Author Topic: Strange Witness Statements  (Read 591765 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: Strange Witness Statements
« Reply #975 on: April 16, 2015, 09:21:20 PM »
Gerald McCann was very keen to make sure that Jeremy Wilkins gave evidence;

Several weeks later, Jeremy received calls from Gerry in relation to gaining permission from him to use his name in a portfolio of evidence being compiled by an organization employed by the McCanns. They were very persistent and made several attempts to contact him both at work and at home. They had no objection to being included but were concerned as to the method being used.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/JEREMY_BRIGET.htm

He crossed the road and engaged in general conversation with Gerry. At this time they were stood with Gerry's back to the building near to the gate and Jeremy facing him. Rua Dr Agostino was about 10-15 meters to his right and the pathway leading to the front of the apartment blocks about 5 meters to his left.
He was adamant that he did not see any one else in the area. When spoken to in reference to Jane Tanner walking by, he again stated that he saw no one.

Jeremy Wilkins drew a sketch of where the two men stopped and spoke;

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/9of8-ecf89375.gif

He also provided a sketch showing where he saw Gerald McCann 'on the Thursday'. It appears to be near the Millenium complex;

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/P2/02_VOLUME_IIa_Page_505.jpg

Finally, if it was agreement with the timeline that Gerald McCann wanted, that was not forthcoming;

As stated in my original deposition, I believe that I left the apartment around 20h30. I calculate that I met Gerry on the road between 20h45 and 21h15. I am aware of the importance of this hour and am also aware that the media announced our meeting time as 21h05. Even if this were correct, I have no idea from where such information originated. It is not possible to give you a more exact time.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/JEREMY-WILKINS-ROGATORY.htm

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #976 on: April 16, 2015, 09:25:01 PM »

In my opinion it was later on the Tuesday night that the children cried,   Kate said Amelie woke crying and woke Sean and Madeleine,  it was about 12 o'clock.

In my opinion it was Amelie who woke first,  then Sean woke and cried followed by Madeleine shouting 'Daddy'  I think it was this night that Madeleine was talking about when she said 'why didn't you come when me and Sean cried'.     I don't think Madeleine said 'when Sean and me cried last night'   did she as Kate and Gerry were trying to think when they had cried.

Children get confused and Madeleine could have meant the Tuesday night episode as it was the only time Sean and Madeleine were woken up.

Which is exactly why the McCanns told the story of Madeleine coming through to their bed. Confusion is good Gerry claimed. Your post has just proved it.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #977 on: April 16, 2015, 09:41:41 PM »
That's fine, you just carry on making up your stories, I'm sure no one minds at all.  8((()*/

If we read Lace's story it is full of 'I think' ;In my opinion'; 'I don't think and 'Could have'. Pure opinion unable to be verified at all.

Pathfinder is quoting things able to be confirmed. He quotes what Matt, Rachael and Mrs Fenn say; he mentions the twins sleeping through the turmoil on the Thursday. All verifiable by reference to their statements.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Brietta

« Reply #978 on: April 16, 2015, 11:27:42 PM »

Several weeks later, Jeremy received calls from Gerry in relation to gaining permission from him to use his name in a portfolio of evidence being compiled by an organization employed by the McCanns. They were very persistent and made several attempts to contact him both at work and at home. They had no objection to being included but were concerned as to the method being used.

He crossed the road and engaged in general conversation with Gerry. At this time they were stood with Gerry's back to the building near to the gate and Jeremy facing him. Rua Dr Agostino was about 10-15 meters to his right and the pathway leading to the front of the apartment blocks about 5 meters to his left.
He was adamant that he did not see any one else in the area. When spoken to in reference to Jane Tanner walking by, he again stated that he saw no one.

He also provided a sketch showing where he saw Gerald McCann 'on the Thursday'. It appears to be near the Millenium complex;

Finally, if it was agreement with the timeline that Gerald McCann wanted, that was not forthcoming;

As stated in my original deposition, I believe that I left the apartment around 20h30. I calculate that I met Gerry on the road between 20h45 and 21h15. I am aware of the importance of this hour and am also aware that the media announced our meeting time as 21h05. Even if this were correct, I have no idea from where such information originated. It is not possible to give you a more exact time.

