Author Topic: Strange Witness Statements  (Read 591915 times)

Offline pathfinder73

Re: Strange Witness Statements
« Reply #1230 on: May 06, 2015, 07:27:39 AM »

Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1231 on: May 06, 2015, 07:45:28 AM »
White Pyjamas Report

Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1232 on: May 08, 2015, 09:37:22 AM »

Crying children figure quite a lot in the excoriating comments directed at Madeleine McCann's mother. 

I wonder what action was taken to investigate the crying child reported to the GNR by someone called
 Robert, acting in his role as a translator?

Seems no note was taken of of the date or time of the phone call ~ what action was taken ~ or what the outcome was.

Witness Statement

Date: 2007/05/16

Paolo Jorge Carvaihosa da Costa

**snip
There many people at the scene but nobody particularly drew his attention.

When asked he said that he never saw Robert Murat in all the times he visited the scene.

He does remember however, that on a day he cannot recall, an individual who identified himself as Robert, saying that he was in P da L as a translator helping the PJ, phoned the Lagos post saying:

That some foreign women, who had already been interviewed by the police, had phoned him, telling him that there was a child crying in an apartment near to them.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/PAOLO_COSTA.htm
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Lace

« Reply #1233 on: May 08, 2015, 01:59:13 PM »
I notice on that first video Pfinder that Kate says Madeleine said 'why didn't you come when Sean and me were crying'   notice there is no 'last night'   I am sure that is what Kate said and the 'last night' bit was added in.   Which makes me more or less sure that Madeleine meant the Tuesday night when Amelie woke her and Sean up.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1234 on: May 08, 2015, 02:40:47 PM »
I notice on that first video Pfinder that Kate says Madeleine said 'why didn't you come when Sean and me were crying'   notice there is no 'last night'   I am sure that is what Kate said and the 'last night' bit was added in.   Which makes me more or less sure that Madeleine meant the Tuesday night when Amelie woke her and Sean up.

I've given up a bit on PFs enigmatic video posts, Lace ... don't know if he is on commission or not and I'm not sure in what way recordings of interviews equate with 'witness statements'.

I would be really interested to know if the child reportedly heard crying in the throes of an investigation into a missing child received any response or action enabling elimination from the inquiry.
I think that is far more apposite than continued snide posts about a child crying, with reference to a child who was obviously at the time in question unharmed and unfazed.

Put simply, the translator Robert passed on information as verified by the GNR officer ... was it actioned in any way?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1235 on: May 08, 2015, 03:27:59 PM »
A way for police to check which night the child was describing (given that the lady witness upstairs has sadly passed away) is to simply request the landline records from Portugal Telecom for 5g for the late evenings of May 1st and May 2nd, to see which night the phonecall to friend EG was.

Offline DCI

• Why are some folks so sick in the head!!!
« Reply #1236 on: May 08, 2015, 03:37:36 PM »
A way for police to check which night the child was describing (given that the lady witness upstairs has sadly passed away) is to simply request the landline records from Portugal Telecom for 5g for the late evenings of May 1st and May 2nd, to see which night the phonecall to friend EG was.

A better way to check, Pegasus,  is ask Edna Glyn to aquire her phone records. Or even Murat, if she did phone him.
Kate's 500 Mile Cycle Challenge

https://www.justgiving.com/KateMcCann/

Offline misty

« Reply #1237 on: May 08, 2015, 03:42:45 PM »
A better way to check, Pegasus,  is ask Edna Glyn to aquire her phone records. Or even Murat, if she did phone him.

Mrs F's phone number is on her statement. RMs phone records are in the files. Over to you, Pegasus....

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1238 on: May 08, 2015, 04:38:17 PM »
Mrs F's phone number is on her statement. RMs phone records are in the files. Over to you, Pegasus....
Good idea but is there any indication that PF phoned RM on the night she heard it? IMO probably she told him on a later date. So that wouldn't identify the actual night she heard it. But if Portugal Telecom still have database of landline calls 2007, then the call at about 2300 from PF to EG should be in that database, listed for both numbers exactly the date, 1st or 2nd.

Offline Anna

« Reply #1239 on: May 08, 2015, 05:02:05 PM »
Good idea but is there any indication that PF phoned RM on the night she heard it? IMO probably she told him on a later date. So that wouldn't identify the actual night she heard it. But if Portugal Telecom still have database of landline calls 2007, then the call at about 2300 from PF to EG should be in that database, listed for both numbers exactly the date, 1st or 2nd.

Surely this something that the police would have checked out.
“You should not honour men more than truth.”
― Plato

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #1240 on: May 08, 2015, 05:07:57 PM »
Jez  said in his statement "by the gate" which is not the same as "by the alley". Im not sure why you are insisting about a matter of a metre or two here?

By the alleyway allows JT to use the extra width at the entrance to the alleyway to silently sneak past G & J. without smashing in to them as she would have on the narrower part a few metres north.
So softly she came that her feet made no din

"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline misty

« Reply #1241 on: May 08, 2015, 05:21:37 PM »
Surely this something that the police would have checked out.

SY will have checked it out, for sure, just as they will have double-checked exactly what time Sam. M in Exeter called her mother on the morning of the 4th to tell her about the missing little girl.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1242 on: May 08, 2015, 05:34:20 PM »
SY will have checked it out, for sure, just as they will have double-checked exactly what time Sam. M in Exeter called her mother on the morning of the 4th to tell her about the missing little girl.
Maybe SY/PJ have checked the 11pm call in PT landline records, or maybe not, I don't know. Even if they are focussing completely on abduction and burglary theories, it would be important to identify exactly which night the crying was IMO, just in case it is relevant.

Offline DCI

• Why are some folks so sick in the head!!!
« Reply #1243 on: May 08, 2015, 06:39:47 PM »

Murat was translating on the 4th May. He told a little porkie to a GNR officer, saying he was in P da L as a translator.
Why would she phone and tell him at a later date? Lori Campbell reported him on the 6th May.

"He does remember however, that on a day he cannot recall, an individual who identified himself as Robert, saying that he was in P da L as a translator helping the PJ, phoned the Lagos post saying:

That some foreign women, who had already been interviewed by the police, had phoned him, telling him that there was a child crying in an apartment near to them".

No more is said. Reads, ratifies, signs.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/PAOLO_COSTA.htm
Kate's 500 Mile Cycle Challenge

https://www.justgiving.com/KateMcCann/

Offline mercury

« Reply #1244 on: May 08, 2015, 10:43:12 PM »
What is the "porkie" Rob Murat told?