Author Topic: Glyn Razzell and the murder of his wife Linda Razzell in 2002.  (Read 13513 times)

Offline Caroline

Re: Glyn Razzell and the murder of his wife Linda Razzell in 2002.
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2018, 02:28:27 PM »
Point taken, Caroline!

I do wonder how reliable the forensic evidence in this case actually is: neither Linda, nor her body were present when the blood was supposedly matched to her.

I also find it very strange that the blood was only noticed after the car had been examined thoroughly, and cleaned by its owner.

I also find it odd that no other evidence of Linda's presence was found in the car.

https://glynrazzell.org.uk/case-overview

https://insidetime.org/the-case-of-glyn-razzell/

You don't need the body of someone to test for DNA.

I guess they didn't find blood because they weren't initially looking for it. The blood spatter experts in the programme said they would have been easily missed. I don't think it's unusual for police to search something more than once.

We don't know that there was no other presence - remember the sweepings?

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
  • Thinking outside the box, as usual-------
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2018, 01:50:55 PM »
You don't need the body of someone to test for DNA.

I guess they didn't find blood because they weren't initially looking for it. The blood spatter experts in the programme said they would have been easily missed. I don't think it's unusual for police to search something more than once.

We don't know that there was no other presence - remember the sweepings?

Yes----the "hooverings"  as Louise Shorter referred to them.  I know she couldn't get access to them, but were they never analysed by anyone at the time?

I don't believe blood was never looked for : the car was examined thoroughly at the time, and, if Woffinden is to be believed, the police found "no evidence of blood or recent cleaning." If the police believed Linda had been harmed or killed, they would certainly have been looking for blood, among other things .

Why examine the car yet again, having found nothing incriminating previously, and why examine it after its owner had cleaned it?

Luminol destroys the sample being tested, so it cannot be tested again, nor can anyone challenge the expert's findings. How convenient!

Offline Caroline

« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2018, 02:02:07 PM »
Yes----the "hooverings"  as Louise Shorter referred to them.  I know she couldn't get access to them, but were they never analysed by anyone at the time?

I don't believe blood was never looked for : the car was examined thoroughly at the time, and, if Woffinden is to be believed, the police found "no evidence of blood or recent cleaning." If the police believed Linda had been harmed or killed, they would certainly have been looking for blood, among other things .

Why examine the car yet again, having found nothing incriminating previously, and why examine it after its owner had cleaned it?

Luminol destroys the sample being tested, so it cannot be tested again, nor can anyone challenge the expert's findings. How convenient!

OK, when they used Luminol, they wouldn't have covered the whole of the boot in it. Once the blood was detected they would have used other methods to obtain samples for testing - otherwise they wouldn't have been able to back-up the claim that DNA matched Linda's. They have to show evidence just saying the blood matched Linda's woud hardly have stood against a defence cross examination without evidence.

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2018, 05:25:11 PM »
OK, when they used Luminol, they wouldn't have covered the whole of the boot in it. Once the blood was detected they would have used other methods to obtain samples for testing - otherwise they wouldn't have been able to back-up the claim that DNA matched Linda's. They have to show evidence just saying the blood matched Linda's woud hardly have stood against a defence cross examination without evidence.

Do you know if the forensic evidence was cross examined by the defence?  I can't find much about the trial !!

Offline Caroline

« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2018, 10:13:43 AM »
Do you know if the forensic evidence was cross examined by the defence?  I can't find much about the trial !!

It would have been, that's the point of a defense. No, there isn't that much online and newspapers can often be misleading.

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2018, 10:35:33 PM »
It would have been, that's the point of a defense. No, there isn't that much online and newspapers can often be misleading.

Well, ideally, that's the point of a defence-------------

Offline Caroline

« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2018, 01:01:24 PM »

Well, ideally, that's the point of a defence-------------

I don't hear anyone (including Razzell himself), complaining that it wasn't.

Offline IndigoJ

« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2018, 03:25:09 PM »
Watched this programme last night , imo he is guilty, refusing to take the polygraph plus his weak alibi and blood in the boot did it for me. It's a classic case of violence against spouse , a shame she didn't succeed in getting a conviction when he was violent to her previously.

Offline AerialHunter

« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2018, 10:14:34 AM »
He does back off when he’s going to be confronted. I offered to drive down to have a chat with him but he refused on account of it not being of any advantage to him. He did have a point though, but I maintained that Linda Razzell was a victim of our primary suspect but this was only based on the fact that he had recently moved his place of work to the immediate vicinity where Razzell’s car was parked when she, like the others, completely disappeared.
There is none so noble or in receipt of his fellows unbridled adulation as that police officer who willingly deceives to protect one of his own kind and, by virtue of birthright, extends that privilege to his family.

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2018, 05:38:41 PM »
He does back off when he’s going to be confronted. I offered to drive down to have a chat with him but he refused on account of it not being of any advantage to him. He did have a point though, but I maintained that Linda Razzell was a victim of our primary suspect but this was only based on the fact that he had recently moved his place of work to the immediate vicinity where Razzell’s car was parked when she, like the others, completely disappeared.

Do you think he is guilty, AH?

Offline AerialHunter

« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2018, 05:54:34 PM »
No, I don’t believe he is guilty. What I do believe is that he isn’t the slightest bit sorry for her, if somebody murdered her he would doubtless have permitted himself a self satisfied smug grin. Razzell has followed the line that she staged her own disappearance and there are some witness statements to support that notion but no hard evidence either way. I think he’s naturally suspicious of people that want to talk to him, give his position I’m rather sympathetic to that but you know who was in the area and it’s got to be a real consideration overall.

AH
There is none so noble or in receipt of his fellows unbridled adulation as that police officer who willingly deceives to protect one of his own kind and, by virtue of birthright, extends that privilege to his family.

Offline IndigoJ

« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2018, 08:58:46 PM »
totally unbelievable that she staged her own disappearance   *%87 he's 100 % guilty imo

Offline AerialHunter

« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2018, 04:32:19 PM »
I think you're right Indigo, it would be very difficult for a woman to walk away from her own children like that and start a new life, undiscovered. But I also, having walked the route along that alleyway / mini road that Razzell would have taken, can not perceive where such an attack as a violet assault, abduction, and placing a perhaps unconscious or dead person into the boot of a Laguna could have been carried off without someone seeing something. I think she was planning to meet someone she already knew, someone in her own field of work who has both a predisposition to execute his unsuspecting victims and has repeatedly demonstrated a willingness to leave evidence for the police to follow up on. He has identifiably given two specific names to the police and both those unsuspecting suspects discovered what the blind, procedural loving, gullible boys in blue will do to try and get a conviction on them.

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2018, 04:47:31 PM »
I think you're right Indigo, it would be very difficult for a woman to walk away from her own children like that and start a new life, undiscovered. But I also, having walked the route along that alleyway / mini road that Razzell would have taken, can not perceive where such an attack as a violet assault, abduction, and placing a perhaps unconscious or dead person into the boot of a Laguna could have been carried off without someone seeing something. I think she was planning to meet someone she already knew, someone in her own field of work who has both a predisposition to execute his unsuspecting victims and has repeatedly demonstrated a willingness to leave evidence for the police to follow up on. He has identifiably given two specific names to the police and both those unsuspecting suspects discovered what the blind, procedural loving, gullible boys in blue will do to try and get a conviction on them.

I understand what you are saying, AH.

I don't believe Glyn Razzell is guilty, and I have spent a lot of time this week investigating the case.

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2019, 06:51:02 PM »

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6740011/

Interesting----------------