They had no objection to being included but were concerned as to the method being used.

I too would have had no objection at all to be included had I been a witness.

I too would have been concerned about the method used: and to qualify why I would have been concerned is to realise that I would have been utterly disgusted that the victims of crime, were being forced to use their own investigative resources to continue to search for their daughter ... because the official investigative body had effectively washed their hands of investigating Madeleine McCann's disappearance.

Nothing strange about that.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #979 on: April 16, 2015, 11:43:00 PM »
They had no objection to being included but were concerned as to the method being used.

I too would have had no objection at all to be included had I been a witness.

I too would have been concerned about the method used: and to qualify why I would have been concerned is to realise that I would have been utterly disgusted that the victims of crime, were being forced to use their own investigative resources to continue to search for their daughter ... because the official investigative body had effectively washed their hands of investigating Madeleine McCann's disappearance.

Nothing strange about that.

Why you would have been concerned is neither here nor there. Below is why Wilkins was concerned.

'
Several weeks later, Jeremy received calls from Gerry in relation to gaining permission from him to use his name in a portfolio of evidence being compiled by an organization employed by the McCanns. They were very persistent and made several attempts to contact him both at work and at home. They had no objection to being included but were concerned as to the method being used.'

So who was compiling evidence so early in the case and why ?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 12:01:22 AM by Faithlilly »
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline sadie

« Reply #980 on: April 17, 2015, 01:27:37 AM »

What the hell is this image about?   It says nothing.

And it certainly says nothing about Gerry being near the Millenium restaurant , as far as I can see.

Is a new new myth being formed?

Offline Benice

« Reply #981 on: April 17, 2015, 07:57:03 AM »
Which is exactly why the McCanns told the story of Madeleine coming through to their bed. Confusion is good Gerry claimed. Your post has just proved it.

When did Gerry claim that 'confusion is good'?  Cite please.
The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #982 on: April 17, 2015, 08:05:41 AM »
If we read Lace's story it is full of 'I think' ;In my opinion'; 'I don't think and 'Could have'. Pure opinion unable to be verified at all.

Pathfinder is quoting things able to be confirmed. He quotes what Matt, Rachael and Mrs Fenn say; he mentions the twins sleeping through the turmoil on the Thursday. All verifiable by reference to their statements.
He also gives us lots of detail presented as fact for which there is no evidence.  Smithman ran to the wasteground to collect the body he'd placed there earlier in the evening, for instance.

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #983 on: April 17, 2015, 08:32:27 AM »

When did Gerry claim that 'confusion is good'?  Cite please.

It's an abbreviation for...

Gerry McCann: "The current level of activity, you know, I think you're absolutely right, there is a huge amount of innuendo which is being presented in various ways, suggesting that there may be evidence or facts behind it and there are none, and our opinion of what happened that night has not changed. We know certain facts, unfortunately because of the criminal investigation, we can't divulge them, and I want to make it absolutely clear, the reasons why we're not divulging the information; we will not make it easier for the perpetrator to cover their tracks. The police have all the information and we have bared our soul to them, and we'll continue to assist them in any way possible, but, you know, we have to keep silent.  And, in fact, one of the slight positives in... in all of this is that there is so much rumour about what did and didn't happen, it's actually very difficult, if you're reading the newspapers, watching TV, to know what is true and what's not."
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

stephen25000

« Reply #984 on: April 17, 2015, 08:39:54 AM »

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #985 on: April 17, 2015, 08:52:59 AM »
That's fine, you just carry on making up your stories, I'm sure no one minds at all.  8((()*/

It's a theory on how Madeleine disappeared all connected from evidence from the PJ files. SY have told you who is their prime suspect and it's the same as mine. The unidentified man seen by the Smith family.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Lace

« Reply #986 on: April 17, 2015, 09:16:07 AM »

Of course I say in my opinion as I was not there.

My opinion is the only one that makes sense to me,   Kate McCann was in the room with the children on the Wednesday night so she would have heard if any of the children were awake.

