Author Topic: Strange Witness Statements  (Read 591932 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: Strange Witness Statements
« Reply #1905 on: January 11, 2016, 12:12:41 PM »
Michael Wright heard about Madeleine's disappearance quite early on;

About 23:00 that night I received a very uncomfortable [or compelling] call from my wife's mother who told me about Madeleine's disappearance.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MICHAEL_WRIGHT.htm

His wife's mother rang and told him. I assume she is the sibling of one of the Healy's. Susan Healy heard from Gerry McCann what had happened;

Susan Healy: 'Gerry called me......He… he just said "Madeleine's been abducted from her bed". Errm… And, I sort of said "No, Gerry", you know, and he… he was, sort of, at pains to emphasise how important it was because, at this time, I think they'd been looking for some time and they hadn't told us right away. They'd looked for an hour or so.
http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2008/09/maddie-case-first-interview-to-kates.html

So. did Gerry phone Anne-Marie Wright's mother before 11pm on 3rd May? If so, the call was deleted as were all his calls before 11pm. Did he call her before his own siblings? Did he call her before he called Kate's parents? I assume she was the sister of one of them as their daughters were cousins. Or did he phone Kate's mum before 11pm and she then phoned the other mother who then phoned Michael Wright? In that case they hadn't 'been looking for an hour or so' before phoning unless Madeleine's disappearance was  earlier than 10pm -10.10pm.

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1906 on: January 11, 2016, 12:26:56 PM »

About 23:00 that night I received a very uncomfortable [or compelling] call from my wife's mother who told me about Madeleine's disappearance.

His wife's mother rang and told him. I assume she is the sibling of one of the Healy's. Susan Healy heard from Gerry McCann what had happened;

Susan Healy: 'Gerry called me......He… he just said "Madeleine's been abducted from her bed". Errm… And, I sort of said "No, Gerry", you know, and he… he was, sort of, at pains to emphasise how important it was because, at this time, I think they'd been looking for some time and they hadn't told us right away. They'd looked for an hour or so.
http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2008/09/maddie-case-first-interview-to-kates.html

So. did Gerry phone Anne-Marie Wright's mother before 11pm on 3rd May? If so, the call was deleted as were all his calls before 11pm. Did he call her before his own siblings? Did he call her before he called Kate's parents? I assume she was the sister of one of them as their daughters were cousins. Or did he phone Kate's mum before 11pm and she then phoned the other mother who then phoned Michael Wright? In that case they hadn't 'been looking for an hour or so' before phoning unless Madeleine's disappearance was  earlier than 10pm -10.10pm.

you have no evidence Gerry called this lady...pure speculation again...she could well have heard about maddie from another family member

Offline jassi

« Reply #1907 on: January 11, 2016, 12:35:02 PM »

Probably wrong, but I thought that Nora was staying with sister Susan in Liverpool on that night
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1908 on: January 11, 2016, 12:50:25 PM »

Probably wrong, but I thought that Nora was staying with sister Susan in Liverpool on that night

Aunt Nora, from Canada, was in Skipton and was about to return to Canada the next morning. I suggested that she go to Liverpool instead. We all thought that Madeleine was going to appear in the following hours, even while I drove Nora back to Liverpool in the early morning of Friday, 4 May. I stayed in Liverpool. I spoke to Kate by phone between 10:00 and 11:00am that morning and she confirmed that she wanted her mother, her father and Nora with her.

Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1909 on: January 11, 2016, 01:09:17 PM »
Aunt Nora, from Canada, was in Skipton and was about to return to Canada the next morning. I suggested that she go to Liverpool instead. We all thought that Madeleine was going to appear in the following hours, even while I drove Nora back to Liverpool in the early morning of Friday, 4 May. I stayed in Liverpool. I spoke to Kate by phone between 10:00 and 11:00am that morning and she confirmed that she wanted her mother, her father and Nora with her.

I have seen a reference to a call made by Gerry McCann at 22.01 on 3rd May to a Liverpool number, but I can't find anything in the official files. Can anyone help?
Result = happy posting.

Offline jassi

« Reply #1910 on: January 11, 2016, 01:10:46 PM »

There you go, then.. If Nora was in Skipton, where was Wright when she rang him - down the pub ?
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1911 on: January 11, 2016, 01:17:50 PM »
Kate was quite unwell during her pregnancy with the twins and many members of her family would take turns to go and help Kate and Madeleine.

I would often visit them with my mother, after my father died, and we would normally stay for a week, coinciding with visits to my son at university, Madeleine liked to come with us.

41. Is it true that in England you even considered handing over Madeleine’s custody to a relative?

KM: No comment.

Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1912 on: January 11, 2016, 02:30:22 PM »
Kate was quite unwell during her pregnancy with the twins and many members of her family would take turns to go and help Kate and Madeleine.

I would often visit them with my mother, after my father died, and we would normally stay for a week, coinciding with visits to my son at university, Madeleine liked to come with us.

41. Is it true that in England you even considered handing over Madeleine’s custody to a relative?

KM: No comment.

