Author Topic: Is this another example of a potentially crucial error by the VRD handler?  (Read 40532 times)

Offline Robittybob1

Re: Is this another example of a potentially crucial error by the VRD handler?
« Reply #585 on: August 15, 2018, 09:52:02 PM »
You mean the one experts opinion....I'm afraid that does not make it factual... Grime talked about scent pooling in a closed building... But the building hadn't been closed and the scent surely would distribute randomnly by Brownian motion.... Probably all out if the open windows, and doors
Exactly, layering liquids and stratification can happen in gases but what Grimes described was a bit unusual.  Was it true?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #586 on: August 15, 2018, 09:55:26 PM »
You’re clever, surely you can work it out yourself.  Start by asking yourself what is a sceptic and work on from there.

As I recall I asked you to delineate your position.
In my view your basic posit looks remarkably like one of them reasoning fallacy thingies.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #587 on: August 15, 2018, 10:06:39 PM »
In my view your basic posit looks remarkably like one of them reasoning fallacy thingies.
Explain why.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #588 on: August 15, 2018, 10:15:54 PM »
Make a full case for what you want.  If this conversation continues I will apply to john to make a decision as to how to moderate these types of conversations.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Alice Purjorick

"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #590 on: August 15, 2018, 10:56:48 PM »
Because I said so.
That’s a very grown up response, thanks for that.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Brietta

« Reply #591 on: August 15, 2018, 10:59:26 PM »
Time to get back on topic ... Is this another example of a potentially crucial error by the VRD handler?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #592 on: August 16, 2018, 08:37:58 AM »
So, how can you be sceptical of the McCanns whilst at the same time not believe they made anything up or faked any evidence?

You appear to be trying to prove that anyone who doubts the McCanns in print is committing libel?
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #593 on: August 16, 2018, 01:24:32 PM »
This was a cite I was looking for "The scent can be 'masked' by bleach and other strong smelling odours but
the dog's olfactory system is able to isolate the odours and identify specific compounds' and mixes."
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MARTIN_GRIMES.htm
Moderation

Offline barrier

« Reply #594 on: August 16, 2018, 01:27:39 PM »
This was a cite I was looking for "The scent can be 'masked' by bleach and other strong smelling odours but
the dog's olfactory system is able to isolate the odours and identify specific compounds' and mixes."
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MARTIN_GRIMES.htm

Which basically confirms what I writ in another thread.

The dogs are intelligent enough to be trained to differentiate.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #595 on: August 16, 2018, 06:23:32 PM »
You appear to be trying to prove that anyone who doubts the McCanns in print is committing libel?
What gives you that impression? 

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #596 on: August 16, 2018, 11:25:51 PM »
What gives you that impression?

The lines of reasoning being put forward.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #597 on: August 16, 2018, 11:32:04 PM »
The lines of reasoning being put forward.
Well you are wrong.  I haven’t mentioned libel and I really couldn’t give a damn if you libelled the McCanns for all eternity, well past caring on that score.