Author Topic: Oscar Pistorius sentencing deferred until 6th July 2016.  (Read 11786 times)

Offline John

Oscar Pistorius sentencing deferred until 6th July 2016.
« on: June 22, 2016, 02:59:14 PM »
Oscar Pistorius to be sentenced for murder on July 6

The date for Oscar Pistorius' sentencing for the murder of former girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp has been set for July 6.

Earlier, his defence barrister asked the Paralympian to remove his prosthetic legs in the courtroom during his sentencing hearing in Pretoria.

Barry Roux told the court the man they were looking at, standing on his stumps, was the man who was scared for his life at 3am, and thought an intruder was in his home.

The double-amputee's manslaughter conviction was overturned last year by an appeals court, which convicted Pistorius of the more serious charge of murder following the death of his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp in 2013.

http://www.itv.com/news/story/2016-06-15/oscar-pistorius-to-be-sentenced-for-murder-on-july-6/

« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 03:02:25 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline mercury

Re: Oscar Pistorius sentencing deferred until 6th July 2016.
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2016, 09:53:34 PM »
There is a new Telly interview with Mark Williams-Thomas and Oscar Pistorius on ITV tonight. Its nearly finished now but you can see it on +1 or itv catch up

Also online at itvhub, but you need to sign up

My personal opinion: he has no defence and was acting/lying, sometimes you can just tell
I wanted to believe him though

If you #oscarpistorius you will see a lot of good points made
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 10:04:25 PM by mercury »

Offline puglove

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2016, 12:45:17 AM »
There is a new Telly interview with Mark Williams-Thomas and Oscar Pistorius on ITV tonight. Its nearly finished now but you can see it on +1 or itv catch up

Also online at itvhub, but you need to sign up

My personal opinion: he has no defence and was acting/lying, sometimes you can just tell
I wanted to believe him though

If you #oscarpistorius you will see a lot of good points made

I watched it and, yes, he was lying. He's a loathsome, self-serving brat. He fake-blubbed through it, and only managed to squeeze out one single tear. At one point, he rubbed his hands over his face so that his stringy spit looked like tears. He's shitting himself about going back to prison. He meant to kill Reeva. Even if some misguided judge finds otherwise, he meant to kill someone. He shot to kill. I can't believe how transparent he was.
Jeremy Bamber kicked Mike Tesko in the fanny.

Offline mercury

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2016, 11:29:20 PM »
He wasnt innocent of killing someone thats why he was found guilty first of manslaughter/culpable homicide

The prosecution managed to convince the supreme court his defence was not convincing and it was murder

If no one attacks or threatens you you cant just shoot them dead

He reckons hes done time and should just do community service

He reckons he didnt know it was her, there is no proof of that and more importantly he didnt convince the court for various reasons, and reading a few forums and papers has not convnced the majority of people either
I dont think this is a miscarriage of justice but if it is no doubt he will begin appeals whilst incarcerated or could confess and get sentence reduced

Offline John

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2016, 02:59:14 AM »
He wasnt innocent of killing someone thats why he was found guilty first of manslaughter/culpable homicide

The prosecution managed to convince the supreme court his defence was not convincing and it was murder

If no one attacks or threatens you you cant just shoot them dead

He reckons hes done time and should just do community service

He reckons he didnt know it was her, there is no proof of that and more importantly he didnt convince the court for various reasons, and reading a few forums and papers has not convnced the majority of people either
I dont think this is a miscarriage of justice but if it is no doubt he will begin appeals whilst incarcerated or could confess and get sentence reduced

The lady Judge has messed up already in this case so surely she won't be taken in by Pistorius a second time.  Hopefully he gets 15 years for what he did.  Anything less will be a miscarriage for sure.

As for the interviews with ITV, they should not have be allowed. Why a convicted murderer is allowed bail is beyond me, let alone being allowed to give TV interviews.  The SA system is crazy!
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 03:01:31 AM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline John

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2016, 11:16:46 PM »
A reminder for all who have been following this case that Oscar Pistorius will be sentenced tomorrow.

