Author Topic: Strange Witness Statements  (Read 591749 times)

Offline Brietta

Re: Strange Witness Statements
« Reply #1425 on: June 18, 2015, 08:48:36 AM »
Ah yes, I'd forgotten that one. The publications Amaral said were restricted to government agencies, but were in fact all available to the public...

Amazing how Mr Amaral's misinformed assertions have stuck in the consciousness of many to the extent they are still being quoted today ... despite rebuttals and evidence to the contrary.

Offhand I can think of quite a few which I have seen being trotted out for another airing in other places ... and I am sure I will have missed many more.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1426 on: June 18, 2015, 09:17:49 AM »
It would be nice to get back to the video, which I haven't seen before. Here we have a man who was 'parachuted' into Praia da Luz by the Foreign Office to 'help' the PJ. He makes a couple of statements which are clearly untrue according to the knowledge we have.  How did he get it so wrong?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Carana

« Reply #1427 on: June 18, 2015, 09:42:07 AM »
CEOP were after Murat and Gamble got sent the holiday photos. I bet the PJ never saw them. The PJ couldn't even get background reports of the British about the McCanns and their friends. They were an absolute disgrace. Then later we find they had crecheman who said it was him in 2007. And the Gaspar statements turn up 6 months later. You can't believe all of these inexcusable mistakes.

- What would the PJ have done with thousands of holiday snaps? CEOP could run them through their software to check for known or suspected offenders - PT didn't have the capability.

- What background checks are you referring to? The UK would have automatically checked if any of them had a criminal record. The UK did run a credit check at the PJ's request (possibly the origin of the "McCanns sold Maddie myth") which Amaral somehow "misinterpreted" to mean that the McCanns didn't have credit cards.

- Its not clear whether crecheman had previously contacted one or both police forces (though it's possible that the UK screwed up on that one).

- There's no way of knowing from the files whether the Gaspar statements were indeed only sent over six months later or whether Paiva couldn't find them. If he didn't know about them, how could he have asked for them?

Offline jassi

« Reply #1428 on: June 18, 2015, 09:45:02 AM »
- What would the PJ have done with thousands of holiday snaps? CEOP could run them through their software to check for known or suspected offenders - PT didn't have the capability.

- What background checks are you referring to? The UK would have automatically checked if any of them had a criminal record. The UK did run a credit check at the PJ's request (possibly the origin of the "McCanns sold Maddie myth") which Amaral somehow "misinterpreted" to mean that the McCanns didn't have credit cards.

- Its not clear whether crecheman had previously contacted one or both police forces (though it's possible that the UK screwed up on that one).

- There's no way of knowing from the files whether the Gaspar statements were indeed only sent over six months later or whether Paiva couldn't find them. If he didn't know about them, how could he have asked for them?

This may very well be true, but they clearly didn't find anything useful, despite the area crawling with sex offenders.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1429 on: June 18, 2015, 09:57:07 AM »
Amazing how Mr Amaral's misinformed assertions have stuck in the consciousness of many to the extent they are still being quoted today ... despite rebuttals and evidence to the contrary.

Offhand I can think of quite a few which I have seen being trotted out for another airing in other places ... and I am sure I will have missed many more.

Chapter 17
IN THE McCANNS’ BEDROOM
The police who searched the house the McCanns were occupying, in particular their bedroom – the room where Gerald set up his office – report that the father and the mother are reacting very differently to the trouble that has befallen them.

Kate seems to be in mourning: numerous photos of Madeleine are pinned to the wall or placed on her bedside table. Spaced between them – as though watching over the child’s soul – a representation of a saint, a crucifix or a rosary can be seen. A bookmark bearing the effigy of a saint is slipped into a copy of the Bible, opening on the second book of Samuel, chapter XII, where the following verses can be read:

