Author Topic: Netflix to air new documentary about the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.  (Read 76300 times)

Offline Brietta

Re: Netflix to air new documentary about the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.
« Reply #330 on: October 21, 2017, 11:08:26 AM »
Initially I thought that the notion that Netflix were considering making eight documentary programmes on Madeleine's case was being a tad overambitious and came round to the conclusion that the programme on Madeleine would be one of eight different subjects.

Now I'm not too sure about that;  having read members' responses I think it possible that if Netflix researchers play their cards right, there is probably enough lucrative material out there to keep it worth their while to make a series of documentaries in rolling fashion per annum for the foreseeable future.

Everything has a beginning.
To audiences used to seeing the slick portrayal of fictional CSI ... the reality of the botched collection of what might have been trace evidence taken from Madeleine's apartment might be one of the factors to catch their immediate attention.
While some officers may have performed their duties assiduously ... in my opinion the overall approach by police leaves a lot to be desired and if it had happened in Britain would have been worthy of a police inquiry.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline jassi

« Reply #331 on: October 21, 2017, 11:09:24 AM »
Ah yes, the biased tabloid press.

8((()*/

I've noticed, particularly with the tabloids but also others, that it is often an article from a single source that is picked up and repeated by the others.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Benice

« Reply #332 on: October 21, 2017, 11:12:01 AM »

8((()*/

How about this article from the respected editor of a respected Portuguese newspaper?   I think we can safely say this gentleman was not impressed by the original investigation.    I think we can also safely assume that many of his readers would have agreed with him.

Expresso

(Translated by Astro)

The 'judicial secrecy' and the press' 'lies'

Henrique Monteiro, chief editor
28 July 2008

Who lied in the Maddie case?   The answer lies in what is told by former inspector Gonçalo Amaral.    All the fantastic and never proved theories that a certain press has spread are in his book.   And they remain without any evidence to sustain them.

Gonçalo Amaral must be a man who is full of himself.   He was responsible for a calamitous investigation in the 'Maddie case', but according to the balance that he does, everyone is to blame except for him.

According to Gonçalo, the blame lies with the fact that the McCanns' apartment was not preserved, with the British police that did not fully cooperate, with the journalists that stood in the way, with Her Majesty's government that pressured, with the Portuguese government that let itself be pressured, with the prosecutors, with the PJ's directors, with the conspiracy of the powerful and – if he is allowed to continue unloading – it will hit the CIA, the Masonry, Opus Dei, the Trilateral, Bildberg and the Pope, the usual suspects of the conspiracy theories that circulate on the internet.

The same inspector must not be inhibited (not to mention being ashamed), because after the suspicions that befall him due to the conduction of the 'Joana case' (another missing girl, whose mother, who was condemned over her death, accuses the PJ of torturing her) and the disaster of the 'Maddie case', he pretends to be a national hero and the holder of the truth, against everything and against everyone, and he maintains an absurd theory that does not resist a minimally structured analysis.

Amaral probably didn't think about the fact that it does not become him to talk and to write in detail about a process which – despite having been widely abused – is still under judicial secrecy, either. Or that it does not become him to be a judge in his own cause.

But the most interesting about the former inspector's book is that we get to know where the famous 'lies' from the media that everyone talked about, came from.    Finally, we can verify that the most unbelievable theories came out of that illuminated brain.  And that certain newspapers, lacking a better option, published them without contradicting, without investigating, without logics and without evidence.

But Gonçalo continues to state his 'conviction' that Maddie died in the apartment.   He must have inherited from medieval justice, this notion of 'conviction' without evidence; or from Alice, by Carrol, the idea that first the criminal's head is cut off and then the trial is done; or from 'The Foreigner', by Camus, the fixation in the importance of the criminal's "facies" or the fact whether one does or does not cry in front of death.

The lawful state bases itself on evidence, beyond doubt.   The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.

Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.

END QUOTE

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

stephen25000

« Reply #333 on: October 21, 2017, 11:16:17 AM »
How about this article from the respected editor of a respected Portuguese newspaper?   I think we can safely say this gentleman was not impressed by the original investigation.    I think we can also safely assume that many of his readers would have agreed with him.

Expresso

(Translated by Astro)

The 'judicial secrecy' and the press' 'lies'

Henrique Monteiro, chief editor
28 July 2008

Who lied in the Maddie case?   The answer lies in what is told by former inspector Gonçalo Amaral.    All the fantastic and never proved theories that a certain press has spread are in his book.   And they remain without any evidence to sustain them.

Gonçalo Amaral must be a man who is full of himself.   He was responsible for a calamitous investigation in the 'Maddie case', but according to the balance that he does, everyone is to blame except for him.

