Author Topic: Is this another example of a potentially crucial error by the VRD handler?  (Read 40148 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: Is this another example of a potentially crucial error by the VRD handler?
« Reply #135 on: August 10, 2018, 11:51:22 AM »
How does that explain the alerts to specific items of clothing & the garden alert where Grime even picked up something from the ground?

Does it have to?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #136 on: August 10, 2018, 11:54:49 AM »
And if there is no deposition site?

Where was there 'no deposition site'?
Result = happy posting.

Offline misty

« Reply #137 on: August 10, 2018, 11:56:45 AM »
Does it have to?

If the position of Eddie's nose prior to an alert meant nothing, as you stated, then how could anyone be sure he wasn't just playing with the clothes he picked up but alerting to something entirely different somewhere in the vicinity?

Offline misty

« Reply #138 on: August 10, 2018, 11:57:58 AM »
Where was there 'no deposition site'?

There was no deposition site in 5A.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #139 on: August 10, 2018, 12:06:04 PM »
There was no deposition site in 5A.

Is that an opinion or a fact?
Result = happy posting.

Offline misty

« Reply #140 on: August 10, 2018, 12:13:18 PM »
Is that an opinion or a fact?

No trace of a body was found in 5A.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #141 on: August 10, 2018, 12:39:22 PM »
No trace of a body was found in 5A.

There's a possibility that the scent of a cadaver was detected in 5a by the dog Eddie.  Is that what you mean by a 'trace'?
Result = happy posting.

Offline misty

« Reply #142 on: August 10, 2018, 12:50:18 PM »
There's a possibility that the scent of a cadaver was detected in 5a by the dog Eddie.  Is that what you mean by a 'trace'?

A possibility is not a fact.
Do you believe the dog alerted to areas inside 5A which had been cleaned at least 3 times after the McCanns departed?

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #143 on: August 10, 2018, 12:58:55 PM »
Which is why, in my opinion, the position of his nose just before he alerts means nothing.
It may or may not mean nothing.  The PJ should follow up on all leads even if some do end up with nothing.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #144 on: August 10, 2018, 12:59:37 PM »

There may be a possibility that one or other of the constituent components of 'cadaver scent' night have been detected by the dog ... but as emphasised by Martin Grime, that would be the province of forensics to verify that.

As far as 5A is concerned such forensic verification wasn't achieved either as an early result of the work of Portuguese scientific officers or of the later dog indications.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #145 on: August 10, 2018, 01:01:53 PM »
It may or may not mean nothing.  The PJ should follow up on all leads even if some do end up with nothing.

I think that already happened, Robitty.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #146 on: August 10, 2018, 01:02:38 PM »
Grime used the words possible... And suggestive.... The problem is he doesn't say how, suggestive... Which is, rather remiss if him.. Imo

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #147 on: August 10, 2018, 01:19:51 PM »
A possibility is not a fact.
Do you believe the dog alerted to areas inside 5A which had been cleaned at least 3 times after the McCanns departed?

I didn't say it was. I don't do beliefs, really. I believe what I see or hear. I saw alerts which may have been triggered by cadaver scent.

I assume you are stating a fact when you describe where Eddie's nose was just before he alerted behind the couch. You haven't managed to demonstrate that it matters, though.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #148 on: August 10, 2018, 01:24:27 PM »
I didn't say it was. I don't do beliefs, really. I believe what I see or hear. I saw alerts which may have been triggered by cadaver scent.

I assume you are stating a fact when you describe where Eddie's nose was just before he alerted behind the couch. You haven't managed to demonstrate that it matters, though.

May... Or may not

Offline misty

« Reply #149 on: August 10, 2018, 01:44:35 PM »

What was the basis for Grime stating where Eddie had alerted to a specific area behind the sofa and what happened next?