“[13] “I have sinned against the Lord,” David said.
Nathan replied, “The Lord forgives you; you will not die. [14] But because you have shown such contempt for the Lord in doing this, your child will die.” [15] Then Nathan went home.
The Lord caused the child that Uriah’s wife had borne to David to become very ill.
[16] David prayed to God that the child would get well. He refused to eat anything and every night he went into his room and spent the night lying on the floor. [17] His court officials went to him and tried to make him get up, but he refused and would not eat anything with them. [18] A week later the child died, and David’s officials were afraid to tell him the news. They said, “While the child was living, David wouldn’t answer us when we spoke to him. How can we tell him that his child is dead? He might do himself some harm!”
[19] When David noticed them whispering to each other, he realized that the child had died. So he asked them, “Is the child dead?”
“Yes, he is,” they answered.
[20] David got up from the floor, had a bath, combed his hair, and changed his clothes. Then he went and worshiped in the house of the Lord. When he returned to the palace, he asked for food and ate it as soon as it was served. [21] “We don’t understand this,” his officials said to him. “While the child was alive, you wept for him and would not eat; but as soon as he died, you got up and ate!”
[22] “Yes,” David answered, “I did fast and weep while he was still alive. I thought that the Lord might be merciful to me and not let the child die. [23] But now that he is dead, why should I fast? Could I bring the child back to life? I will someday go to where he is, but he can never come back to me.”
[24] Then David comforted his wife, Bathsheba. He had intercourse with her, and she bore a son, whom David named Solomon. The Lord loved the boy [25] and commanded the Prophet Nathan to name the boy Jedidiah, because the Lord loved him.”1

For David life had to go on.

In contrast, in the part of the room occupied by Gerald, the walls are bare, cold, no photos of his daughter. It’s here that he administers the Madeleine Fund, organises his very busy agenda and writes his blog. His current reading material – The Interpretation of Murder, by Jed Rubenfeld, Spirit Messenger, by Gordon Smith, It’s Not About The Bike: My Journey Back To Life, by Lance Armstrong, – leaves nothing at all to the imagination about the drama the family is living through. With amazement the police officers discover a series of books and manuals exclusively intended for police services and government agencies.

– Missing and Abducted Children: A Law-Enforcement Guide to Case Investigation and Program Management, National Center for Missing & Exploited Children;

– Training Courses, (CEOP Serious Organised Crime Agency – Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre);

– Making Every Child Matter…Everywhere, CEOP (Serious Organised Crime Agency – Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre).

Mark Harrison himself wonders how Gerald McCann could have obtained these books.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1430 on: June 18, 2015, 11:39:11 AM »
From the two CEOP people sent over in the first few days or they were given to Gerry Mccann when he visited CEOP''s London offices in July I would imagine.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1431 on: June 18, 2015, 11:44:17 AM »
would it be strange for someone suffering from a serious disease to read medical textbooks...intended for doctors...of course it wouldn't

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1432 on: June 18, 2015, 11:47:15 AM »
From the two CEOP people sent over in the first few days or they were given to Gerry Mccann when he visited CEOP''s London offices in July I would imagine.

Gerry's July visit to their office me thinks.  Jim is their buddy.

"We are particularly grateful to Jim Gamble and the team at CEOP for the initiatives they have developed with us to help keep Madeleine’s abduction in the forefront of the public consciousness." (Madeleine)

Shame he didn't get Murat behind bars and throw away the key. KEY  &%+((£ There's a secret key in this case.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Lace

« Reply #1433 on: June 18, 2015, 12:00:55 PM »
Chapter 17
IN THE McCANNS’ BEDROOM
The police who searched the house the McCanns were occupying, in particular their bedroom – the room where Gerald set up his office – report that the father and the mother are reacting very differently to the trouble that has befallen them.

Kate seems to be in mourning: numerous photos of Madeleine are pinned to the wall or placed on her bedside table. Spaced between them – as though watching over the child’s soul – a representation of a saint, a crucifix or a rosary can be seen. A bookmark bearing the effigy of a saint is slipped into a copy of the Bible, opening on the second book of Samuel, chapter XII, where the following verses can be read:

Nathan replied, “The Lord forgives you; you will not die. [14] But because you have shown such contempt for the Lord in doing this, your child will die.” [15] Then Nathan went home.
The Lord caused the child that Uriah’s wife had borne to David to become very ill.
[16] David prayed to God that the child would get well. He refused to eat anything and every night he went into his room and spent the night lying on the floor. [17] His court officials went to him and tried to make him get up, but he refused and would not eat anything with them. [18] A week later the child died, and David’s officials were afraid to tell him the news. They said, “While the child was living, David wouldn’t answer us when we spoke to him. How can we tell him that his child is dead? He might do himself some harm!”
[19] When David noticed them whispering to each other, he realized that the child had died. So he asked them, “Is the child dead?”
[20] David got up from the floor, had a bath, combed his hair, and changed his clothes. Then he went and worshiped in the house of the Lord. When he returned to the palace, he asked for food and ate it as soon as it was served. [21] “We don’t understand this,” his officials said to him. “While the child was alive, you wept for him and would not eat; but as soon as he died, you got up and ate!”
[22] “Yes,” David answered, “I did fast and weep while he was still alive. I thought that the Lord might be merciful to me and not let the child die. [23] But now that he is dead, why should I fast? Could I bring the child back to life? I will someday go to where he is, but he can never come back to me.”
[24] Then David comforted his wife, Bathsheba. He had intercourse with her, and she bore a son, whom David named Solomon. The Lord loved the boy [25] and commanded the Prophet Nathan to name the boy Jedidiah, because the Lord loved him.”1

