Author Topic: Strange Witness Statements  (Read 591790 times)

Offline Miss Taken Identity

Re: Strange Witness Statements
« Reply #1845 on: September 02, 2015, 08:20:23 PM »
Not much point in anyone posting information relating to anything at all if you are unprepared and uninterested to read the thread containing it for information.
No wonder we are trapped in groundhog day ... doomed to constant repetition in one cycle after another.

Explains a lot.

So you don't want to provide a link about the phones? not groundhog day here, just doing what the police are doing... asking ourselves why and how ... simples
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1846 on: September 02, 2015, 08:37:13 PM »
Not much point in anyone posting information relating to anything at all if you are unprepared and uninterested to read the thread containing it for information.
No wonder we are trapped in groundhog day ... doomed to constant repetition in one cycle after another.

Explains a lot.

What you have demonstrated is your inability to understand what people are talking about. The thread you have provided two links to is all about the mobile phones known to the investigation. There is no information anywhere as far as I know which explains why two additional PAYE mobile phones were needed. I have seen speculation about it, but no explanation.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Anna

« Reply #1847 on: September 02, 2015, 08:39:34 PM »
Extract:
01:26:10 Reply "Yeah, I mean err it may well have been SA gave us a contact of someone that was a friend of the family in Portugal who err could get us mobile phones because Kate and Gerry you know hadn’t got any contact, you know way of contacting, their batteries were running out or something like that so SA had basically said err you know there’s, there’s these people that we know there and you know that could have been it.”
1485 "Or, because then there were two text messages sent about half past, about ten o’ clock on the Friday evening to that number.”

extract:

1485 "In Portugal?”
Reply "The, I mean, the other, there was a, the other person who contacted me which I didn’t mention while I was at the Police Station was one of the Portuguese err newspapers and err you know asking, you know for comments and err so that could have been what the, you know, the number. I spoke, I did speak to the other, the friends of Simon ALDRIDGE’S who you know who kindly bought the phones and they actually bought the phones to the Portimăo Police Station and I went downstairs and got the phones and then err brought them back upstairs. Err in terms of you know whether I, we spoke to them on the next day sorry, was that the question?”
1485 "Well you spoke to them on the next day, the next day yeah that Madeleine went missing, on the fourth.”
Reply "Right.”
1485 "That’s when, well, there’s text messages but what I’m asking you is, did you speak to them?”
http://themaddiecasefiles.com/post456.html#p456
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 08:58:36 PM by Anna »
“You should not honour men more than truth.”
― Plato

Offline mercury

« Reply #1848 on: September 02, 2015, 08:44:48 PM »
He entered a couple of steps into the apartment he said.

Do you or do you not agree that if this call in by David Payne didn't happen and they just made it all up,  then they would have got their stories matching?

It's all a load of nit picking if you ask me.

Depends.... some of the group seemed incapable of stringing a sentence together, or differentiating between any day of their 6 day holiday. But I said before many times,I doubt Payne would lie to cover up anything in a missing child case,friends or no friends,JMHO, but I do not accept it is nit picking to compare two statements which contradict each other, whether the contradictions are bad memory or somethng else. None of us know.

« Reply #1849 on: September 02, 2015, 09:05:25 PM »
One could understand if there was a few little errors during and right after the time Little Maddie 'disappeared' but there is nothing stopping the Tapas TEAM from recalling what happened BEFORE the events.

JT recalled seeing and 'abductor' with a child but never mentioned  it when Kate raised the alarm why?  and why after a few months later she suddenly recalls a design on the jammies this child was wearing in the  dark with only feet dangling and a man in a hurry?

Then Kate n Gerry got busy with their blogging and jogging -meeting and greeting their adoring public- one could hardly expect them to recall what happened that night their daughter disappeared now can you?

BUT,  well a few years after the event KATE remembers so much she writes a book....her version of honest account  would be different from others peoples understanding of the word 'honest' or 'truthful' for the pedants here.

Oh how Agatha Christie would love this and could probably solve it!

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #1850 on: September 02, 2015, 09:33:36 PM »
Extract:
01:26:10 Reply "Yeah, I mean err it may well have been SA gave us a contact of someone that was a friend of the family in Portugal who err could get us mobile phones because Kate and Gerry you know hadn’t got any contact, you know way of contacting, their batteries were running out or something like that so SA had basically said err you know there’s, there’s these people that we know there and you know that could have been it.”
1485 "Or, because then there were two text messages sent about half past, about ten o’ clock on the Friday evening to that number.”

Personally, I hate mobile phones with a passion, so would some kind person help me out here?

Did mobile phone batteries last 5 days without a charge in 2007?

Did people go out on holiday for a week with their mobile phone but without packing a charger?

Didn't the PJ track the original mobiles long after this?

I would also like to avoid the mobile phone thread in favour of some simple, direct answers.
What's up, old man?

« Reply #1851 on: September 02, 2015, 10:34:57 PM »
Personally, I hate mobile phones with a passion, so would some kind person help me out here?

Did people go out on holiday for a week with their mobile phone but without packing a charger?