Isn't that a bit devious??
Are you trying to institute another myth ... the old ones being rather threadbare now.

Patricia Cameron Statement 15 April 2008
Leicestershire Police Force
Witness Statement
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/PATRICIA_CAMERON.htm

Nothing Patricia Cameron said could possibly have been used to formulate the forty eight questions which were answered by "no comment" or the recorded "Kate McCann said she could not explain anything more than she already had".

She did not give a statement until well after Mr Amaral had been sacked and well after the Drs McCann had incompetently been made arguidos.

Normal life does not continue for them nor for any of us. I find it appalling that I was not heard nine months ago. None of us remember having been asked questions at that time. I know with all my heart that Kate and Gerry are completely innocent. For the, all of this situation is a torture. We request that their arguido status be removed so that the authorities can concentrate on their responsibilities in the disappearance of Madeleine.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/PATRICIA_CAMERON.htm
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #1913 on: January 11, 2016, 03:54:01 PM »
I have seen a reference to a call made by Gerry McCann at 22.01 on 3rd May to a Liverpool number, but I can't find anything in the official files. Can anyone help?
Gerry's calls are at http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/oa/OA_COM/OA_com_Page_20.jpg and do not show anything from his phone to anywhere at that time.

Perhaps the details you've got are inaccurate (i.e. out on time or date).  Perhaps the call was made on another phone.  I'm struggling to see why Gerry would be calling anyone at that time, whether the alarm had been raised by then or not.
What's up, old man?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1914 on: January 11, 2016, 05:08:01 PM »
Gerry's calls are at http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/oa/OA_COM/OA_com_Page_20.jpg and do not show anything from his phone to anywhere at that time.

Perhaps the details you've got are inaccurate (i.e. out on time or date).  Perhaps the call was made on another phone.  I'm struggling to see why Gerry would be calling anyone at that time, whether the alarm had been raised by then or not.

I was hoping you would reply Shining. It seems from the link you gave that Gerry made and received no calls between 12.24 (lunchtime) and 23.14 when he made his first call to Kate. His next call after the four to his wife was 23.40 to Dunbarton (his sister?) then he called a Leicester number at 23.52 (Janet Kennedy?), followed by another similar Leicester number at 0.05. I can see no sign of him phoning Liverpool although Kate's mum said he did about an hour or so after the disappearance.

Michael Wright heard about Madeleine's disappearance at around 23.00, he says, when his mother-in-law phoned. I wonder who was phoning the UK with the news before 23.00 then?
Result = happy posting.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #1915 on: January 11, 2016, 06:52:31 PM »
I was hoping you would reply Shining. It seems from the link you gave that Gerry made and received no calls between 12.24 (lunchtime) and 23.14 when he made his first call to Kate. His next call after the four to his wife was 23.40 to Dunbarton (his sister?) then he called a Leicester number at 23.52 (Janet Kennedy?), followed by another similar Leicester number at 0.05. I can see no sign of him phoning Liverpool although Kate's mum said he did about an hour or so after the disappearance.

Michael Wright heard about Madeleine's disappearance at around 23.00, he says, when his mother-in-law phoned. I wonder who was phoning the UK with the news before 23.00 then?
I am speaking off the top of my head here, so what I recall may be inaccurate.

I believe that Kate's book says something along the lines that she was not up to phoning parents so Gerry did it.  If Gerry was using numbers from Kate it is possible he was using her phone to do so.

Kate's phone records show two calls to the same land line in Liverpool, at 00:00:07 on 4 May and then at 00:13:50.

That would be about 2 hours after the disappearance.  I wouldn't expect Michael Wright (who's he) to be particularly accurate re the time lapse.

That sounds about right, after the McCanns dealt with the GNR.
What's up, old man?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1916 on: January 11, 2016, 07:02:25 PM »

I believe that Kate's book says something along the lines that she was not up to phoning parents so Gerry did it.  If Gerry was using numbers from Kate it is possible he was using her phone to do so.

Kate's phone records show two calls to the same land line in Liverpool, at 00:00:07 on 4 May and then at 00:13:50.

That would be about 2 hours after the disappearance.  I wouldn't expect Michael Wright (who's he) to be particularly accurate re the time lapse.

Thanks, SL. Michael Wright drove Aunt Nora to Liverpool after they were informed (she was staying with them in Skipton). So when he said around 23.00 he probably meant after midnight?
Result = happy posting.

Offline jassi

« Reply #1917 on: January 11, 2016, 07:06:02 PM »
Thanks, SL. Michael Wright drove Aunt Nora to Liverpool after they were informed (she was staying with them in Skipton). So when he said around 23.00 he probably meant after midnight?

He obviously was somewhere else at the time, hence the phone call.

Or maybe not -

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1918 on: January 11, 2016, 07:10:15 PM »

was there any time difference between portugal and Uk..
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 07:17:23 PM by davel »

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #1919 on: January 11, 2016, 07:35:16 PM »
was there any time difference between portugal and Uk..

@)(++(*
You clearly have never been there.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey