Author Topic: Did Madeleine Spend Christmas Alone at Her Grandma’s ?  (Read 9542 times)

Offline faithlilly

Did Madeleine Spend Christmas Alone at Her Grandma’s ?
« on: October 09, 2018, 07:18:22 PM »
On another thread it was mentioned that Madeleine spending Christmas alone with her grandmother may have been the catalyst for this question from the PJ.

41 --- Asked whether or not it is true that in England she was thinking to deliver MADELEINE into the custody [guardianship] of a family member, she did not respond.

This assumption seems to have come from an interview in the Daily Record with Madeleine’s Scottish grandmother in which she said

“When she was two, Madeleine spent Christmas at my house and it was lovely.

"The next year, the family came up for New Year but on Christmas Day Madeleine called and said she'd got a kitchen from Santa. She was very excited and said 'I'm going to make some tea'."

For me it’s obvious that Mrs McCann only mentioned Madeleine because that’s who she was specifically asked about. There is nothing to suggest that Madeleine’s parents and siblings weren’t there too.

That being said there is no way that this could have possibly been the catalyst for question 41.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Online Eleanor

Re: Did Madeleine Spend Christmas Alone at Her Grandma’s ?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2018, 07:35:25 PM »
On another thread it was mentioned that Madeleine spending Christmas alone with her grandmother may have been the catalyst for this question from the PJ.

41 --- Asked whether or not it is true that in England she was thinking to deliver MADELEINE into the custody [guardianship] of a family member, she did not respond.

This assumption seems to have come from an interview in the Daily Record with Madeleine’s Scottish grandmother in which she said

“When she was two, Madeleine spent Christmas at my house and it was lovely.

"The next year, the family came up for New Year but on Christmas Day Madeleine called and said she'd got a kitchen from Santa. She was very excited and said 'I'm going to make some tea'."

For me it’s obvious that Mrs McCann only mentioned Madeleine because that’s who she was specifically asked about. There is nothing to suggest that Madeleine’s parents and siblings weren’t there too.

That being said there is no way that this could have possibly been the catalyst for question 41.

Who knows what The Portuguese Investigation misunderstood.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2018, 07:40:21 PM »
Who knows what The Portuguese Investigation misunderstood.

Or what they didn’t.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Online Eleanor

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2018, 07:43:55 PM »
Or what they didn’t.

This is true.  It was all a bit of a mess.

Offline jassi

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2018, 08:02:39 PM »
Maybe, maybe not. Has OG done much better?
They've certainly ticked a lot of boxes and flown a lot of air miles but are they any nearer a solution?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Online Eleanor

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2018, 08:14:03 PM »

Okay.  Let's take this seriously.  Is there any suggestion that The McCanns wished to pass Madeleine to someone else to raise?

Saying that any such suggestion hasn't been documented simply will not do.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2018, 08:17:59 PM »
Okay.  Let's take this seriously.  Is there any suggestion that The McCanns wished to pass Madeleine to someone else to raise?

It’s unlikely that such a suggestion would have emanted from the McCanns themselves, so who came forward to tell the PJ that the McCanns planned to give Madeleine up to someone else to raise and why is this information not in the files?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline jassi

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2018, 08:27:46 PM »
It’s unlikely that such a suggestion would have emanted from the McCanns themselves, so who came forward to tell the PJ that the McCanns planned to give Madeleine up to someone else to raise and why is this information not in the files?

Perhaps  a comment was made to the Leicester-shire police, rather than the PJ
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Online Eleanor

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2018, 08:32:35 PM »
Perhaps  a comment was made to the Leicester-shire police, rather than the PJ

By whom?

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2018, 08:33:17 PM »

Why should it be in the files? What evidence do you have it is not on the files........did you go to Portimao Court with Brietta to read the files?
Alternatively some public spirited citizen may have phoned Crimestoppers, which as I understand it remains anonymous. Then by some circuitous route involving a British police force on to the PJ.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2018, 08:33:34 PM »

Did she have 3 kids under 4 and working full time and then come home to do the cooking etc.  -  I don't blame her if she felt a bit stressed.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline jassi

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2018, 08:39:18 PM »
By whom?

A friend, a neighbour, a family member, Social Services - who knows ? If it happened.

Or maybe not -

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2018, 08:42:42 PM »
Why should it be in the files? What evidence do you have it is not on the files........did you go to Portimao Court with Brietta to read the files?
Alternatively some public spirited citizen may have phoned Crimestoppers, which as I understand it remains anonymous. Then by some circuitous route involving a British police force on to the PJ.
Strange that Amaral omitted such a potentially relevant detail out of his damning book.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline xtina

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2018, 08:52:43 PM »
Did she have 3 kids under 4 and working full time and then come home to do the cooking etc.  -  I don't blame her if she felt a bit stressed.

If you have three children....... you have three children...

Children don't ask to come....you have them....

In kgmcc case, they went the extra mile to have them.....

To not want one of them with you at Christmas is terrible ...there is no..no excuse...

my post is in my opinion........
Always listen to both sides of the story before you judge.

The first storyteller you will always find has modified the story, for there benefit BE WISE.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2018, 09:15:51 PM »
If you have three children....... you have three children...

Children don't ask to come....you have them....

In kgmcc case, they went the extra mile to have them.....

To not want one of them with you at Christmas is terrible ...there is no..no excuse...

my post is in my opinion........
Is that what happened then?  Madeleine cast out by her parents over Christmas?  I must admit this is news to me.