Author Topic: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)  (Read 395323 times)

Offline John

Re: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)
« Reply #4050 on: March 02, 2019, 09:38:17 AM »
No hope of finding out what happened any time soon then.

I totally agree, I think it's time SY answered some very long overdue questions in this case.  Even given for a moment there was an outstanding lead worth pursuing, it doesn't take a year to investigate such things. It all sounds very iffy to me given the history and the revelations by former senior officers.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 09:40:42 AM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #4051 on: March 02, 2019, 09:56:33 AM »
I totally agree, I think it's time SY answered some very long overdue questions in this case.  Even given for a moment there was an outstanding lead worth pursuing, it doesn't take a year to investigate such things. It all sounds very iffy to me given the history and the revelations by former senior officers.

Perhaps Operation Grange would be more forthcoming was there not also an active Portuguese investigation running in parallel and insisting on adherence to Portuguese secrecy laws.

Anyway ... I don't think it is good policing to signal your punches to criminals by keeping them updated on the details of an investigation ... particularly one which seems to be as huge as this one is.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4052 on: March 02, 2019, 10:00:06 AM »

colin sutton was told he would not want to head an investigation where he was told of what he could or could not look at...he ASSUMED this referred to the McCanns....it may well have referred to the fact that the investigation was portuguese led and therefore permission was needed from portugal to investigate any suspects....the idea that any evidence against the mccanns would be ordered to be ignored is bizarre imo..from what I can see there si simply no evidence against them as confirmed by P D Carmo...Funding is decided by the Home Office....i doubt they are in on this so called conspiracy too

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4053 on: March 02, 2019, 10:02:31 AM »
Perhaps Operation Grange would be more forthcoming was there not also an active Portuguese investigation running in parallel and insisting on adherence to Portuguese secrecy laws.

Anyway ... I don't think it is good policing to signal your punches to criminals by keeping them updated on the details of an investigation ... particularly one which seems to be as huge as this one is.

You are absolutely right...does John want SY to break portuguese law

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #4054 on: March 02, 2019, 11:58:59 AM »
You are absolutely right...does John want SY to break portuguese law

SY can say anything they like in the UK as Portuguese laws don't apply here. What the Portuguese authorities can do is refuse to cooperate with Operation Grange if they say things to the UK media which the Portuguese object to.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4055 on: March 02, 2019, 12:05:40 PM »
SY can say anything they like in the UK as Portuguese laws don't apply here. What the Portuguese authorities can do is refuse to cooperate with Operation Grange if they say things to the UK media which the Portuguese object to.
SY need to keep on the right side of the PJ.... Are you suggesting the mccanns were not subject to PJ secrecy laws... I doubt that is correct..

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #4056 on: March 02, 2019, 12:52:51 PM »

I think everyone is missing the point.  SY have nothing to report.. end off!!

They have singularly failed to investigate the McCann and others activities post disappearance.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4057 on: March 02, 2019, 12:56:35 PM »
I think everyone is missing the point.  SY have nothing to report.. end off!!

They have singularly failed to investigate the McCann and others activities post disappearance.

I think you hsve missed the point...the mccanns have been fully investigated and theres no evidence against them,,,

SY are on to somethiing but it doesnt involve the mccanns...imo

Offline barrier

« Reply #4058 on: March 02, 2019, 01:04:27 PM »
I think that is rather a snide remark.

If the police are asking for funding which will cover their work on Madeleine's case for another year it seems obvious that they consider that there is still work to be done on her behalf.

Or do you as a sceptic consider they should just pack up and leave it be ... since it is obvious they are not casting their net in your preferred direction?

If they were close to solving it do you think they'd announce they were looking for another years worth of funding. *%6^

Couldn't give a rats ass whether the pack up today or in 20 yrs time,I'll comment on a British tax funded investigation of a crime in a foreign country where they have no jurisdiction, as I see fit.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4059 on: March 02, 2019, 01:05:35 PM »
If they were close to solving it do you think they'd announce they were looking for another years worth of funding. *%6^

Couldn't give a rats ass whether the pack up today or in 20 yrs time,I'll comment on a British tax funded investigation of a crime in a foreign country where they have no jurisdiction, as I see fit.

and no comments here are of any importance

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #4060 on: March 02, 2019, 05:06:59 PM »
SY need to keep on the right side of the PJ.... Are you suggesting the mccanns were not subject to PJ secrecy laws... I doubt that is correct..

That's what I said; SY need to keep the PJ sweet, they aren't subject to Portuguese law here in Britain. I didn't mention the McCanns at all, you did.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4061 on: March 02, 2019, 05:26:29 PM »
That's what I said; SY need to keep the PJ sweet, they aren't subject to Portuguese law here in Britain. I didn't mention the McCanns at all, you did.

I'm questioning your claim... As I understand the mccanns, were subject to Portuguese law, whilst in the UK so why shouldn't SY be... Either way SY are severley limited in what they can say... Portuguese law dictates no press briefing... SY have to abide by that

Offline faithlilly

Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline barrier

« Reply #4063 on: March 04, 2019, 10:14:30 AM »
and no comments here are of any importance

How many of the 29,000 + posts did it take?
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #4064 on: March 04, 2019, 10:19:39 AM »
How many of the 29,000 + posts did it take?

How useful is this comment?