Author Topic: Books on the Jeremy Bamber case.  (Read 2478 times)

Offline Eleanor

Books on the Jeremy Bamber case.
« on: November 04, 2014, 07:50:07 PM »
Have I woken up in a parallel universe?  I thought this was all sorted.  Although personally, I have never been quite happy with the verdict.

PS.  He was found guilty, wasn't he?
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 07:20:23 PM by John »

Offline Holly Goodhead

Re: Books on the Jeremy Bamber case.
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2014, 08:40:29 PM »
Have I woken up in a parallel universe?  I thought this was all sorted.  Although personally, I have never been quite happy with the verdict.

PS.  He was found guilty, wasn't he?

Hi Eleanor.  I think this case will always rumble on whatever happens.  JB is still very much a Cat A prisoner.  As far as the judicial system goes he is where the system thinks he should be.  However there are a number of past and present members of the judiciary who believe JB is the victim of a MoJ.  He seems to have growing support from members of the public with some high profile figures too.

He was found guilty by a majority 10-2.

Apparently two books about the case are due to be released next year.  One by a little known author of true crime, Paul Harrison.  Another by the highly acclaimed author Carol Ann Lee who has written extensively about Anne Frank.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 07:18:09 PM by John »
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2014, 12:07:22 AM »
Thanks, Holly.  So off we go again.  But at least it makes a change.

I wasn't happy with the verdict at the time, and then I lost track of it, so I could do with a book laid out logically.

Offline puglove

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2014, 12:28:35 AM »
Thanks, Holly.  So off we go again.  But at least it makes a change.

I wasn't happy with the verdict at the time, and then I lost track of it, so I could do with a book laid out logically.

There are 4 main books that cover the case...IMO your best bets are Blood Relations, and In Search of the Rainbow's End. The other 2 are a bit wanky. Especially the Lomax one. That's 2 hours of your life you'll never get back.
Jeremy Bamber kicked Mike Tesko in the fanny.

Offline Andrea

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2014, 12:42:45 AM »
Do you have all 4 books Shona?

Offline puglove

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2014, 12:51:34 AM »
Do you have all 4 books Shona?

I do, and for some reason, when I ordered the Wilkes book from Amazon, I was sent 2 copies, and one was from a prison (I'd have to go into the bedroom to check out which prison, and risk waking BT and having to do all sorts) and that copy was heavily annotated. As if the reader was interested in Bamber. I offered to lend it to old Colly Cropper, when we were pals. I'm glad I didn't... 8(8-))
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 05:25:45 PM by John »

Offline Andrea

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2014, 12:59:47 AM »
I have all 4 . I actually found the Claire Powell one ok,  She spoke to a lot of Sheila's friends and other people who knew her.
I think the best one is CC's book. Heartbreaking to read in parts, he went through hell.

Offline puglove

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2014, 01:14:43 AM »
I have all 4 . I actually found the Claire Powell one ok,  She spoke to a lot of Sheila's friends and other people who knew her.
I think the best one is CC's book. Heartbreaking to read in parts, he went through hell.

Hmm. Yes, the Claire Powell book tells you a lot about Sheila, but much of it surmised. IMO. This is why I have such a problem with the other forum, too many blinkered old people presuming that they can understand and predict what Sheila was thinking and feeling. And never wondering what was going on in Bamber's head, when he'd planned, and had the means, motive and opportunity. Never fully explaining why he was so arrogant after the murders. Never explaining why he's coped so well in prison for 30 years, without breaking down in desperation.

Kate Kray has interviewed many "lifers" and says that, with the exception of Harry Roberts, they all claim to be innocent and stitched up. Bamber isn't the only one to plead his innocence....they all do.

Offline puglove

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2014, 01:31:14 AM »
Hmm. Yes, the Claire Powell book tells you a lot about Sheila, but much of it surmised. IMO. This is why I have such a problem with the other forum, too many blinkered old people presuming that they can understand and predict what Sheila was thinking and feeling. And never wondering what was going on in Bamber's head, when he'd planned, and had the means, motive and opportunity. Never fully explaining why he was so arrogant after the murders. Never explaining why he's coped so well in prison for 30 years, without breaking down in desperation.

Kate Kray has interviewed many "lifers" and says that, with the exception of Harry Roberts, they all claim to be innocent and stitched up. Bamber isn't the only one to plead his innocence....they all do.

Maybe one day, the other forum will take up the case of Michael Stone, wrongly convicted of the terrible murders of the Russell family,  actually commited by Levi Bellfield, instead of lionising the psychopath Bamber, and enabling the crazy rambling attacks on the bereaved Hall family.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2014, 08:46:37 AM »
I do, and for some reason, when I ordered the Wilkes book from Amazon, I was sent 2 copies, and one was from a prison (I'd have to go into the bedroom to check out which prison, and risk waking BT and having to do all sorts) and that copy was heavily annotated. As if the reader was interested in Bamber. I offered to lend it to old Colly Cropper, when we were pals. I'm glad I didn't...she'd probably have drawn pictures of Mat's willy all over it... 8(8-))

OMG!  Eek!

But thanks for the tip about the books.