Mrs. Fenn said she heard a child crying,   older than a baby,   this crying went on for three quarters of an hour.   I can't imagine a child crying for that length of time and not waking the other children in the room.  Mrs. Fenn said the crying got louder,  well if Amelie had woken up with a bit of grizzling then gone back to sleep,  and had woken Sean then that would account for that,  then Madeleine woke up and cried 'Daddy'.   

Why wouldn't you think that Mrs. Fenn could have got the time confused?   she said she was watching the news,  well maybe the news didn't finish until 11 in which time Amelie could have woken up.   Toddlers tend to have a grizzle have a sleep another grizzle etc.

Offline Benice

« Reply #987 on: April 17, 2015, 09:28:44 AM »
It's an abbreviation for...
 And, in fact, one of the slight positives in... in all of this is that there is so much rumour about what did and didn't happen, it's actually very difficult, if you're reading the newspapers, watching TV, to know what is true and what's not."
Unquote

Thanks for that Starti.   IOW the fact that so many different claims were being made in the media meant that  any reasonably intelligent person would realise that they couldn't all be right - even if they wouldn't be able to distinguish between which articles - if any - were correct and which were rumours and in some cases downright lies.    But at least it would make them wonder about the veracity of the claims.

In view of the massive lies being printed at the time  - I can see how Gerry thought that was a 'slight positive'.   At least it proved that not everything being reported in the media could be the true facts - and people would realise that.

The often made claim that Gerry said 'confusion is good' - is not only untrue but is a good example of people deliberately taking an innocent remark out of context for the purpose of distorting its meaning so that they can then triumphantly hold it up as proof of 'dodgy' behaviour by the McCanns.      Pathetic and underhanded tactics IMO.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #988 on: April 17, 2015, 09:31:13 AM »
Of course I say in my opinion as I was not there.

My opinion is the only one that makes sense to me,   Kate McCann was in the room with the children on the Wednesday night so she would have heard if any of the children were awake.

Mrs. Fenn said she heard a child crying,   older than a baby,   this crying went on for three quarters of an hour.   I can't imagine a child crying for that length of time and not waking the other children in the room.  Mrs. Fenn said the crying got louder,  well if Amelie had woken up with a bit of grizzling then gone back to sleep,  and had woken Sean then that would account for that,  then Madeleine woke up and cried 'Daddy'.   

Why wouldn't you think that Mrs. Fenn could have got the time confused?   she said she was watching the news,  well maybe the news didn't finish until 11 in which time Amelie could have woken up.   Toddlers tend to have a grizzle have a sleep another grizzle etc.

10:30 to 11:45. 75 minutes.

She never told the McCann's that she had heard their daughter crying previously on 1st May because she thought it would just increase their suffering.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/PAMELA_FENN.htm

Tuesday 1st May 2007

Kate McCanns mobile was next activated six times, in rapid fire, between 22.16 and 22.27, after she had returned to Apartment 5A after dinner. The antenna traffic proves that these calls were not made to any of the 'Tapas 9'.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/DELETED_CALLS.htm
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 09:34:02 AM by pathfinder73 »
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Benice

« Reply #989 on: April 17, 2015, 09:54:18 AM »
10:30 to 11:45. 75 minutes.

She never told the McCann's that she had heard their daughter crying previously on 1st May because she thought it would just increase their suffering.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/PAMELA_FENN.htm

Tuesday 1st May 2007

Kate McCanns mobile was next activated six times, in rapid fire, between 22.16 and 22.27, after she had returned to Apartment 5A after dinner. The antenna traffic proves that these calls were not made to any of the 'Tapas 9'.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/DELETED_CALLS.htm

It seems inexplicable that  the PJ didn't interview Mrs Fenn as a matter of urgency - as she was virtually the McCanns next door neighbour.    IIRC it was several months down the line before she was interviewed.   

Surely Mrs. Fenn's phone records would have verified the date/time/length of her phone call to her friend and also confirm that Mrs Fenn was not mistaken re her dates.   Was that ever officially established by the PJ?