Author Topic: Is this another example of a potentially crucial error by the VRD handler?  (Read 40271 times)

Offline slartibartfast

Re: Is this another example of a potentially crucial error by the VRD handler?
« Reply #555 on: August 15, 2018, 05:54:55 PM »
I don't see VS claiming his post represents every sceptic on here... Perhaps you misread it

So what do you understand by...

“when basically that is the default position of every McCann sceptic“
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #556 on: August 15, 2018, 06:20:42 PM »
The view that the McCanns faked an abduction is very prevalent on this forum, even if only by inference (direct accusation not being permitted of course).  If you quote any of the Tapas' group evidence to support the abduction theory it is declaimed as not independent an therefore not reliable, the clear implication being that subterfuge or fakery is involved, yet this accusation largely passes by without censure.  Therefore I was surprised to read that accusing someone else of faking evidence is "a disgrace", when basically that is the default position of every McCann sceptic re: the McCanns themselves.

As you observed, direct accusations are not permitted on the forum, yet I have seen quite a few of them directed at Martin Grime.

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #557 on: August 15, 2018, 06:27:19 PM »
And the PJ;

I now say without doubt the PJ faked alerts
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=9940.msg479931#msg479931
Result = happy posting.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #558 on: August 15, 2018, 06:27:43 PM »

It would be interesting to learn the definition of "every" that the poster relies.
Is that every every or selective every........ *%87
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #559 on: August 15, 2018, 06:39:07 PM »

Anyone who is sceptical  of the McCann's does not believe  them and therefore thinks they may be faking the evidence

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #560 on: August 15, 2018, 06:46:58 PM »
Anyone who is sceptical  of the McCann's does not believe  them and therefore thinks they may be faking the evidence

What evidence?
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #561 on: August 15, 2018, 06:56:35 PM »
What evidence?

Their statements are evidence

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #562 on: August 15, 2018, 07:11:58 PM »
Their statements are evidence

Really? I thought you'd binned them along with the dog alerts; 'twice translated and non verbatim'.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #563 on: August 15, 2018, 07:24:10 PM »
You don’t know the default position of every McCann Sceptic. Pretending you do and arguing against that position is a strawman argument.
It stands to reason that if you are sceptical of the McCanns' version of events you are also accusing them of faking evidence, now tell me where I am wrong there...?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #564 on: August 15, 2018, 07:37:26 PM »
It stands to reason that if you are sceptical of the McCanns' version of events you are also accusing them of faking evidence, now tell me where I am wrong there...?

Again, that doesn’t follow for every sceptic.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #565 on: August 15, 2018, 07:41:09 PM »
I don't see VS claiming his post represents every sceptic on here... Perhaps you misread it
VS did write "Therefore I was surprised to read that accusing someone else of faking evidence is "a disgrace", when basically that is the default position of every McCann sceptic re: the McCanns themselves."

if VS had said "Therefore I was surprised to read that accusing someone else of faking evidence is "a disgrace", when basically that is the default position of many McCann sceptics re: the McCanns themselves."  VS might have been OK.    "Strawman" is not a term I use myself.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #566 on: August 15, 2018, 07:41:37 PM »
Really? I thought you'd binned them along with the dog alerts; 'twice translated and non verbatim'.

Then you thought wrong

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #567 on: August 15, 2018, 07:42:28 PM »
As you observed, direct accusations are not permitted on the forum, yet I have seen quite a few of them directed at Martin Grime.
Cite please.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #568 on: August 15, 2018, 07:44:22 PM »
Cite please.

They have been deleted because they were libellous.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #569 on: August 15, 2018, 07:46:10 PM »
They have been deleted because they were libellous.

Could you then show me what you consider as examples of libellous statements against Grime please?
Moderation