Author Topic: Strange Witness Statements  (Read 591981 times)

Offline mercury

Re: Strange Witness Statements
« Reply #1665 on: August 04, 2015, 01:48:47 AM »
"The top was not seen well enough, although there was thought to be another colour involved, possibly pink"
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/JANE_TANNER_RIGATORY.htm
as illustrated in the picture JT did with artist here
https://youtu.be/DCewUVxDi9Y

I agree the SY photo blanket may not be pink, but IMO would look pink under the orange light.
But the SY photo pyjama top is pink.
Maybe she saw the pink top not the blanket?
But she didn't see a top. She saw only the legs.And she said the child was not covered with a blanket.
That "statement" as I said which is "quoted" in her rogatory interview (which you posted the link for)  as coming from past statenents, is from the joint statement prepared by Control Risks group.(see my previous link)  In all her police statements she said she only saw the legs and bottom of pyjamas, never a pink top or colour pink at the top.

She repeated the same thing on bbc Panorama.
BILTON: Describe exactly what he's carrying, what you can see.

JANE: Well I could see.. I could tell it was a child, and I could see the feet and... feet and the bottom of the pyjamas, and I just thought that child's not got any shoes on because you could see the feet, and it was quite a cold night in Portugal in May it's not actually that warm, and I'd got a big jumper on, and I can remember thinking oh that parent is not a particularly good parent, they've not wrapped them up.

PS I have forgotten how this conversation started so will leave it for now on the back burner till later
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 01:56:26 AM by mercury »

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1666 on: August 04, 2015, 02:18:15 AM »
But she didn't see a top. She saw only the legs.And she said the child was not covered with a blanket.
That "statement" as I said which is "quoted" in her rogatory interview (which you posted the link for)  as coming from past statenents, is from the joint statement prepared by Control Risks group.(see my previous link)  In all her police statements she said she only saw the legs and bottom of pyjamas, never a pink top or colour pink at the top.

She repeated the same thing on bbc Panorama.
BILTON: Describe exactly what he's carrying, what you can see.

JANE: Well I could see.. I could tell it was a child, and I could see the feet and... feet and the bottom of the pyjamas, and I just thought that child's not got any shoes on because you could see the feet, and it was quite a cold night in Portugal in May it's not actually that warm, and I'd got a big jumper on, and I can remember thinking oh that parent is not a particularly good parent, they've not wrapped them up.

PS I have forgotten how this conversation started so will leave it for now on the back burner till later
The joint statement is valid and important even if it was given indirectly to PJ.

Offline mercury

« Reply #1667 on: August 04, 2015, 02:22:30 AM »
The joint statement is valid and important even if it was given indirectly to PJ.
I wasnt questioning because it was given directly or not, just the content, which does not match with police statements of the same time (in fact the same day)

I don't know how many times I have to say this, never once in statements did JT say say she saw a top or a blanket let alone the colour of it.  Oh well, vampire hour. Goodnight.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 02:28:08 AM by mercury »

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1668 on: August 04, 2015, 02:35:03 AM »
I wasnt questioning because it was given directly or not, just the content, which does not match with police statements of the same time (in fact the same day)
The statements made directly to PJ on 4th and 10th May were typed as abbreviated summaries.
They are not transcripts of everything that was said.
Another example is top gate possibly being open at 9.30pm - not in the PJ statement summaries of 4th and 10th - but is in DCCB timeline.

Offline mercury

« Reply #1669 on: August 04, 2015, 02:46:10 AM »
The statements made directly to PJ on 4th and 10th May were typed as abbreviated summaries.
They are not transcripts of everything that was said.
Another example is top gate possibly being open at 9.30pm - not in the PJ statement summaries of 4th and 10th - but is in DCCB timeline.

That won't do as
t
1) JTs description of man and child was in extreme detail, and translated in detail,those extra details added after would have been included if spoken of, especially when of so much importance
2) She actually said nothing was covering the child so no blanket as you seem to assume she saw and tbh Im not sure why you are assuming anything

« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 02:50:58 AM by mercury »

Offline sadie

« Reply #1670 on: August 04, 2015, 10:10:14 AM »
That won't do as
t
1) JTs description of man and child was in extreme detail, and translated in detail,those extra details added after would have been included if spoken of, especially when of so much importance
2) She actually said nothing was covering the child so no blanket as you seem to assume she saw and tbh Im not sure why you are assuming anything
It was said that she voluntarily went to a hypnotist, or some such "professional" to open her memory ... and she rememberd more.

