Author Topic: Is this another example of a potentially crucial error by the VRD handler?  (Read 40275 times)

Offline faithlilly

Re: Is this another example of a potentially crucial error by the VRD handler?
« Reply #450 on: August 13, 2018, 06:25:15 PM »
I find this attitude that Grime is an expert and therefore cannot be questioned or criticised extremely naieve

Yet you believe him unquestionably when he says the dog alerts have no evidentiary value.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #451 on: August 13, 2018, 06:27:30 PM »
I find this attitude that Grime is an expert and therefore cannot be questioned or criticised extremely naieve
That was your best post IMO.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline misty

« Reply #452 on: August 13, 2018, 06:38:58 PM »
I couldn't agree more. Some have become so beguiled by the dog videos that they have turned to examining them in minute detail. Despite their lack of knowledge of how these dogs work, they have formed opinions which they think suggest that Grime was incompetent.

I wonder why they have bothered when he told them himself that the alerts weren't evidence.

How do you assess the competence of the police who, without waiting for forensic results, viewed the video & assessed from it that the alerts meant Madeleine had died in the apartment? Why did they ignore the opinion & advice of the handler if he was considered competent?

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #453 on: August 13, 2018, 06:44:11 PM »
How do you assess the competence of the police who, without waiting for forensic results, viewed the video & assessed from it that the alerts meant Madeleine had died in the apartment? Why did they ignore the opinion & advice of the handler if he was considered competent?
Misty  did you see my post about the tiles with the blood being found underneath the sofa, so it appears Grime was wrong and only after studying the video and bringing Keela back in did they get the location sorted.  That is how I understood it all.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #454 on: August 13, 2018, 06:46:38 PM »
How do you assess the competence of the police who, without waiting for forensic results, viewed the video & assessed from it that the alerts meant Matdeleine had died in the apartment? Why did they ignore the opinion & advice of the handler if he was considered competent?

It's even worse than that.... Amaral is on record saying 15 markers might not be God enough for the FSS but it was good enough for him... So amaral thinks he knows better than the experts

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #455 on: August 13, 2018, 06:47:50 PM »

It is interesting that you spend half your time deriding Grimes skill as a dog handler and the other half promoting his opinion.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #456 on: August 13, 2018, 06:49:38 PM »
Especially when we are told this by someone who prides themselves in accepting nothing, believing no one and confirming everything.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #457 on: August 13, 2018, 06:52:49 PM »
It is interesting that you spend half your time deriding Grimes skill as a dog handler and the other half promoting his opinion.

That isn't Grimes opinion.... It's a well known fact... Amongst dog handlers

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #458 on: August 13, 2018, 06:58:10 PM »
This is incorrect IMO, so perhaps you need to distinguish your facts from that which is merely your opinion.

"Why did they ignore the opinion & advice of the handler if he was considered competent?"  If you can show that the PJ had Grime's or Harrison's evaluation of the dog results by the date of Kate or Gerry's arguido interviews, now would be a good time to produce it.

It would save us all hours of digging.  TY.
What's up, old man?

Offline misty

« Reply #459 on: August 13, 2018, 07:01:09 PM »
Misty  did you see my post about the tiles with the blood being found underneath the sofa, so it appears Grime was wrong and only after studying the video and bringing Keela back in did they get the location sorted.  That is how I understood it all.

Yes, I saw it Rob. The forensics don't refer to blood, just cellular material so did they validate Keela's alerts?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #460 on: August 13, 2018, 07:02:01 PM »
This is incorrect IMO, so perhaps you need to distinguish your facts from that which is merely your opinion.

"Why did they ignore the opinion & advice of the handler if he was considered competent?"  If you can show that the PJ had Grime's or Harrison's evaluation of the dog results by the date of Kate or Gerry's arguido interviews, now would be a good time to produce it.

What possible reason could there be to delay the results of Grime’s evaluation of the sniffer dog results for so many weeks?  Also weren’t the McCanns asked to explain the dog alerts in their arguido interviews?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #461 on: August 13, 2018, 07:03:15 PM »

It's in Harrison's rog... And alaral himself has told us he would not accept the FSS report on the 15 markers

Offline misty

« Reply #462 on: August 13, 2018, 07:06:22 PM »

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MARTIN_GRIMES.htm

9 Processos Vol IX Page 2461
09_VOLUME_IXa_Page_2461
 Policia Judiciaria

NUIPC 201/07. GALGS

Terms of Joining

On this date I join to the case files the translations of the verbal reports made in English by the police sniffer dog trainer Martin Grime, referring to the sniffer dog inspections carried out with the cadaver odour detection dog Eddie and the human blood detection dog, Keela.

These translations were made working from the audio-visual recordings of each of the inspections.

These terms of joining were elaborated and will be signed.

Portimao 23 August 2007

Inspector Paiva

Offline Brietta

« Reply #463 on: August 13, 2018, 07:07:12 PM »

After the conclusion of the searches, a meeting in the Portimao offices of the PJ took place in the cabinet of Goncalo AMARAL and those present included Guilermino ENCARNACO, an official representative from the Leicestershire police, Martin GRIME and myself. During the meeting were exhibited videos with the details of search activities including the sniffer dogs lead by Martin GRIME. GRIME commented on the actions of the dogs and added that no confirmed evidence or information could be taken from the alerts by the dogs but needed to be confirmed with physical evidence.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MARK_HARRISON-RIGATORY.htm
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #464 on: August 13, 2018, 07:09:07 PM »
Yes, I saw it Rob. The forensics don't refer to blood, just cellular material so did they validate Keela's alerts?
Keela smells the blood, she isn't seeing the blood cells, whereas the detectives want to see blood, and the lab technicians can only presume there were cells (for the DNA is inside cells, but they don't get to see cells either).

Keela's ability to detect blood took everyone into a zone where words haven't been invented to describe it properly.
Like the "past presence of a blood microdot" or "the residual presence of a blood microdot". would that be it?  Hardly a murder zone.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 07:17:09 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation