Author Topic: Channel Five documentary - "Murder in a Small Town"  (Read 50732 times)

Offline Mrs S

Re: Channel Five documentary - "Murder in a Small Town"
« Reply #270 on: March 03, 2021, 11:38:51 PM »
that isnt proof he set out to find her, just speculation imo he didnt even know the search party was going to be at the path?
  A tracker dog isn't just told to "find" it doesn't work like that. My dog indicates in what she's trained to track. Working or not.  A  liitle bit of insight to a working dog, they're always working whether told to or not.

Offline interested

« Reply #271 on: March 03, 2021, 11:41:50 PM »
If I recall they were going to meet him half way but that didn't happen.  They had only just got to the path at the Easthouses end when he met them.
sorry I take so long to type, see there is so much misinformation around it kind of stops some from forming a proper opinion on guilt or innocence. If he didnt know they would be there then ? but if he did know then ? raises the same question marks and there is no evidence being shown at this point to say either way.

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #272 on: March 03, 2021, 11:43:24 PM »
Welcome to the case. There is so much info out there but also a lot of misinformation, out right lies and confusion (from both sides). I started looking into the case when he launched his first appeal sure Luke was guilty but the more I found out the more convinced I was that it was possible he could be innocent. The circumstantial evidences is too much hear say and not enough hard proof for me. I know i don’t have all the info in the case but I just haven’t seen anything that puts it beyond a reasonable doubt. There is only a couple of things that would convince me one way or the other and these are very unlikely to happen so IMO a full review is needed.

A photo or proof Luke did own a parka jacket before the murder, other that someone saying so

Dna / forensics retested and more concrete evidence found

A confession

Luke’s brother to clarify his statement and confirm if he still supports the family or not

The Jones family knew he had a parka
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline interested

« Reply #273 on: March 03, 2021, 11:45:14 PM »
  A tracker dog isn't just told to "find" it doesn't work like that. My dog indicates in what she's trained to track. Working or not.  A  liitle bit of insight to a working dog, they're always working whether told to or not.

i would assume a drugs dog would indicate at what it is trained in at all times, im not talking about a trained drugs dog, what about dogs trained to pick up the scent of burglars, you cant tell me they would know every burglar they walk past? These kind of trained dogs know when theyre being put to work.

Offline interested

« Reply #274 on: March 03, 2021, 11:45:49 PM »
hearsay

Offline Rorschach

« Reply #275 on: March 03, 2021, 11:50:31 PM »

As did the girl he was cheating on Jodi with, Kimberley Thomson:

And he absolutely was 2 timing the pair of them despite what Sandra says. This is likely what they were arguing about on the day of the murder, because Luke had plans to spend time with Kimberley Thomson 60 miles away now that school was finished. Kimberley and Luke were texting "love you" to each other just days before the murder.

As did his former high school teacher, who had reason to remember it because he joked that Luke resembled a "hooded monk" walking around school with it on. This teacher retired that summer so could only have seen Luke wearing it before the murder.

As did Luke's friends.

All these independent people, deciding to lie for no apparent reason.  *%87

Offline interested

« Reply #276 on: March 03, 2021, 11:50:46 PM »
That's right, it was Jodi's family who wanted to go down the path because that is where Jodi stated she was going.
but the path had already been travelled by someone they trusted enough to go out with their daughter/sister/granddaughter on numerous occcasions and by all accounts it wasnt unusual for her to be out late at other times also and that was the reason for her being grounded?

Offline Rorschach

« Reply #277 on: March 03, 2021, 11:51:07 PM »
hearsay

They're satisfied in the knowledge that they remember him wearing it.

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #278 on: March 03, 2021, 11:54:56 PM »
hearsay

Some people use that claim over Simon Hall’s guilt
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline John

« Reply #279 on: March 03, 2021, 11:55:45 PM »
but the path had already been travelled by someone they trusted enough to go out with their daughter/sister/granddaughter on numerous occcasions and by all accounts it wasnt unusual for her to be out late at other times also and that was the reason for her being grounded?

They obviously weren't convinced.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #280 on: March 03, 2021, 11:56:58 PM »
From an old timeline

10.39pm Judy sends a text to Lukes phone, Right Toad, say goodnight toLuke. Thats you grounded for another week.
10.40pm Luke phones Judy to say he hasnt seen Jodi all night. Judy says she will call round Jodis friends. Luke returns to the house and tells his mother what Judy has said.
10.49pm Judy calls back to say Jodi is nowhere to be found, and she is calling the police. Luke says he will go up the path to look for Jodi, and if he doesnt find her, he will make his way to Judys house to decide what to do next. (This story was later changed to claim that Luke had agreed to meet the other members of the search party at the path.)

Luke returns to the house?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2021, 11:59:34 PM by Nicholas »

Offline John

« Reply #281 on: March 03, 2021, 11:57:22 PM »
Some people use that claim over Simon Hall’s guilt

I was just thinking about you and Simon today.  It must have been very difficult for you in the end.  Sorry about going off topic.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline interested

« Reply #282 on: March 03, 2021, 11:58:50 PM »
As did the girl he was cheating on Jodi with, Kimberley Thomson:

And he absolutely was 2 timing the pair of them despite what Sandra says. This is likely what they were arguing about on the day of the murder, because Luke had plans to spend time with Kimberley Thomson 60 miles away now that school was finished. Kimberley and Luke were texting "love you" to each other just days before the murder.

As did his former high school teacher, who had reason to remember it because he joked that Luke resembled a "hooded monk" walking around school with it on. This teacher retired that summer so could only have seen Luke wearing it before the murder.

As did Luke's friends.

All these independent people, deciding to lie for no apparent reason.  *%87
jeez he was 14 so what if he had 10 girlfriends, nothing sinister about that, and why no pics of Luke in said parka if he always wore it? did no one have cameras back then or was he just unlucky that every photo taken didnt include the parka he allegedly always wore? ever thought these young girls couldve been scorned having found out they were being 2/3 timed? oh I forgot theyre only kids, not at all like Luke was. 

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #283 on: March 04, 2021, 12:00:46 AM »
I was just thinking about you and Simon today.  It must have been very difficult for you in the end.  Sorry about going off topic.

Were you - what were you thinking about Simon?

Offline Rorschach

« Reply #284 on: March 04, 2021, 12:00:56 AM »
Much has been made of the family wanting to go back down the path Luke walked up. Why? They hadn't searched it yet. Why would the family walk to the path only to go back the way they came? I'm also unsure why Corinne says she has "no idea" how the Jones search party got there before Luke. They were closer to it. Why wouldn't they?