Offline mercury

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2016, 12:34:43 AM »
Dont wanna watch
Its horrible someone getting imprisoned
Its obvious he lied
In that latest documentary he was bringing stuff up(small details) that shouldnt matter

Never believed him but theres that question
Could he be innocent
problem  for him = NO witnesses
And dodgy testimony
and fact his own lawyers failed
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 12:49:21 AM by mercury »

Offline John

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2016, 02:03:31 AM »
Dont wanna watch
Its horrible someone getting imprisoned
Its obvious he lied
In that latest documentary he was bringing stuff up(small details) that shouldnt matter

Never believed him but theres that question
Could he be innocent
problem  for him = NO witnesses
And dodgy testimony
and fact his own lawyers failed

The murder conviction is sound in my opinion regardless of who the victim was.  For the sake of argument, even if we believe him for a moment that he thought the person in the toilet was an intruder he did not have the right to shoot them to death.

His story is a bit like the toilet door, full of holes.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 02:06:20 AM by John »

Offline John

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2016, 10:02:25 AM »
Oscar Pistorius sentenced to 6 years in jail for the murder of Reeva Steenkamp!

Yes, that right, Masipa has done it again and given murderer Pistorius a sentence much lower than that of the15 years minimum set down by South African Law.  It seems life is extremely cheap in SA and especially so if you are a white athlete.

That sentence is an insult to victim Reeva Steenkamp and to justice.  Pistorius could now serve as little as two years in prison for the murder of his former girlfriend.

Judge Masipa told the Court that Pistorius has lost much and had shown great remorse!

Oscar Pistorius hugs his sister...

Before being taken down to the cells.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-36719561
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 10:18:15 AM by John »

stephen25000

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2016, 10:07:39 AM »
Oscar Pistorius sentenced to 6 years in jail for the murder of Reeve Steenkamp!

Yes, that right, Masipa has done it again and given murderer Pistorius a sentence much lower than that of 15 years minimum set down by South African Law.

I hope the prosecution appeal for a higher sentence.

Masipa seems to have a thing for Pistorius.

What doesn't she get about him deliberately taking a life.

Even now, he may only serve 3 years.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 07:45:40 PM by stephen25000 »

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2016, 10:13:24 AM »
Masipa said Oscar was remorseful?!

What utter horse shit.

He still claims he thought she was an intruder.

If he was truly remorseful he'd admit he killed her deliberately, like the rest of the world know he did.

I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline John

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2016, 10:48:32 AM »
Masipa said Oscar was remorseful?!

What utter horse shit.

He still claims he thought she was an intruder.

If he was truly remorseful he'd admit he killed her deliberately, like the rest of the world know he did.

Even it had been an intruder, he had a lethal weapon in his possession, he shot to kill. 

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2016, 11:20:31 AM »
Oscar Pistorius sentenced to 6 years in jail for the murder of Reeva Steenkamp!

Yes, that right, Masipa has done it again and given murderer Pistorius a sentence much lower than that of the15 years minimum set down by South African Law.  It seems life is extremely cheap in SA and especially so if you are a white athlete.

That sentence is an insult to victim Reeva Steenkamp and to justice.  Pistorius could now serve as little as two years in prison for the murder of his former girlfriend.

Judge Masipa told the Court that Pistorius has lost much and had shown great remorse!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-36719561

This case has gone from bad to worse, it has rendered the South African justice system a laughing stock.  Masipa is unfit to exercise her commission as a judge in my opinion.  I hope the prosecution appeal her decision yet again and she is sacked.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

stephen25000

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2016, 07:47:05 PM »
This case has gone from bad to worse, it has rendered the South African justice system a laughing stock.  Masipa is unfit to exercise her commission as a judge in my opinion.  I hope the prosecution appeal her decision yet again and she is sacked.

I totally agree with you on this.

The only person Pistorius feels remorse for, is himself.

The judge was worse than useless.

Offline John

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2016, 08:36:07 PM »
I don't think many onlookers would disagree with this...

A fair comment, "Human rights barrister Adam Wagner wrote on Twitter: "Why has Oscar Pistorius been given six years for murder if he got five for culpable homicide?""

Legal experts slam Oscar Pistorius sentence as an 'insult to women' as he's jailed for just six years

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/legal-experts-slam-oscar-pistorius-8359721

« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 03:01:59 PM by John »