Author Topic: Strange Witness Statements  (Read 592032 times)

Offline pathfinder73

Re: Strange Witness Statements
« Reply #1800 on: August 31, 2015, 12:40:14 AM »
Danny Collins. Next?

Who gave him that crap. It's like the biggest myth in this case which judges still believe.

Magistrate Penelope Hay said the mother placed her child at serious risk in a a "fit of jealous rage".
"Children can be abducted. The parents of Madeleine McCann left her asleep in a locked apartment. She has never been found," she said.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/madeleine-mccann-case-serves-as-warning-to-qld-mum-20150820-gj4ada.html
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #1801 on: August 31, 2015, 12:48:55 AM »
are you really a man I wonder? At the very least most men would have noticed and remembered in my opinion. Anyway; the freezing cold pool which no-one went into? During a week when Jane Tanner went running in joggers because it was so cold?
Are you a man then?  You seem to know exactly how they would all react to any given stimulus.  Amazing!

Offline misty

« Reply #1802 on: August 31, 2015, 12:53:56 AM »
Who gave him that crap. It's like the biggest myth in this case which judges still believe.

Magistrate Penelope Hay said the mother placed her child at serious risk in a a "fit of jealous rage".
"Children can be abducted. The parents of Madeleine McCann left her asleep in a locked apartment. She has never been found," she said.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/madeleine-mccann-case-serves-as-warning-to-qld-mum-20150820-gj4ada.html

Same person who invented this, I expect:

"Locals claim that Madeleine did not always settle well. One evening they allege she ran away into the paths between the apartments, hiding for half an hour when it was time for bed".

Locals were watching her??

Please remember one of the doors was locked. It's just the other one wasn't.

"

« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 01:03:02 AM by misty »

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #1803 on: August 31, 2015, 12:55:26 AM »
Frankly I'm amazed that men's mags like Loaded and GQ don't feature more pics of women wrapped in towels and ditch the boring bikini shots, so alluring is the betowelled female bod!

Offline Anna

« Reply #1804 on: August 31, 2015, 01:03:26 AM »
are you really a man I wonder? At the very least most men would have noticed and remembered in my opinion. Anyway; the freezing cold pool which no-one went into? During a week when Jane Tanner went running in joggers because it was so cold?

“You should not honour men more than truth.”
― Plato

Offline mercury

« Reply #1805 on: August 31, 2015, 01:27:47 AM »
Guess which book this is from? I can't believe what I'm reading.

May 3rd was an idyllic day which Madeleine spent digging sandcastles on the beach with her parents and the twins. Later, the couple were caught on CCTV feeding their children at the beachside Paraiso diner before returning to their two-bedroom holiday apartment at 5A Waterside Garden. The weary, happy children were bathed and changed before their bedtime when Kate McCann settled the twins into their cots and tucked Madeleine into her bed. As she arranged the blanket around her daughter and bent down to kiss the small snub and sunburned nose, Madeleine let out a pleased giggle.
'What are you laughing at, sweetie?' asked Kate.
'Oh, nothing, Mummy,' replied Madeleine, 'I was just thinking, today has been the nicest day of all. I've had lots and lots of fun.'

An author who was lazy at best but you do  have to wonder where his porkies came from too...still he did donate some of his books profits to the find Madeleine fund so not all bad I guess...!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 01:34:17 AM by mercury »

Offline Benice

« Reply #1806 on: August 31, 2015, 08:45:06 AM »
I am sorry to hear that you suffered such a trauma, Benice.

Your hubby must have died too young.

Do hope that you have recovered and are OK again now.

sadie x

Thankyou Sadie, - you're right  he was far too young - but it was a long time ago - over 20 years now.        I did hesitate to make that post as I didn't want people to think I was looking for sympathy  - but when a claim is made that something is not credible or believable and I know from my own experience that it is possible, then it seemed appropriate to explain why.

Some people have terrible memories anyway - it's how they are.    Some have brilliant recall.      And in any case - IMO doctors who are far more used to seeing people in various states of undress than the rest of us - would not necessarily regard the sight of a close friend whom they had known for years, draped in a bath towel -  to be something so out of the ordinary, that it  would burn into their memory -  never to be forgotten.

It would not surprise me if DP's exceedingly brief visit to 5a - wasn't given a thought until it came time to re-trace their movements of that whole day to the PJ.     IMO their minds would be concentrated on what had happened after they had all left their apartments to go to dinner.