I would also like to avoid the mobile phone thread in favour of some simple, direct answers.

Fast food answers:  No    No     No to all three questions.

Offline mercury

« Reply #1852 on: September 02, 2015, 10:46:08 PM »
One could understand if there was a few little errors during and right after the time Little Maddie 'disappeared' but there is nothing stopping the Tapas TEAM from recalling what happened BEFORE the events.

JT recalled seeing and 'abductor' with a child but never mentioned  it when Kate raised the alarm why?  and why after a few months later she suddenly recalls a design on the jammies this child was wearing in the  dark with only feet dangling and a man in a hurry?

Didn't want to upset her....that has got to be the most pathetic thing ever...you think you've seen an abductor but you prefer to not upset your holiday mate but more importantly obstruct a search in that direction....shows how pathetic a mind tanner had in the circumstances

Offline Carana

« Reply #1853 on: September 03, 2015, 04:11:08 PM »

Back in those days, my (primitive) mobile might have lasted that long, IF I remembered to turn it off, as opposed to just leaving it on standby for any length of time. When overseas, I'd have it on standby if expecting a call, or would turn it on to check 2-3 times a day and then turn it off again. I could get text messages on it, and missed calls, but it only held 10, which meant deleting anything I'd already seen (noting numbers on paper if necessary) in order to create room.

Others may have have had the latest gizmo, but I just wanted something basic.

My new-fangled one needs recharging much every 2 days or so, whether I use it or not.

Offline lordpookles

« Reply #1854 on: September 03, 2015, 04:17:27 PM »
Interesting you should mention a mobile phone could only hold 10 messages in 2007. The iphone was released in 2008. A 2007 phone although I can't remember was surely much more capable then only being able to hold 10 messages. I remember having a phone from 2000 that could only hold 10-15 messages. Maybe the people in question just had older phones then 2007?

Offline Carana

« Reply #1855 on: September 03, 2015, 04:24:57 PM »
Interesting you should mention a mobile phone could only hold 10 messages in 2007. The iphone was released in 2008. A 2007 phone although I can't remember was surely much more capable then only being able to hold 10 messages. I remember having a phone from 2000 that could only hold 10-15 messages. Maybe the people in question just had older phones then 2007?

The phone I had back then (and which amazingly only died a few years ago) wasn't the latest fashion item... I probably bought it back in 2004ish. It worked, nothing fancy. The email function was supposed to work, but never did, but the memory was so tiny anyway.

ETA: I had no need for anything other than the ability to make and receive calls when not available on a landline. That was it. I didn't even know how to work the SMS messaging until just before it died (I'd lost the instruction manual years before).
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 04:31:25 PM by Carana »

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1856 on: September 03, 2015, 05:11:10 PM »
I clear my text messages to make room. I have never ever deleted my call history. The only reason anyone needs to do that is if they don't want anyone to see who they have been communicating with.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline lordpookles

« Reply #1857 on: September 03, 2015, 07:28:22 PM »
The phone I had back then (and which amazingly only died a few years ago) wasn't the latest fashion item... I probably bought it back in 2004ish. It worked, nothing fancy. The email function was supposed to work, but never did, but the memory was so tiny anyway.

ETA: I had no need for anything other than the ability to make and receive calls when not available on a landline. That was it. I didn't even know how to work the SMS messaging until just before it died (I'd lost the instruction manual years before).

Yeah many people don't really know how to use their phones properly and do not replace them for years. And then are people like me who admittedly who get a new one every 2 years. They must have been fairly old phones and earlier then 2007 I would assume to be only able to store 10 messages.

Offline lordpookles

« Reply #1858 on: September 03, 2015, 07:29:31 PM »
I clear my text messages to make room. I have never ever deleted my call history. The only reason anyone needs to do that is if they don't want anyone to see who they have been communicating with.

No me neither. Has to be said - don't know why you would. Maybe habit if you delete your text messages...

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1859 on: September 08, 2015, 12:09:21 PM »
Rachel confirmed Matt looked into the parents bedroom when he checked. Were those shutters open and Why? This is where the hair bead/band was discovered. Eddie was interested in that side of the patio.

That it seemed to him that the shutters of the Master' bedroom window were open without knowing if the window was also open.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MATTHEW-OLDFIELD.htm

"poked his head, well you know kind of looked into Gerry and Kates room, just saw there was a double bed there."
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/RACHAEL-OLDFIELD-ROGATORY.htm

1&2 - One envelope containing one (01) elastic band made of synthetic material, used to tie hair.

1 - Page 287 (Marked: 1 & 2) An undated and unsigned hand-written note, very difficult to read but appearing to be written by a police officer from Aljezur, stating that on 4 (or 9) May around 06:00am (s)he found an 'elastica para o cabelo' (hair elastic?), abandoned/lost on the floor of (what could be) the back of the parents' bedroom.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/SUNDRYS.htm

Did Kate give a statement about removing that hair bead/band before her bath on 3 May?

« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 12:18:37 PM by pathfinder73 »
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.