According to Gonçalo, the blame lies with the fact that the McCanns' apartment was not preserved, with the British police that did not fully cooperate, with the journalists that stood in the way, with Her Majesty's government that pressured, with the Portuguese government that let itself be pressured, with the prosecutors, with the PJ's directors, with the conspiracy of the powerful and – if he is allowed to continue unloading – it will hit the CIA, the Masonry, Opus Dei, the Trilateral, Bildberg and the Pope, the usual suspects of the conspiracy theories that circulate on the internet.

The same inspector must not be inhibited (not to mention being ashamed), because after the suspicions that befall him due to the conduction of the 'Joana case' (another missing girl, whose mother, who was condemned over her death, accuses the PJ of torturing her) and the disaster of the 'Maddie case', he pretends to be a national hero and the holder of the truth, against everything and against everyone, and he maintains an absurd theory that does not resist a minimally structured analysis.

Amaral probably didn't think about the fact that it does not become him to talk and to write in detail about a process which – despite having been widely abused – is still under judicial secrecy, either. Or that it does not become him to be a judge in his own cause.

But the most interesting about the former inspector's book is that we get to know where the famous 'lies' from the media that everyone talked about, came from.    Finally, we can verify that the most unbelievable theories came out of that illuminated brain.  And that certain newspapers, lacking a better option, published them without contradicting, without investigating, without logics and without evidence.

But Gonçalo continues to state his 'conviction' that Maddie died in the apartment.   He must have inherited from medieval justice, this notion of 'conviction' without evidence; or from Alice, by Carrol, the idea that first the criminal's head is cut off and then the trial is done; or from 'The Foreigner', by Camus, the fixation in the importance of the criminal's "facies" or the fact whether one does or does not cry in front of death.

The lawful state bases itself on evidence, beyond doubt.   The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.

Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.

END QUOTE

What is his expertise in police investigations ?

How many people supported his views ?

Do you think the McCann's and their entourage are popular in Portugal ?

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #334 on: October 21, 2017, 11:20:00 AM »
It isnt just me ....it has been widely reported   ...I did give my reasons but they were removed
Seems it's ok for you to call a Portuguese judge an idiot but not ok for me to refer to the investigating officers as incompetent

Could that be because the investigating judge got it totally wrong according to libel law and the jury is still out on the original investigating officers?
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #335 on: October 21, 2017, 11:21:57 AM »
In several newspapers

We all know the press and media have an ulterior motive in everything they do.

CASH   CASH  CASH  CASH and more CASH   
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #336 on: October 21, 2017, 11:23:09 AM »

8((()*/
Any opinion you do not like you refer to as biased

stephen25000

« Reply #337 on: October 21, 2017, 11:26:19 AM »
Any opinion you do not like you refer to as biased

The UK Tabloid press is notoriously biased in this case.

....and we have close friends of the McCann's e.g. Ms. Kandohla writing articles in the press.

Do you think that is good journalism, OR IS IT 100% BIASED ? 8)--))

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #338 on: October 21, 2017, 11:29:20 AM »

....and we have close friends of the McCann's e.g. Ms. Kandohla writing articles in the press.

We all know there are a lot of arse-lick journalists and editors about who are milking the golden goose at every opportunity. 
Or should that be the cash cow??   £5%4%
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 11:31:32 AM by Angelo222 »

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline carlymichelle

« Reply #339 on: October 21, 2017, 11:30:06 AM »

i would  say its a  100%  biased the mcanns have many close friends in the media /online to support their properganda dont they??

stephen25000

« Reply #340 on: October 21, 2017, 11:30:48 AM »
We all know there are a lot of arse-lick journalists and editors about who are milking the golden goose at every opportunity.

Quite right Angelo.

They are major sycophants.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #341 on: October 21, 2017, 11:31:40 AM »
Could that be because the investigating judge got it totally wrong according to libel law and the jury is still out on the original investigating officers?

Don't know if there was a jury, but judges at his trial and subsequent appeal had no difficulty at all in ruling on the senior investigating officer.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #342 on: October 21, 2017, 11:32:53 AM »
i would  say its a  100%  biased the mcanns have many close friends in the media /online to support their properganda dont they??

Watch them head for the hills once the tasty revelations come out.

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #343 on: October 21, 2017, 11:34:27 AM »
Don't know if there was a jury, but judges at his trial and subsequent appeal had no difficulty at all in ruling on the senior investigating officer.

And several others but then we all know who was paying Correia don't we?

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Brietta

« Reply #344 on: October 21, 2017, 11:36:06 AM »
Reminder to members: Topic = Netflix  Thank you