Author Topic: Strange Witness Statements  (Read 592009 times)

Offline Lace

Re: Strange Witness Statements
« Reply #2055 on: January 25, 2016, 08:41:29 AM »
They didn't pack them away. Tabloid report, so a handful of salt needed, but a normal reaction imo;

when they moved to an apartment near to the one from which Madeleine was abducted, they unpacked their missing daughter's clothes, too, laying out her pyjamas on what would have been her bed.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1552763/Were-not-going-back-without-Madeleine.html   27/05/2007

Were those the ones that ended up on Amelie?

Sydney Morning Herald May 15th 2007

"That was terrible for them," says John McCann, Mr McCann's elder brother, who has also travelled to Portugal to help search for his niece.

"Kate dressed Amelie in her sister's pyjamas and the baby said: 'Maddy's jammies.

So what?    Now you are saying they didn't give a toss Madeleine was missing and re cycled her clothes?    Amelie wore Madeleine's pyjama's it brought her sister closer to her,   she also hugged Cuddle Cat,  shouldn't she have done that either?

stephen25000

« Reply #2056 on: January 25, 2016, 08:50:44 AM »
Listen to the man who doesn't understand what parents go through when their child goes missing,   he thinks they are fit and up to searching the whole of Portugal.     Ignorance is bliss.

By searching,   I mean they manned telephones to deal with sightings,   as they didn't know where she was.

The very perceptible 'ignorance is bliss' is by those who type the 'poor me mccann act' on a daily basis.

Madeleine was searched for by many people for many weeks after her disappearance, with the notable exception of the parents, who were jaunting here and there, but not searching.

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #2057 on: January 25, 2016, 08:52:41 AM »
Snip

By searching,   I mean they manned telephones to deal with sightings,   as they didn't know where she was.

If they knew where she was, they wouldn't need to search...?
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Lace

« Reply #2058 on: January 25, 2016, 08:55:46 AM »
The very perceptible 'ignorance is bliss' is by those who type the 'poor me mccann act' on a daily basis.

Madeleine was searched for by many people for many weeks after her disappearance, with the notable exception of the parents, who were jaunting here and there, but not searching.

The parents were in no state to search,   and no one would expect it of them.   You speak as someone who has never gone through the trauma of losing a child like they did,  so stop demanding what they should or shouldn't have done.

No one is typing the 'poor me McCann act'   it is plain for all human beings to see that the McCann's were not fit to go out searching,  they went with the Police to give their statements,  didn't see the police or hear the police say they should have been searching,   never heard Amaral say it.   Only people with malicious thoughts.

Offline Lace

« Reply #2059 on: January 25, 2016, 08:59:21 AM »
If they knew where she was, they wouldn't need to search...?

Well for nine years they've been searching,  would have saved a hell of a lot of money and time, if they knew where she was wouldn't it?   Why campaign  for an inquiry into the case,   why ask for the case to be opened?  Why not let the case fizzle out?

« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 09:01:37 AM by Lace »

Offline sadie

« Reply #2060 on: January 25, 2016, 09:10:54 AM »

"Jaunting here and there"

They were raising awareness and hoping that The Pope and the visit to Fatima would not only raise awareness worldwide but also produce * Divine Intervention * imo.

Now i dont believe in that but then I am not religious.  Many do

stephen25000

« Reply #2061 on: January 25, 2016, 09:12:39 AM »
The parents were in no state to search,   and no one would expect it of them.   You speak as someone who has never gone through the trauma of losing a child like they did,  so stop demanding what they should or shouldn't have done.

No one is typing the 'poor me McCann act'   it is plain for all human beings to see that the McCann's were not fit to go out searching,  they went with the Police to give their statements,  didn't see the police or hear the police say they should have been searching,   never heard Amaral say it.   Only people with malicious thoughts.

They did briefly the following morning , and that was that.

Your propaganda doesn't wash, unlike the pajamas.

Offline Lace

« Reply #2062 on: January 25, 2016, 09:21:52 AM »

They were meeting with the police. 

Please don't try and make out you know the Police proceedings when dealing with a case of a missing child Stephen,  you don't.

stephen25000

« Reply #2063 on: January 25, 2016, 09:23:59 AM »
They were meeting with the police. 

Please don't try and make out you know the Police proceedings when dealing with a case of a missing child Stephen,  you don't.

So they met the police every day did they ?

You can cite  that of course ?

and what did they do with the rest of their time ?

Offline Lace

« Reply #2064 on: January 25, 2016, 09:36:11 AM »
So they met the police every day did they ?

You can cite  that of course ?

and what did they do with the rest of their time ?

Why don't you read the statements of all who were in contact with the McCann's in the days after Madeleine went missing?    You'd have a good idea what they were doing.  Start with the liaison officer.

Offline Benice

« Reply #2065 on: January 25, 2016, 09:37:56 AM »

As you seem to have no understanding at all of any of the reasons why the McCanns did not physically search after the first morning (the press invasion for instance) -  I dread to think what your opinion is of Sandy Davidsons mother and April Jones parents who didn't search either.   In fact Mrs Davidson freely admitted that she couldn't bring herself to search because she was so scared of what she might find.      You must be truly appalled by such selfish people.

Awaits the usual sidestepping reply.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #2066 on: January 25, 2016, 09:39:59 AM »
As you seem to have no understanding at all of any of the reasons why the McCanns did not physically search after the first morning (the press invasion for instance) -  I dread to think what your opinion is of Sandy Davidsons mother and April Jones parents who didn't search either.   In fact Mrs Davidson freely admitted that she couldn't bring herself to search because she was so scared of what she might find.      You must be truly appalled by such selfish people.

They only went out to search when everyone in the main search had gone home to bed. And that's a FACT!
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

stephen25000

« Reply #2067 on: January 25, 2016, 09:40:56 AM »

Ah yes, the press 'intrusion'.

Which they used to their own ends.

If it was  a child of mine missing, I would be looking.

END OF.

Offline Benice

« Reply #2068 on: January 25, 2016, 10:00:41 AM »
Ah yes, the press 'intrusion'.

Which they used to their own ends.

If it was  a child of mine missing, I would be looking.

END OF.

And how much searching do you think you would get done with scores of news hungry reporters mobbing/surrounding/jostling you, shouting questions at you, clicking cameras and shoving microphones in your face? 

Do you really think that you would be able to search?   And of course you couldn't speak to any Portuguese locals because you don't speak the language  - and even if you did - you would then be breaking the secrecy laws.

Would you still ignore the advice of the police in these circumstances - which is..... Stay at Home?

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #2069 on: January 25, 2016, 10:07:05 AM »
And how much searching do you think you would get done with scores of news hungry reporters mobbing/surrounding/jostling you, shouting questions at you, clicking cameras and shoving microphones in your face? 

Do you really think that you would be able to search?   And of course you couldn't speak to any Portuguese locals because you don't speak the language  - and even if you did - you would then be breaking the secrecy laws.

Would you still ignore the advice of the police in these circumstances - which is..... Stay at Home?

Do you mean like this shot?

Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.