Author Topic: Luke Mitchell Theories  (Read 108201 times)

Offline John

Re: Luke Mitchell Theories
« Reply #375 on: March 18, 2021, 04:08:11 PM »
Does anyone know what the depth of the river was on the 30th June 2003?

Its just a stream basically, varies from a few inches to about a foot.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2021, 04:27:39 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #376 on: March 18, 2021, 04:11:14 PM »

Its just a stream basically, varies from a few inches to about a foot.

Yes that’s what I thought
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #377 on: March 18, 2021, 04:12:29 PM »
What was the name of the witness who saw Luke Mitchell walking past his house at around 10pm and what direction was the house to the woodland

Also did the witness mention seeing Mia with Luke or was he alone?

Corrine Mitchell made claim to James English Luke took Mia out for a walk not long after he came back home - if true - which I doubt - what was he doing out at 10pm?
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline John

« Reply #378 on: March 18, 2021, 04:28:25 PM »
What was the name of the witness who saw Luke Mitchell walking past his house at around 10pm and what direction was the house to the woodland

Also did the witness mention seeing Mia with Luke or was he alone?

Corrine Mitchell made claim to James English Luke took Mia out for a walk not long after he came back home - if true - which I doubt - what was he doing out at 10pm?

Map of possible rear route from path to Mitchell house.

Luke was apparently out messing with other lads in the woods around Newbattle Abbey College (shown top right corner of map below)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2021, 04:33:02 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Rusty

« Reply #379 on: March 18, 2021, 05:03:38 PM »
When I did a recce of the area some time back I wish I had filmed the entire route from the murder scene, across the road where the two women in a car saw Mitchell, over the gate, through the wood, across the river, through another wood and up into the housing estate a matter of 30 seconds from his house. I guarantee he could do the entire route in less than 10 minutes no problem.

I may do this at some point in the future. I stay in the North of Scotland, so that's a 3-hour drive to get there under the current covid circumstances, is not possible at the moment.

Here is a screenshot of the signpost on Newbattle Road that informs people that the path is there. If you travelled down Beeches turned right, the signpost is aprox 100 yards farther down the road on the left-hand side (redwoods house side). Roan Dyke path is only another 20 yards or so farther down on the right hand side. The gate(no longer there) where Luke was standing just a wee bit more down the road on the left hand side.

I don't think Luke took this entrance to the path, like has been mentioned, I think he leaped over the gate and into the woodland that way, then towards the river. I would even say, he did not need to use the path, staying in the woodland until he reached the river. I also suspect he knew this little woodland and river very well. It was right on his doorstep.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #380 on: March 18, 2021, 05:30:53 PM »
I may do this at some point in the future. I stay in the North of Scotland, so that's a 3-hour drive to get there under the current covid circumstances, is not possible at the moment.

Here is a screenshot of the signpost on Newbattle Road that informs people that the path is there. If you travelled down Beeches turned right, the signpost is aprox 100 yards farther down the road on the left-hand side (redwoods house side). Roan Dyke path is only another 20 yards or so farther down on the right hand side. The gate(no longer there) where Luke was standing just a wee bit more down the road on the left hand side.

I don't think Luke took this entrance to the path, like has been mentioned, I think he leaped over the gate and into the woodland that way, then towards the river. I would even say, he did not need to use the path, staying in the woodland until he reached the river. I also suspect he knew this little woodland and river very well. It was right on his doorstep.

You're spot on Rusty except for the gate. It is about 30 yards further down the road and not directly opposite the path entrance, photo below.

The existence of this gate was also denied by Sandra Lean at one stage.

It is alleged by the Mitchell camp that the boy seen standing at this gate was not Luke Mitchell but the late Mark Kane. Given that Kane stayed at the college it would be illogical for him to be seen at the gate as the halls of residence were in the opposite side of Roan's Dyke footpath on the other side of the golf course.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2021, 05:48:20 PM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #381 on: March 18, 2021, 06:31:51 PM »
You're spot on Rusty except for the gate. It is about 30 yards further down the road and not directly opposite the path entrance, photo below.

It is alleged by the Mitchell camp that the boy seen standing at this gate was not Luke Mitchell but the late Mark Kane. Given that Kane stayed at the college it would be illogical for him to be seen at the gate as the halls of residence were in the opposite side of Roan's Dyke footpath on the other side of the golf course.

