either in that or any other discipline.
                                                                8(>((
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Online Wonderfulspam

« Reply #347 on: May 19, 2015, 05:39:48 PM »

During a search conducted with the VRD Morse in America ... there was no alert until Martin Grime requested an opening was cut in an airtight wrapping to allow the scent to escape.

**snip

Grime said there was no response during the first search, when the car seat was sealed inside the brown paper.   He then asked officers to put a slit in the paper and move the car seat to another room.

"The second time, when the dog got close to the package, he put his nose in the package and gave a positive response," Grime said.

Door seals water tight?

I imagine If she had kept the doors closed, it wouldn't have flooded.

Stupid woman.

I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #348 on: May 19, 2015, 05:40:40 PM »

**snip

The drainholes (and the other openings like the passenger compartment ventilation intake and outlets) are the equivalent of the cut opening in the brown paper in the other case.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #349 on: May 19, 2015, 05:42:15 PM »
Door seals water tight?

I imagine If she had kept the doors closed, it wouldn't have flooded.

Stupid woman.

Actually, had she kept the door closed she would have been unable to open it.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #350 on: May 19, 2015, 05:51:48 PM »
The drainholes (and the other openings like the passenger compartment ventilation intake and outlets) are the equivalent of the cut opening in the brown paper in the other case.

I don't think they are, pegasus.  The door seal does just that ... it seals the water out nor is it a ventilation source. 

As far as the ventilation intake and outlets are concerned ... the ones in my vehicle operate to best advantage when I control them from the dashboard.  So although the vehicle is not designed to be hermetically sealed ... it is not designed to allow either water or air ingress through the doors although it is designed to allow the air to be conditioned and circulated without the requirement to open the windows.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #351 on: May 19, 2015, 06:05:04 PM »

Hmmm ... wasn't aware having an opinion on the work of VRD requires a knowledge of basic physics ... pity the 'experts' in that field can't be bothered to share expertise or maybe they are not as expert as they may pretend to be either in that or any other discipline.
                                                                8(>((

The discussion was how scent (airborne) can get from the inside of a car to out.
Draw a section through the car door in position in the frame and sill then see if there is a path for air inside to out or vice versa?
You really do have a poor grasp of this aspect don't you?
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #352 on: May 19, 2015, 06:22:54 PM »
Can anyone explain how this could have happened (the nearly suffocating bit, not the stupidity bit)?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2879124/New-Zealand-Couple-Close-Death-Didn-t-Know-Locked-Car.html

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #353 on: May 19, 2015, 06:24:27 PM »

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #354 on: May 19, 2015, 07:29:48 PM »
Flow rates and temperature first place to look.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #355 on: May 19, 2015, 07:34:08 PM »
Furthermore, can anyone venture a reason why Grime would make it more difficult for his dog to sniff out cadaver scent by having the doors of all the cars closed?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #356 on: May 19, 2015, 07:41:09 PM »
The discussion was how scent (airborne) can get from the inside of a car to out.
Draw a section through the car door in position in the frame and sill then see if there is a path for air inside to out or vice versa?
You really do have a poor grasp of this aspect don't you?

Precisely.  If the vehicle doors are as porous as you believe ... why on earth was the VRD not alerting to them all ... and why did Keela not react to the same stimulus as Eddie when in locus?

I think that makes it about the third time I have posted that ... your responses don't come close to answering ... then when do they ever?

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #357 on: May 19, 2015, 07:42:08 PM »
Unless someone can lay hands on a 2006/2007 Scenic, this one is likely to run for ever.

I have checked my VW carefully.  There are no drain holes in the door itself.  However, the door seal itself has holes in it, and these are either at the very bottom, or are placed on the outside of the seal.  Assuming water can drain into the seal from the door, that would make such water drain to the outside of the car, but only when the door is open.  When the door is closed, the seals squidge tight with nada going in/out.

I'm still sticking with the idea that it was opening the driver door that resulted in the scent around the seal.

I'll be happy to revise that if someone can show that a 2006/2007 Scenic has seals that leak even if the door is closed.
What's up, old man?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #358 on: May 19, 2015, 07:49:51 PM »
Furthermore, can anyone venture a reason why Grime would make it more difficult for his dog to sniff out cadaver scent by having the doors of all the cars closed?

Does it pass muster as a promotional video ... VRD scents death through a car door??

Otherwise I cannot think of a single valid reason why the dog was not deployed within the vehicle.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #359 on: May 19, 2015, 08:19:06 PM »
How long does it take a car to sink? Write down your answer then watch this https://youtu.be/UZuZgSQZJ9g?t=5m50s and throw your answer in the bin. Anyone still claiming car passenger compartments are sealed?