I am presuming this was correct, but maybe not?

Anyone know any more about that?

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1671 on: August 10, 2015, 10:34:54 AM »
Sounds familiar.

Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1672 on: August 10, 2015, 10:39:05 AM »
Sounds familiar.

things would be a lot clearer if the interviews had been audio taped...as it is I think the initial statements are a total mess

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1673 on: August 10, 2015, 10:50:01 AM »
things would be a lot clearer if the interviews had been audio taped...as it is I think the initial statements are a total mess

In his book, No-Body Homicide Cases: A Practical Guide to Investigating, Prosecuting and Winning Cases When the Victim is Missing, DiBiase offers a practical guide for police and prosecutors and provides an expansive look at both the history of no- body murder cases and the best methods to solve them and present the case in court.

http://www.nobodycases.com/
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 11:38:55 AM by pathfinder73 »
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline mercury

« Reply #1674 on: August 11, 2015, 08:07:19 PM »

So does that mean later statements were not such a "total mess"? And incidentally, how were the initial statements a "total mess"
Were you there?

Offline Carana

« Reply #1675 on: August 12, 2015, 07:51:23 AM »
It was said that she voluntarily went to a hypnotist, or some such "professional" to open her memory ... and she rememberd more.

I am presuming this was correct, but maybe not?

Anyone know any more about that?

The police gave her a cognitive interview.

4078    “Okay, so you think it was pink but you accept that it may not have been, the colour may have been distorted or it might have been such the power of suggestion I suppose.”

Reply    “That could have been that for me because the pyjamas I really tried to, it was in the interview the next day when they really pushed me you know I think you call it cognitive interview or whatever, really pushed me to get an idea of you know more details about the person and it was then that you know sort of the description of the pyjamas was more in my head than I’d initial, it was mainly the feet as an initial thing.”

4078    “Yeah.”

Reply    “But err so I don’t know, I may, that is the one I don’t know maybe that was power of suggestion but I thought I saw a pattern on the bottom.” (JT rog)

4078    “Yeah but then if that’s soon after the time.”

Reply    “With, with a turn up, and the turn up I mean I can’t stress this enough, that is the bit that makes me think so much that it is the same pyjamas.”

LP appears to have done the same for the other rogs as well.

'And, as I say, we work in what we call a cognitive interview basis, what that means is, you know, we try and put you back at the time that you, you know, that we are referring to, to see what you can remember, alright''
(FP rog)

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1676 on: August 12, 2015, 02:36:17 PM »
The police gave her a cognitive interview.

4078    “Okay, so you think it was pink but you accept that it may not have been, the colour may have been distorted or it might have been such the power of suggestion I suppose.”

Reply    “That could have been that for me because the pyjamas I really tried to, it was in the interview the next day when they really pushed me you know I think you call it cognitive interview or whatever, really pushed me to get an idea of you know more details about the person and it was then that you know sort of the description of the pyjamas was more in my head than I’d initial, it was mainly the feet as an initial thing.”

4078    “Yeah.”

Reply    “But err so I don’t know, I may, that is the one I don’t know maybe that was power of suggestion but I thought I saw a pattern on the bottom.” (JT rog)

4078    “Yeah but then if that’s soon after the time.”

Reply    “With, with a turn up, and the turn up I mean I can’t stress this enough, that is the bit that makes me think so much that it is the same pyjamas.”

LP appears to have done the same for the other rogs as well.

'And, as I say, we work in what we call a cognitive interview basis, what that means is, you know, we try and put you back at the time that you, you know, that we are referring to, to see what you can remember, alright''
(FP rog)

I think a classic example is Carol Tranmer's interview where she was led in and when the questioning became more intensive worked out for herself that she had given the wrong date in her previous interviews.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline mercury

« Reply #1677 on: August 12, 2015, 08:45:47 PM »
But nowhere did Tanner say she saw a pink top.(except in that 10th May 2007 joint statement) Even by November 2007, despite any interview techniques, she was saying she saw feet and the bottom of the pyjamas which had a pinky aspect. I'd like to know who put the colour of any top in the joint statement, and why it never appeared anywhere else at any time.

Offline mercury

« Reply #1678 on: August 14, 2015, 08:42:00 PM »
bump

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1679 on: August 15, 2015, 09:47:23 PM »
Matt Oldfield first statement 4 May 2007

See my theory thread for details.