I recall Sandra leans denial of the existence of this gate and recall seeing a photo of it

Offline WakeyWakey

« Reply #382 on: March 18, 2021, 07:02:31 PM »
I recall Sandra leans denial of the existence of this gate and recall seeing a photo of it

Here's its location and how it looked in 2009
https://www.google.com/maps/@55.8775995,-3.0690109,3a,75y,223.4h,81.11t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1sKj8xRiKoF90sUeArZXbEOg!2e0!5s20090301T000000!7i13312!8i6656

i dont recall myself but it was likely intact and upright in 2003

Offline Nicholas

« Last Edit: March 28, 2021, 10:45:27 AM by Nicholas »

Offline rulesapply

« Reply #384 on: April 04, 2021, 05:48:30 AM »
Hello. I haven't used this site before and I'm struggling a lot. Yes. I believe Mitchell was asked to attend a school psychologist but he refused help.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #385 on: April 04, 2021, 10:31:24 AM »

I’m not sure what to make of your last statement Angelo. Why would it be illogical? I’m sure he went all over the surrounding area and there is evidence that he was on the Newbattle road on the night of the murder.

What we do know is that the individual seen did not match the sighting of AB.

As to Sandra denying the existence of the gate, I’ve seen no proof of that. It appears like one of those claims that acquires traction simply by repeating it.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #386 on: April 06, 2021, 04:34:54 PM »
The Marilyn Manson calendar

I’m guessing the calendar was brought by Luke Mitchell’s “fathers new wife” for his birthday? 24th July

How long had Luke & Shane’s dad been remarried? Was he newly married or is this how Corrine Mitchell refers to her?

Could he have been given it early? Was he still visiting his dad and stepmother every weekend leading up to the murder or was Corrine Mitchell embellishing again in her podcast?

Could the reason it ended up in the bin have anything to do with the possibility he didn’t like her or get on with her? Or may have been influenced by his mum Corrine?

Surely Luke’s stepmother would have knowledge of Luke’s tastes etc?

Wouldn’t she have asked Luke’s dad for ideas of what to buy him, if she didn’t know?

What did their witness statements say about Luke’s personality?

Luke Mitchell turned 15 24 days after the murder.

Surely someone knows the answer to these questions?

In her podcast with James English Sandra Lean mentions how Luke threw the calendar in the bin.

So why did he throw it in the bin? Was that his way of showing contempt for his dads partner?

It makes no difference it was received after the murder, it’s relevant - and you don’t need to be a police officer to understand why.

What does Luke Mitchell’s step mother say in her police statement about the Manson calendar?

Did she buy it for him because she from Luke or his father he was a Manson fan?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2021, 04:48:23 PM by Nicholas »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #387 on: May 08, 2021, 11:10:50 PM »
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/shirleymckie/luke-mitchell-postings-now-archived-see-new-thread-t398-s130.html

Angeline.

Firstly, hardly surprising re timings if the search party took a detour past YW's house? Can skip  other phone calls between various parties? Forgot, there were no other phone calls? Who called the police? What I would be curious of here though, the omission of the statements stating who said the search party were at the top of the path a couple of minutes before 11? Luke? he had finished his phone call with Ms Jones at approx: 10.43, had conversation/debate with his mother about searching, went upstairs, borrowed torch from Shane, got the dog ready, searched the path on the way up, all in the space of 14-15 mins. Ms Mitchell in podcast highlighting how fit both he and the dog were, Ms Leans emphasis on searching. Perhaps Luke was already on the path, around the woods when the text came through. Seems much more feasible re timings.

Angeline aka Sandra Lean stated on the Shirley McKee website 

Feb 26, 2010#138
However, the statements claim that the call to the landline at 11.06pm was the one which got them out searching. Since they were all at the top of the path some 8 minutes before this call, it begs the question, who answered that call - according to the statements, there was no-one else in the house that night, and the call did not go to an answering machine or service.

Note how she uses the word ‘statements’ not phone logs 🙄

Offline TruthSeeker2003

« Reply #388 on: June 08, 2021, 05:32:44 AM »
Many thanks.

He was in the woods? Where abouts? I know a knife was discovered by a member of the public in 2010 on waste-ground 0.5 miles from the locus, but the police appeared unable to extract DNA from this.  The knife had the name Luke on it which, given his girlfriend was murdered by a knife, is highly suspicious

Morag Ritchie’s thoughts on the pathologist.

“If the pathologist couldn’t get over the wall, then when was Jodi’s body temp taken, or liver temps??? I cant understand how they ascertain time of death without this information.X”
“I am a Truthseeker, searching for truth” “Make of that what you will”

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #389 on: June 08, 2021, 10:57:12 AM »
Morag Ritchie’s thoughts on the pathologist.

“If the pathologist couldn’t get over the wall, then when was Jodi’s body temp taken, or liver temps??? I cant understand how they ascertain time of death without this information.X”

My thoughts exactly.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?