In contrast, in the part of the room occupied by Gerald, the walls are bare, cold, no photos of his daughter. It’s here that he administers the Madeleine Fund, organises his very busy agenda and writes his blog. His current reading material – The Interpretation of Murder, by Jed Rubenfeld, Spirit Messenger, by Gordon Smith, It’s Not About The Bike: My Journey Back To Life, by Lance Armstrong, – leaves nothing at all to the imagination about the drama the family is living through. With amazement the police officers discover a series of books and manuals exclusively intended for police services and government agencies.

– Missing and Abducted Children: A Law-Enforcement Guide to Case Investigation and Program Management, National Center for Missing & Exploited Children;

– Training Courses, (CEOP Serious Organised Crime Agency – Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre);

– Making Every Child Matter…Everywhere, CEOP (Serious Organised Crime Agency – Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre).

Mark Harrison himself wonders how Gerald McCann could have obtained these books.
Wasn't  it determined that a friend had loaned Kate the bible and it was her friend who had book marked that particular page?

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1434 on: June 18, 2015, 12:12:10 PM »
Wasn't  it determined that a friend had loaned Kate the bible and it was her friend who had book marked that particular page?

Is that in the fantasyland chapter?

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1435 on: June 18, 2015, 12:16:07 PM »
Yes that is correct, statement is in files.

Offline Carana

« Reply #1436 on: June 18, 2015, 12:37:28 PM »

This may very well be true, but they clearly didn't find anything useful, despite the area crawling with sex offenders.

It's possible that nothing useful was found, as you say, but there's no way of knowing. There could have been someone on their radar in a snap but who may have had a verified or unverified alibi for the timeframe in question.

It's not for nothing that the UK LE agencies went ballistic at the prospect of the totality of the files being made public...

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1437 on: June 18, 2015, 12:38:26 PM »
Is that in the fantasyland chapter?

He is in the files; Peter Neal Pattison, whose wife was a friend of Kates. Another strange witness statement, because although they went out to Portugal the McCanns showed little interest. The only contact between them was text messages. Also, he says his wife went with him but never mentions what she did while he was helping with the searches. Although she was Kate's friend she doesn't seem to have been with him when he did finally get to meet the Mccanns. They weren't among the friends contacted personally, they learned of Madeleine's disappearance from the news. After 5 days they decided to go to Portugal. They got a lift from the airport to PdL 'with someone he knew' (no-one asked who that was). Upon finding that the search groups had left that day he;

caught a taxi to Lagos to try and find a place to stay (no mention of his wife being with him at this stage). He managed to meet with the McCanns on Friday 11th, after being there for 3 days and helping with searches, but;

for only a half hour to 40 minutes as Kate had to attend a police interview.

The passage which is marked in my wifes bible I believe is Samuel 2:12. This passage is very significant for me and my wife but likely has so significance for Kate. I interpret this passage as saying that even though we cannot be with the two children that we have no lost, we will find them one day.

Kate asked me to pray at the Marina, which I did, a number of times during the week. I returned home on Sunday, 13th of May, 2007, leaving from Faro at 9:30.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/PE-PA.htm
Result = happy posting.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1438 on: June 18, 2015, 12:41:42 PM »
Yes that is correct, statement is in files.

Kate received the bible on 11 May 2007. That footage was shot on 2 August 2007.

Offline Carana

« Reply #1439 on: June 18, 2015, 12:45:29 PM »
Chapter 17
IN THE McCANNS’ BEDROOM

How they were obtained in paper format is neither here, nor there.

A 5-minute Google search would have shown that all of them were available to the public online - none of them were restricted.

Why does he make this out to sound as if it's highly suspicious? Some people keep repeating it to this day as some kind of proof of "government protection" conspiracy.