Author Topic: Is this another example of a potentially crucial error by the VRD handler?  (Read 40533 times)

Offline misty

Re: Is this another example of a potentially crucial error by the VRD handler?
« Reply #465 on: August 13, 2018, 07:09:41 PM »
It is interesting that you spend half your time deriding Grimes skill as a dog handler and the other half promoting his opinion.

What a conundrum that must be for those who think I am biased. ?{)(**

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #466 on: August 13, 2018, 07:19:56 PM »
Yes, I saw it Rob. The forensics don't refer to blood, just cellular material so did they validate Keela's alerts?
I edited my previous post.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #467 on: August 13, 2018, 07:20:22 PM »
After the conclusion of the searches, a meeting in the Portimao offices of the PJ took place in the cabinet of Goncalo AMARAL and those present included Guilermino ENCARNACO, an official representative from the Leicestershire police, Martin GRIME and myself. During the meeting were exhibited videos with the details of search activities including the sniffer dogs lead by Martin GRIME. GRIME commented on the actions of the dogs and added that no confirmed evidence or information could be taken from the alerts by the dogs but needed to be confirmed with physical evidence.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MARK_HARRISON-RIGATORY.htm
Thank you.   *&(+(+
What's up, old man?

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #468 on: August 13, 2018, 07:23:02 PM »
After the conclusion of the searches, a meeting in the Portimao offices of the PJ took place in the cabinet of Goncalo AMARAL and those present included Guilermino ENCARNACO, an official representative from the Leicestershire police, Martin GRIME and myself. During the meeting were exhibited videos with the details of search activities including the sniffer dogs lead by Martin GRIME. GRIME commented on the actions of the dogs and added that no confirmed evidence or information could be taken from the alerts by the dogs but needed to be confirmed with physical evidence.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MARK_HARRISON-RIGATORY.htm
Same question as before.  What physical evidence did Harrison have in mind? 
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #469 on: August 13, 2018, 08:00:54 PM »

Human remains

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #470 on: August 13, 2018, 08:04:00 PM »
I find this attitude that Grime is an expert and therefore cannot be questioned or criticised extremely naieve

I have no problem with Grime being questioned. I do have a problem when he is accused of incompetence with no supporting evidence. In my opinion that's defamation of character. .
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #471 on: August 13, 2018, 08:12:21 PM »
How do you assess the competence of the police who, without waiting for forensic results, viewed the video & assessed from it that the alerts meant Madeleine had died in the apartment? Why did they ignore the opinion & advice of the handler if he was considered competent?

Are you suggesting that the Portuguese police judged Grime incompetent?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #472 on: August 13, 2018, 08:22:16 PM »
I have no problem with Grime being questioned. I do have a problem when he is accused of incompetence with no supporting evidence. In my opinion that's defamation of character. .

But to accuse the McCann's of perury and fraud... Of covering up an accident and hiding a body... Isn't defamation... Iyo

Offline John

« Reply #473 on: August 13, 2018, 08:22:38 PM »

I suppose they were hopeful of finding the missing child's blood and DNA somewhere.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline John

« Reply #474 on: August 13, 2018, 08:26:11 PM »
But to accuse the McCann's of perury and fraud... Of covering up an accident and hiding a body... Isn't defamation... Iyo

Wasn't this one of several valid theories based on the evidence available to them in 2007?
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline misty

« Reply #475 on: August 13, 2018, 08:28:10 PM »
Are you suggesting that the Portuguese police judged Grime incompetent?

Did the PJ take on board all the opinions given by the expert witness , thus judging both him & the dogs reliable  - or did they just cherry-pick the parts which suited them, demonstrating their own lack of understanding?
I previously asked a question about what dog evidence the Portuguese courts would most likely accept:-
a) UK cadaver dog handler's
b) GNR tracker dog handler's
c) whichever supported the prosecution's case.

If someone other than the McCanns is ever charged in Portugal with abduction in the absence of a body, IMO the emphasis the PJ placed on the competence & reliability of the dogs will provide a strong defence tool.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #476 on: August 13, 2018, 08:28:46 PM »
Wasn't this one of several valid theories based on the evidence available to them in 2007?
There was no validity in the statement... In the next hour I will prove the child died in the apartment

Offline John

« Reply #477 on: August 13, 2018, 08:32:32 PM »
There was no validity in the statement... In the next hour I will prove the child died in the apartment

What did Amaral base that statement on iyo?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #478 on: August 13, 2018, 08:33:26 PM »
I don't think there is any question about the handling of the dogs.  In my opinion the handler is an expert in his field.

In my opinion the problem arises when interpretation has been made in the total absence of supporting evidence.

Misty made a totally new observation of a point which might be worth discussing before we embark on the same old same old set of accusations.
What evidence is there that amaral is an expert in his field... How difficult  is it to train a cadaver dog... He's a competent professional... That doesn't make him an expert

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #479 on: August 13, 2018, 08:35:39 PM »
What did Amaral base that statement on iyo?

He produced the evidence.. Based on the evidence of a dog that had detected a body under a concrete slab in Jersey... And together, with his partner had solved, 200 cases...

We know for a fact he could not prove Maddie died in the apartment so his claim was untrue