Author Topic: Oscar Pistorius trial commences in Pretoria, South Africa. Includes Court video.  (Read 150673 times)

Offline John

Olympic sprinter Oscar Pistorius pleads not guilty as murder trial opens.

Oscar Pistorius is watched by June Steenkamp, 2nd right, the mother of Reeva Steenkamp, as he arrives for his trial at the
High Court in Pretoria, South Africa. Pistorius is charged with murder with premeditation in the shooting death of his model
girlfriend Steenkamp in the pre-dawn hours of St Valentine's Day 2013.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 08:11:46 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Myster

Oscar Pistorious trial can be viewed 'live' from 8:00am GMT here...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/oscar-pistorius/10668819/Watch-live-Oscar-Pistorius-murder-trial.html

I think this is without the hassle of having to subscribe/sign-in/pay, unlike one or two other channels.

Unless 'The Telegraph' require any of the above just before the trial begins !
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 07:12:03 AM by Myster »
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline Angelo222

Does anyone know what the actual charge or charges are against him?
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

stephen25000

Does anyone know what the actual charge or charges are against him?

Just starting now on sky news.

Count 1.

Charge of murder.

Count 2 .

Contravention of the misuse of firearms act.

Offline Carana

Oscar Pistorious trial can be viewed 'live' from 8:00am GMT here...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/oscar-pistorius/10668819/Watch-live-Oscar-Pistorius-murder-trial.html

I think this is without the hassle of having to subscribe/sign-in/pay, unlike one or two other channels.

Unless 'The Telegraph' require any of the above just before the trial begins !

Thanks for the link, Myster.

Offline Myster

Thanks for the link, Myster.

A better link is this one to Sky News - the Telegraph one was a bit fussy for me.

Click on the right hand LIVE PRETORIA screen first....

http://news.sky.com/story/1219982/oscar-pistorius-pleads-not-guilty-to-murder

It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline colombosstogey

Interesting that his neighbour said they heard BLOOD CURDLING SCREAMS, then 4 shots....

Offline Tim Invictus

Don't you just hate pedantic defense councils! The neighbour sounds perfectly decent, educated and honest but the defense still have to attack her testomony!

Redblossom

Don't you just hate pedantic defense councils! The neighbour sounds perfectly decent, educated and honest but the defense still have to attack her testomony!

Yes

The point is though he tried to shake her and make her "slip up" and failed very miserably. She stood her ground, good woman. He came across as a bit of a bufoon.

8((()*/

Offline Carana

Interesting that his neighbour said they heard BLOOD CURDLING SCREAMS, then 4 shots....

I hope that there will be a transcript, as that seems to have been a bone of contention.

Offline Sherlock Holmes

I hope that there will be a transcript, as that seems to have been a bone of contention.

So much is resting on her testimony, and the testimonies of others in the vicinity that night.

The defense have built their case around the claim that there were no arguments between the couple and that therefore there is an absence of motive for premeditated murder.

There were no witnesses on the scene so her evidence is crucial.

stephen25000

So much is resting on her testimony, and the testimonies of others in the vicinity that night.

The defense have built their case around the claim that there were no arguments between the couple and that therefore there is an absence of motive for premeditated murder.

There were no witnesses on the scene so her evidence is crucial.

I completely agree Sherlock.

Did you watch the footage of Pistorius on sky news yesterday ?

Quite 'happy'  and competent when using weapons.

Redblossom

He's always looked quite happy and smug in general, (post events) really cant get my head around His smirky face!

stephen25000

He's always looked quite happy and smug in general, (post events) really cant get my head around His smirky face!

Yes Redblossom, I agree.

He had the same smirk on his face coming out of court today.

Offline Sherlock Holmes

He does indeed seem to be comfortable using weapons; there are many reports of this. Even though owning firearms is relatively common in South Africa, he does appear to have been interested in them above and beyond owning them for defense.

I didn't see the footage yesterday on Sky, stephen, but I have been  following the case closely since last year.