Author Topic: Strange Witness Statements  (Read 591786 times)

Offline misty

Re: Strange Witness Statements
« Reply #1785 on: August 30, 2015, 10:16:17 PM »
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/JEREMY-WILKINS.htm

May, 7th 2007  Jeremy Wilkins deposition
*snipped*
On Wednesday, 2nd May, I could see it was raining and the tennis lesson was postponed. It was re-scheduled for 2:30 pm. I found this out at a later date and missed the lesson. I arrived about five (5) minutes before the end and realized this fact. I saw the usual people at the tennis lesson. I then went back to my apartment.

That evening myself and my partner attended the 'Tapas' restaurant which is part of the hotel complex at the swimming pool. We sat down to eat at 7:30 pm. After about forty five (45) minutes Jerry appeared as did one of his friends. I believe it was Russell. They sat at the next table. We naturally engaged in conversation about everyday things. We spoke about childcare. That night my family were using the creche's facility. We found out that the group of families were occupying ground floor flats near the swimming pool and they were leaving the children by themselves in order for them to go to the restaurant in the evenings. They would then go regularly to check the children who would be asleep.

I found out that Jerry was a cardiologist in a Hospital. At this time his wife was putting the children to bed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Perhaps GM had a guilty conscience over leaving Kate on her own again with the 3 children, so he sent DP up to 5a instead.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1786 on: August 30, 2015, 10:26:20 PM »
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/JEREMY-WILKINS.htm

May, 7th 2007  Jeremy Wilkins deposition
*snipped*
On Wednesday, 2nd May, I could see it was raining and the tennis lesson was postponed. It was re-scheduled for 2:30 pm. I found this out at a later date and missed the lesson. I arrived about five (5) minutes before the end and realized this fact. I saw the usual people at the tennis lesson. I then went back to my apartment.

That evening myself and my partner attended the 'Tapas' restaurant which is part of the hotel complex at the swimming pool. We sat down to eat at 7:30 pm. After about forty five (45) minutes Jerry appeared as did one of his friends. I believe it was Russell. They sat at the next table. We naturally engaged in conversation about everyday things. We spoke about childcare. That night my family were using the creche's facility. We found out that the group of families were occupying ground floor flats near the swimming pool and they were leaving the children by themselves in order for them to go to the restaurant in the evenings. They would then go regularly to check the children who would be asleep.

I found out that Jerry was a cardiologist in a Hospital. At this time his wife was putting the children to bed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Perhaps GM had a guilty conscience over leaving Kate on her own again with the 3 children, so he sent DP up to 5a instead.

Around 8:15 so a bit later than 7:30.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Benice

« Reply #1787 on: August 30, 2015, 10:27:46 PM »

Are you kidding? She only went missing a few hours later. I think he could remember back a few hours before that time  @)(++(*

You talk as if nothing too serious at all had occurred later that night,.

So you don't think the enormous shock of what had happened could possibly have affected him?

When I had a call from the hospice where my husband was terminally ill - asking me to go in immediately - I have no memory at all of what I was doing on that day - (the day he died) during the time before I got that call.    Shock and trauma can have that effect on people.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline mercury

« Reply #1788 on: August 30, 2015, 10:32:58 PM »

So you don't think the enormous shock of what had happened could possibly have affected him?

When I had a call from the hospice where my husband was terminally ill - asking me to go in immediately - I have no memory at all of what I was doing on that day - (the day he died) during the time before I got that call.    Shock and trauma can have that effect on people.

But neither had NO memory....they gave two conflicting stories....they can't both be right...that is on TOP of the conflicting statements as regards taking the kids out, that's three people and five stories

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #1789 on: August 30, 2015, 10:35:07 PM »
I think it must be a generational thing.  Old men like Alice are probably far more inclined to think all their Christmases had come at once at the sight of a woman in a towel than one perhaps of David Payne's age, with his own nubile young wife waiting for him back at the apartment.

Women are all right but you can't beat the real thing  8(0(*
Pick the bones out of that.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1790 on: August 30, 2015, 10:40:39 PM »

Please give it a rest. You could remember back a few hours when you saw her. Weak excuses don't wash in this game.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline misty

« Reply #1791 on: August 30, 2015, 10:56:55 PM »
Please give it a rest. You could remember back a few hours when you saw her. Weak excuses don't wash in this game.

You sound like Tinman...

Offline mercury

« Reply #1792 on: August 30, 2015, 11:07:07 PM »

You sound like Tinman...

Who is he? Was he a tennis player?

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1793 on: August 30, 2015, 11:30:47 PM »

You sound like Tinman...

? If you visited a friends house today would you remember why you were there and what you were doing? What you were talking about? If any kids were present and what they were doing? If you were inside or outside? If your friend was wearing only a towel. It is not difficult. These are doctors not imbeciles.

Offline misty

« Reply #1794 on: August 30, 2015, 11:41:29 PM »
? If you visited a friends house today would you remember why you were there and what you were doing? What you were talking about? If any kids were present and what they were doing? If you were inside or outside? If your friend was wearing only a towel. It is not difficult. These are doctors not imbeciles.

That would depend on how sober I was when I left.
But on a serious note.....the group were in shock & sleep-deprived. What Kate was wearing was not important - the sight of a living Madeleine was, even if DP didn't take any notice of exactly what she was doing & wearing.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1795 on: August 30, 2015, 11:43:28 PM »
Can't say I've ever noticed that in Bridlington

@)(++(*
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1796 on: August 30, 2015, 11:46:42 PM »
Why would she lie about something like that?

To dilute the criticism she received by putting the children in the crèche every day of the holiday ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline sadie

« Reply #1797 on: August 31, 2015, 12:09:58 AM »

I am sorry to hear that you suffered such a trauma, Benice.

Your hubby must have died too young.

Do hope that you have recovered and are OK again now.

sadie x

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1798 on: August 31, 2015, 12:30:25 AM »
Guess which book this is from? I can't believe what I'm reading.

May 3rd was an idyllic day which Madeleine spent digging sandcastles on the beach with her parents and the twins. Later, the couple were caught on CCTV feeding their children at the beachside Paraiso diner before returning to their two-bedroom holiday apartment at 5A Waterside Garden. The weary, happy children were bathed and changed before their bedtime when Kate McCann settled the twins into their cots and tucked Madeleine into her bed. As she arranged the blanket around her daughter and bent down to kiss the small snub and sunburned nose, Madeleine let out a pleased giggle.
'What are you laughing at, sweetie?' asked Kate.
'Oh, nothing, Mummy,' replied Madeleine, 'I was just thinking, today has been the nicest day of all. I've had lots and lots of fun.'

Offline misty

« Reply #1799 on: August 31, 2015, 12:34:50 AM »
Guess which book this is from? I can't believe what I'm reading.

May 3rd was an idyllic day which Madeleine spent digging sandcastles on the beach with her parents and the twins. Later, the couple were caught on CCTV feeding their children at the beachside Paraiso diner before returning to their two-bedroom holiday apartment at 5A Waterside Garden. The weary, happy children were bathed and changed before their bedtime when Kate McCann settled the twins into their cots and tucked Madeleine into her bed. As she arranged the blanket around her daughter and bent down to kiss the small snub and sunburned nose, Madeleine let out a pleased giggle.
'What are you laughing at, sweetie?' asked Kate.
'Oh, nothing, Mummy,' replied Madeleine, 'I was just thinking, today has been the nicest day of all. I've had lots and lots of fun.'

Danny Collins. Next?