Author Topic: Is this another example of a potentially crucial error by the VRD handler?  (Read 40531 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Is this another example of a potentially crucial error by the VRD handler?
« Reply #285 on: August 11, 2018, 08:39:53 PM »
You asked for a cite, you got a cite. Readers can look up Rex Stockham’s CV and experience and make their own minds up about his veracity.

I absolutely accept his figure...but without knowing the deatils of his tests we cannot put the figure into context..
I think maddie was  abducted.....and 99.999% of child abductions are carried out by parents...think about it
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 10:55:17 PM by John »

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #286 on: August 11, 2018, 08:49:44 PM »
The irony is you don't seem to appreciate Grime's potential error may have denied the PJ of the crucial piece of evidence they were looking for.

You don't seem to appreciate that you have failed to demonstrate that Grime committed an error.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Sunny

« Reply #287 on: August 11, 2018, 08:56:26 PM »
I absolutely accept his figure...but without knowing the deatils of his tests we cannot put the figure into context..
I think maddie was  abducted.....and 99.999% of child abductions are carried out by parents...think about it

You have failed to show that Martin Grime said that the dog alerts were unreliable and that the alerts were actually unreliable in themselves. Just because they weren't admissible in court doesn't make them unreliable.

We don't need to know the details of Stockham's tests all we need to know is what job he did and that he was considered an expert witness at the D'Andre Lane trial.

Do we have all the full details of how the drug tests were carried out on the twins and Kate no we don't, yet you accept the result of them.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #288 on: August 11, 2018, 08:58:48 PM »
You have failed to show that Martin Grime said that the dog alerts were unreliable and that the alerts were actually unreliable in themselves. Just because they weren't admissible in court doesn't make them unreliable.

We don't need to know the details of Stockham's tests all we need to know is what job he did and that he was considered an expert witness at the D'Andre Lane trial.

Do we have all the full details of how the drug tests were carried out on the twins and Kate no we don't, yet you accept the result of them.

You clearly  don't understand  science and evidence IMO... So further discussion  is pointless...

Offline Sunny

« Reply #289 on: August 11, 2018, 09:08:40 PM »
You clearly  don't understand  science and evidence IMO... So further discussion  is pointless...

So explain to me then Davel. I think I do, you think I don't.  Show me the evidence.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #290 on: August 11, 2018, 09:12:24 PM »
So explain to me then Davel. I think I do, you think I don't.  Show me the evidence.

i already have done...you are quoting the result of a test ....and drawing conclusuions...with no knowledge of the test or what it entailed...that is unscientific and cannot support your evidence...

Offline misty

« Reply #291 on: August 11, 2018, 09:15:13 PM »
You don't seem to appreciate that you have failed to demonstrate that Grime committed an error.

Neither has anyone managed to demonstrate that Grime didn't make a potential error simply because no-one can determine precisely what Eddie is alerting to when he barks.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #292 on: August 11, 2018, 09:16:11 PM »
Neither has anyone managed to demonstrate that Grime didn't make a potential error simply because no-one can determine precisely what Eddie is alerting to when he barks.

like cuddle cat

Offline Sunny

« Reply #293 on: August 11, 2018, 09:19:35 PM »
i already have done...you are quoting the result of a test ....and drawing conclusuions...with no knowledge of the test or what it entailed...that is unscientific and cannot support your evidence...

Perhaps as is your claim that the alerts were unreliable as regards remnant scents then Davel.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #294 on: August 11, 2018, 09:22:45 PM »
Perhaps as is your claim that the alerts were unreliable as regards remnant scents then Davel.

so you have given up your claim taht the 90% is relevant...teh alerts are unreliable...you have not been able to show in what sense they are reliable...what do they reliably tell us...nothing...so they are unreliable

Offline Sunny

« Reply #295 on: August 11, 2018, 09:28:54 PM »
so you have given up your claim taht the 90% is relevant...teh alerts are unreliable...you have not been able to show in what sense they are reliable...what do they reliably tell us...nothing...so they are unreliable

Just because something is not considered for court purposes doesn't make it unreliable as you well know.  The high 90s percent test results are relevant as Stockham was an expert witness and not just any expert witness IMO.  He would know whether Grime's dogs had a lot of false alerts and he said they did not.

That is all we need to know.  You are putting words into Grime and Harrison's mouths and in the process disrespecting both them and and Rex Stockham as well.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #296 on: August 11, 2018, 09:31:09 PM »
Just because something is not considered for court purposes doesn't make it unreliable as you well know.  The high 90s percent test results are relevant as Stockham was an expert witness and not just any expert witness IMO.  He would know whether Grime's dogs had a lot of false alerts and he said they did not.

That is all we need to know.  You are putting words into Grime and Harrison's mouths and in the process disrespecting both them and and Rex Stockham as well.

absolute rubbish..if you read my posts you would see I accept stockholms figures........never mind court...what do the alerts reliably tell us...nothing...so they are unreliable......
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 09:39:39 PM by Davel »

Offline misty

« Reply #297 on: August 11, 2018, 09:39:42 PM »

If the evidence is reliable it would be acceptable to all US courts & the judge would not have to first consider the competence of the dog. No-one is questioning Stockham's ability when assessing Morse & Grime but it is important to bear in mind he was developing a canine programme at the time. Testing therefore may or may not have been bog-standard minimum requirement or advanced scientifically based.

Offline Sunny

« Reply #298 on: August 11, 2018, 09:43:48 PM »
If the evidence is reliable it would be acceptable to all US courts & the judge would not have to first consider the competence of the dog. No-one is questioning Stockham's ability when assessing Morse & Grime but it is important to bear in mind he was developing a canine programme at the time. Testing therefore may or may not have been bog-standard minimum requirement or advanced scientifically based.

Thank you for your sensible answer Misty. You may have a point but i believe that Stockham would have been rigorous in his testing from the get go but I am willing to concede your point.  Stockham wasn't new to the FBI as had been an expert in explosives before. 

Offline Sunny

« Reply #299 on: August 11, 2018, 09:47:09 PM »
absolute rubbish..if you read my posts you would see I accept stockholms figures........never mind court...what do the alerts reliably tell us...nothing...so they are unreliable......

Can you point me to your post where you accept Stockham's figures?  I see this one

and I have shown why your cite is meaningless...the fact you do not realise taht is very telling..imo

This one

Thats your opinion again and incorrect..I would like to evaluate it....but to make  a proper evaluation I would need details of the test carried out...you have blindly accepted the figure..imo

And this one

experts tell us what was tested...its no good giving a result but not explaining what was tested...taht is worthless and im surprised you cant see that...

you are quoting the results of a test...but dont know what was tested...

In none do you accept the results of Stockham's tests.