AIMO.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline Lace

« Reply #1807 on: August 31, 2015, 08:46:33 AM »
She heard a knock on the patio door while she was in the bathroom, wrapped herself in a towel and went to see who it was..see her 6th September statement.:-

While the children were eating and looking at some books, Kate had a shower which lasted around 5 minutes. After showering, at around 6:30/6:40PM and while she was getting dry, she heard somebody knocking at the veranda door. She wrapped herself in a towel and went to see who it was. This door was closed but not locked as Gerry had left by this door. She confirmed it was David Payne, because he called out and had opened the door slightly
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/KATE-MCCANN_ARGUIDO.htm

Yes, I have read Kate's statement,   doesn't mean she entered the room in the towel though does it?   Kate could have looked around the door.    If the postman arrives when I am in the shower,    I wrap a towel around myself and peer around the door.   The Postie tends to look down a lot.

Offline Lace

« Reply #1808 on: August 31, 2015, 08:54:38 AM »
It depends what you mean by "normally"
I have had a few traumatic incidents in my life which turned me into something resembling a zombie and remembering very little.
In a vehicle crash several years back, on the motorway. I could remember very little when being questioned a day or so later. The latter episode is still coming back in bits(nightmares really)......So I guess... I'm not normal.

I was in a car crash too Anna,   a car just ploughed into me.

When I was in A&E a doctor asked me what had happened and I give my description of it,  when he looked at the Paramedic the Paramedic said no,  and described what had really happened the only thing I had right was that the car was blue.

When we lost one of our daughters in a shop I was asked what she was wearing and my mind went completely blank,     it came back after a while but it was very scary,   my knees were starting to give out after about ten minutes of searching all things going through my mind.   Luckily a woman had found her,  she had left the shop and was outside on the pavement.    I was so relieved to see her I don't think I even thanked the woman properly.  God knows what state I would have been in if she hadn't been found.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1809 on: August 31, 2015, 10:25:12 AM »

Are you kidding? She only went missing a few hours later. I think he could remember back a few hours when he last saw her and why he was there and remember everything about that visit.

He remembered to tell his 'nubile young wife' so not completely forgettable. If he was even there, of course. He seems to have said on another occasion that he last saw Madeleine at 5pm, not 6.30pm.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline sadie

« Reply #1810 on: August 31, 2015, 05:05:40 PM »
He remembered to tell his 'nubile young wife' so not completely forgettable. If he was even there, of course. He seems to have said on another occasion that he last saw Madeleine at 5pm, not 6.30pm.
Oh!

What occasion was that when he said that?

I cant remember reading that.  In what statement?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1811 on: August 31, 2015, 05:15:59 PM »
Yes, I have read Kate's statement,   doesn't mean she entered the room in the towel though does it?   Kate could have looked around the door.    If the postman arrives when I am in the shower,    I wrap a towel around myself and peer around the door.   The Postie tends to look down a lot.

I have answered the door exactly as you describe.

Why are people making such a song and dance about it.  Are they reading something into it which reflects their mindset rather than the totally innocent event which you and I see it to be?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 06:14:43 PM by John »
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #1812 on: August 31, 2015, 05:54:33 PM »
I have answered the door exactly as you describe.

Why are people making such a song and dance about it.  Are they reading something into it rather than the totally innocent event which you and I see it to be?

The issue was whether such a circumstance would be remembered no more no less.
The consensus among the supporters is that it wouldn't. Strange that as it defies standard deviation and distribution. The reason for that I really could go to town on.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 06:15:18 PM by John »
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline mercury

« Reply #1813 on: August 31, 2015, 06:02:10 PM »

But have you read David Payne's rogatory interview? He says different to what you think "could" have happened.That was the whole point, discrepancies, not whether she was wearing a suit, a bikini, a towel or being stark naked.

Offline Lace

« Reply #1814 on: September 01, 2015, 11:59:34 AM »
But have you read David Payne's rogatory interview? He says different to what you think "could" have happened.That was the whole point, discrepancies, not whether she was wearing a suit, a bikini, a towel or being stark naked.

Ok,  I see what you are saying.

The thing is if this bit about David Payne didn't happen and they are just concocting a story,  then get the times right and what Kate was wearing etc.    Don't you think?

Anyway I wouldn't go by what David Payne said about times he couldn't work out how long it would have taken him or whether he called in before he got ready for tennis or afterwards,   he worked out it must have been before because otherwise he would have gone to the front door.    To me I don't think he is a very good judge about how long he stayed.

Also about whether he came in or not,  he said he took a couple of steps into the apartment,  which may still be called standing by the door.

As to what Kate was wearing,   he couldn't remember what the children were wearing either could he?   All white is what he remembers.