Author Topic: Is this another example of a potentially crucial error by the VRD handler?  (Read 40276 times)

Offline Robittybob1

Re: Is this another example of a potentially crucial error by the VRD handler?
« Reply #255 on: August 11, 2018, 06:56:03 PM »
The only value the alerts have is the information  that can be derived from them... Which is unreliable
I don't think that is scientific.  The alert is the action of a dog.  You are not going to derive anything from that.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #256 on: August 11, 2018, 06:56:44 PM »
Davel didn't say "he said that the dogs were unreliable regarding the unconfirmed alerts" if you had read the entirety of my post you would see I was talking about Martin Grime and Davel's claims about what Grime said eg

Davel's post
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=9940.msg478956#msg478956

I wanted a cite from Davel that Grime said they were "unreliable". I haven't had one. 

Davel is changing Grime and Harrisons words IMO. No reliability as evidence does not mean unreliable.
What, essentially is the main difference between no reliability as evidence and unreliable ?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #257 on: August 11, 2018, 06:58:22 PM »
I don't think that is scientific.  The alert is the action of a dog.  You are not going to derive anything from that.

But posters here insist they can

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #258 on: August 11, 2018, 06:59:06 PM »
Davel didn't say "he said that the dogs were unreliable regarding the unconfirmed alerts" if you had read the entirety of my post you would see I was talking about Martin Grime and Davel's claims about what Grime said eg

Davel's post
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=9940.msg478956#msg478956

I wanted a cite from Davel that Grime said they were "unreliable". I haven't had one. 

Davel is changing Grime and Harrisons words IMO. No reliability as evidence does not mean unreliable.
Splitting hairs there mate.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #259 on: August 11, 2018, 07:10:15 PM »

I have said the unconfirmed  alerts are unreliable.... ie . They cannot be relied on... Perhaps Sunny or Slarti could explain in what way the alert s are reliable ...I don't expect them to be able to respond

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #260 on: August 11, 2018, 07:11:42 PM »
I have said the unconfirmed  alerts are unreliable.... ie . They cannot be relied on... Perhaps Sunny or Slarti could explain in what way the alert s are reliable ...I don't expect
Have you ever thought what evidence would confirm an alert?
Moderation

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #261 on: August 11, 2018, 07:12:53 PM »

It is a serious distinction, think about it.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #262 on: August 11, 2018, 07:17:00 PM »
It is a serious distinction, think about it.

then provide your reaons for thinking the alerts are relaible

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #263 on: August 11, 2018, 07:17:53 PM »
Have you ever thought what evidence would confirm an alert?

I prefer to clarify this point first rather than cloud the issue

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #264 on: August 11, 2018, 07:18:42 PM »
I have said the unconfirmed  alerts are unreliable.... ie . They cannot be relied on... Perhaps Sunny or Slarti could explain in what way the alert s are reliable ...I don't expect them to be able to respond

We have been told that the dogs are high 90%s accurate, that means their alerts. Obviously an alert can’t point to a victim or perpetrator without forensic confirmation, hence they cannot be relied upon in trial. It is still the most likely scenario however that cadaver odour was alerted to in 5a. Where that odour originated is unknown.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #265 on: August 11, 2018, 07:21:40 PM »
We have been told that the dogs are high 90%s accurate, that means their alerts. Obviously an alert can’t point to a victim or perpetrator without forensic confirmation, hence they cannot be relied upon in trial. It is still the most likely scenario however that cadaver odour was alerted to in 5a. Where that odour originated is unknown.

90% accurate in what way....you have failed miserably to answer that question...cadaver odour is not th most likely scenario imo...you are stating your opinion as fact which is against forum rules

Offline Sunny

« Reply #266 on: August 11, 2018, 07:27:23 PM »
Robittybob1 and Vertigo Swirl

Unreliable

un·re·li·a·ble  (ŭn′rĭ-lī′ə-bəl)
adj.
Marked by or exhibiting a lack of reliability.

unreliable (ˌʌnrɪˈlaɪəbəl)
adj
not reliable; untrustworthy: an unreliable witness.

I don't believe that the above is what Martin Grime (they were talking about not relying on the alerts as evidence not them in themselves being unreliable) nor this

Both Harrison and Grime say unconfirmed  alerts have no reliability as evidence or.. In Harrison's case... Evidence or intelligence... No reliability means unreliable

Do you not see the glaring difference?
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #267 on: August 11, 2018, 07:28:01 PM »

lets assume the test involved 10 freshly contaminated carpet tiles..oozing with cadaverine contaminant fro a stinking cadaver...then I would expect a high scrore...but you cannot simply extrapolate those figures to  pdl...it is a ridiculous...or to use angelos words...stupid...suggestion ..

Or perhaps the test was not remnant scent at all...but rotting pork......when you can tell me how the test was conducted we can evaluate the 90%...until then the figure has no value
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 07:33:01 PM by Davel »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #268 on: August 11, 2018, 07:29:12 PM »
Robittybob1 and Vertigo Swirl

Unreliable

un·re·li·a·ble  (ŭn′rĭ-lī′ə-bəl)
adj.
Marked by or exhibiting a lack of reliability.

unreliable (ˌʌnrɪˈlaɪəbəl)
adj
not reliable; untrustworthy: an unreliable witness.

I don't believe that the above is what Martin Grime (they were talking about not relying on the alerts as evidence not them in themselves being unreliable) nor this

Both Harrison and Grime say unconfirmed  alerts have no reliability as evidence or.. In Harrison's case... Evidence or intelligence... No reliability means unreliable

Do you not see the glaring difference?

they are unreliable.....if they are not...then they must be reliable...tell me how they are reliable

Offline Sunny

« Reply #269 on: August 11, 2018, 07:32:50 PM »
they are unreliable.....if they are not...then they must be reliable...tell me how they are reliable

Slartibartfast has already mentioned my earlier cite where Grime's later dogs achieved high 90's in percentage terms in their tests on alerts. I would call that very reliable imo.

You are using a legal term to call the dog alerts unreliable IMO.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!