Author Topic: Strange Witness Statements  (Read 591892 times)

Offline pathfinder73

Re: Strange Witness Statements
« Reply #240 on: December 18, 2013, 08:50:15 PM »
Jane Tanner the Invisible Woman or is it Dynamo in disguise  8-)(--) 8-)(--) 8-)(--)

« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 08:54:14 PM by pathfinder73 »
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

AnneGuedes

« Reply #241 on: December 18, 2013, 09:08:44 PM »
Have you heard of the eyes of the night ? Those that can see but aren't seen ?

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #242 on: December 18, 2013, 09:15:09 PM »
Nope I call it as I see it. I know what is possible and in that situation her walking past without being noticed isn't it. I'm wondering if she followed the back path around to the front which was her usual route so why would she change it? I'm now wondering if she came through the path in the middle of the apartment blocks and caught the man walking across the car park entrance in front of the apartments?
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 09:23:01 PM by pathfinder73 »
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #243 on: December 18, 2013, 09:26:07 PM »
That image positions both male actors on the pavement and blocking the pavement which is completely incorrect when compared to the to the witness JT's actual statements.
JT gives the positions of the two men, firstly in the the map she and the PJ drew in situ in the early hours of  5th May, then again in her second statement, then again repeatedly in her rogatory statement. Consistently she states that one man was standing in the roadway  not on the pavement, and that the other man was standing either at the outer edge of the pavement, or just off the pavement on the roadway. (IMO the latter is more likely to correct).
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 09:39:49 PM by pegasus »

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #244 on: December 18, 2013, 09:27:32 PM »
Do you think you would leave your child's pram on the road or the pavement?

"I met him near some stairs and a ground floor flat. There was a gate leading up to some stairs." (JW 7 May statement)
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 09:31:31 PM by pathfinder73 »

AnneGuedes

« Reply #245 on: December 18, 2013, 09:33:49 PM »
Nope I call it as I see it. I know what is possible and in that situation her walking past without being noticed isn't it. I'm wondering if she followed the back path around to the front which was her usual route so why would she change it? I'm now wondering if she came through the path in the middle of the apartment blocks and caught the man walking across the car park entrance in front of the apartments?
What do you mean ?
Ms Tanner either saw Smithman or Innocentman.
In either case she "adjusted" this sighting in order to orientate the PJ in the direction she thought was right. It was then extremely gentle from DCI RW not to force her to admit that.
I'm prone to think she saw Smithman though, because of this mental block on the face.

AnneGuedes

« Reply #246 on: December 18, 2013, 09:36:50 PM »
Do you think you would leave your child's pram on the road or the pavement?

Definitively on the pavement.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #247 on: December 18, 2013, 09:40:19 PM »
What do you mean ?
Ms Tanner either saw Smithman or Innocentman.
In either case she "adjusted" this sighting in order to orientate the PJ in the direction she thought was right. It was then extremely gentle from DCI RW not to force her to admit that.
I'm prone to think she saw Smithman though, because of this mental block on the face.

Smithman is a possibility and would explain the big discrepancy and possibly covering for someone. But I think JT was getting her head filled with all sorts of information from the others such as what pyjamas Madeleine was wearing. Because of the pressure of the sighting being Madeleine in her eyes and alcohol intake she may have got confused on where she actually saw the man.

Nelson Filipe Pacheco da Costa (GNR Patrol)

At that moment a female individual, he did not know whether she was a member of the group of friends, who was in the neighbouring apartment, said that she saw an individual carrying a child, running, and that because of the pyjamas she was wearing it could have been Madeleine. It was in these circumstances that abduction began to be talked about. He made a report about this situation and sent it to the police.

This sighting did not seem to him to be very credible, because when he asked her about the physical characteristics of the individual, she said it was very dark, however she saw the pyjamas clearly.'

Sylvia Batista (Ocean Club Manager/Translator)

'At a given moment, the deponent translated the deposition from one of the ladies that belonged to the group of English people, namely one that she indicates as being a brunette. This lady told the GNR officers, and the deponent translated, that she had seen a man crossing the road, possibly carrying a child. The deponent found that situation strange because she was convinced that when she saw this man, the lady was positioned in a spot that has no viewing angle to the location where she had seen the man. She doesn't know exactly where the lady was positioned when she saw the man passing by, but she knows that she indicated that she saw him passing on the street that lies in front of the window to the bedroom where Madeleine was, walking into the direction of the street that leads to the Baptista supermarket.'
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 09:51:31 PM by pathfinder73 »

AnneGuedes

« Reply #248 on: December 18, 2013, 09:52:00 PM »
I think JT was getting her head filled with all sorts of information from the others such as what pyjamas Madeleine was wearing.
I think Ms Tanner is an honest person. She wanted to help. She's easy to manipulate though, a documentary that shows it.

AnneGuedes

« Reply #249 on: December 18, 2013, 09:54:52 PM »
she (Silvia) knows that she (Jane) indicated that she saw him passing on the street that lies in front of the window to the bedroom where Madeleine was, walking into the direction of the street that leads to the Baptista supermarket.'
This is Agostinho da Silva, but not crossing Francisco Gentil Martins.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #250 on: December 18, 2013, 09:58:21 PM »
Thanks so that's going  in the other direction towards the wasteland? If that is so and if it was Smithman then Jane saw him crossing the car park entrance in front of the apartments/Madeleine's bedroom window IMO. Not the position on her map but she was on the path in the middle or in front of the apartment when she saw him running past the entrance towards the wasteland.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 10:09:04 PM by pathfinder73 »

AnneGuedes

« Reply #251 on: December 18, 2013, 10:10:24 PM »
Ms Tanner didn't say which direction..
I've a feeling she heard noises following the alarm and went out of her flat. She might have seen Smithman then.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #252 on: December 18, 2013, 10:17:58 PM »
I think Smithman moved her between 9-9.10pm towards the wasteland passing that front car park entrance (coming from the back/side gate) and later moved her again at 10pm. If that was him that Jane spotted in front of Madeleine's bedroom and going towards the wasteland he didn't use a bag but ran with her.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 10:23:53 PM by pathfinder73 »

Offline pegasus

« Reply #253 on: December 18, 2013, 10:20:23 PM »
Often people stand slightly in the roadway chatting.
Surely it depends on the amount of traffic, and speed of traffic, and whether there are parked cars.
I can show you film of many people standing slightly in the roadway chatting even when there is no parked cars..
For example here is a movie of Mr M chatting in the middle of that exact road (and yes it is open to traffic)
At time 3:05 in http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUFliqAUJFs

AnneGuedes

« Reply #254 on: December 18, 2013, 10:23:49 PM »
I think Smithman moved her between 9-9.10pm towards the wasteland passing that front car park entrance (coming from the back/side gate) and later moved her again at 10pm.
Oh yes, I remember, and you might be right. Then he took the path and after turning right turned left toward the G4 car park. But then Ms Tanner can't have seen him. In that case she saw Innocentman..