Author Topic: Could an intruder have opened the shutter and climbed in the window?  (Read 414599 times)

Offline colombosstogey

Re: Could an intruder have opened the shutter and climbed in the window?
« Reply #105 on: November 14, 2013, 03:01:05 PM »
The raised shutter and the open window were a divert.  Several people passed the window that evening after Madeleine left the apartment and not one of them noticed anything untoward.  Its not as if they weren't aware of the window since they were.  Matt speaks of listening at the window so he was very aware if it.  The forensics confirms that no intruder used that window.

Unless the contrary can be proven I stay with the woke, wandered and waylaid theory.

I did think that to start. One thing though was the child gate shut or locked? IF she came out of the patio doors she would encounter the stair gate, I am sure i read in one of the rogatorys it was shut.....

Also in PDL at the time there was work going on in parts of the town wasnt there with pipes and things. So easy for a little one to fall into a hole and never be seen again.

I certainly wouldnt dismiss this scenario.

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #106 on: November 14, 2013, 09:17:59 PM »
I did think that to start. One thing though was the child gate shut or locked? IF she came out of the patio doors she would encounter the stair gate, I am sure i read in one of the rogatorys it was shut.....

Also in PDL at the time there was work going on in parts of the town wasnt there with pipes and things. So easy for a little one to fall into a hole and never be seen again.

I certainly wouldnt dismiss this scenario.

For this scenario she would need to open her room doors, open the curtain on the patio, close the curtain, close the patio behind her, open the gate, close the gate behind.

Would Madeleine be able to do all of this in the middle of night and in no light?

AnneGuedes

« Reply #107 on: November 14, 2013, 09:59:20 PM »
Nobody saw the shutters and the window open. Mrs Webster, five minutes after the alarm, saw them closed. We only have the McCanns' word for them to be open. It suited very well their interest of making believe an abduction had occurred. From bed. (an abduction out of bed makes them guilty).
For this the shutters had to be forced(family)/open(PJ.
This was proved to be inept as nobody passed through the window, forensic corroborating.
Ergo the shutters/window were only open in words to simulate an abduction from bed.
If Madeleine was abducted outside of the flat, would or wouldn't the McCanns have hampered the investigation with an invention only made to pull the guilt out of them ?

Offline pegasus

« Reply #108 on: November 15, 2013, 01:07:25 AM »
I posted a video link which shows opening and closing of the actual window, with two buttons, and a round hole which has no angled latch-plate, and suggested the window is not auto-locking. Enough of boring mechanics.
I am happy to go with the auto-locking window for now. The statements say the window was initially in the closed position but are uncertain whether it was locked or not. However, if we know the window auto-locks, and was initially in the closed position, then surely it must have been locked, which would mean unforced entry from outside is impossible, does that make sense?
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 01:10:47 AM by pegasus »

Offline colombosstogey

« Reply #109 on: November 16, 2013, 06:31:12 AM »
I posted a video link which shows opening and closing of the actual window, with two buttons, and a round hole which has no angled latch-plate, and suggested the window is not auto-locking. Enough of boring mechanics.
I am happy to go with the auto-locking window for now. The statements say the window was initially in the closed position but are uncertain whether it was locked or not. However, if we know the window auto-locks, and was initially in the closed position, then surely it must have been locked, which would mean unforced entry from outside is impossible, does that make sense?

YES perfect sense. Also these shutters and windows are designed to keep people OUT not in.

The shutters are also for security too as well as keeping the room cool. I wouldnt want to live on the ground floor without them. I would think it would make them very hard to break INTO without a lot of noise....

We seem to go around and around with the windows and shutters lol.

To be honest anyone climbing in would not see the bed underneath and more then likely go up poop when standing on it with shock........and hurt themselves...

Offline Apostate

« Reply #110 on: November 16, 2013, 10:19:38 AM »
Time the shutters were put to bed. There was no need for them to be used the doors were unlocked. They were opened to make things look better.

Offline colombosstogey

« Reply #111 on: November 16, 2013, 01:30:38 PM »
Time the shutters were put to bed. There was no need for them to be used the doors were unlocked. They were opened to make things look better.

Agreed... 8(0(*

AnneGuedes

« Reply #112 on: November 16, 2013, 01:33:56 PM »
Agreed... 8(0(*
Yes.. A detail to "look better" but, as Icabodcrane called it, the Columbo mistake.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #113 on: November 16, 2013, 10:05:39 PM »
IMO the very first physical event that night is someone opens the shutter and window from outside. But then (and this is the crucial thing) that person then does NOT enter the apartment, instead quickly leaving the scene, empty-handed, has no connection with anyone else, and plays no further part in whatever follows. Whatever follows may be better investigated from this revised starting point IMO.

Offline Apostate

« Reply #114 on: November 17, 2013, 11:57:57 AM »
The Phantom Shutter Opener?

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #115 on: November 17, 2013, 12:00:21 PM »

The Phantom Raspberry Blower.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #116 on: November 17, 2013, 10:02:36 PM »
In this scenario I am suggesting, it all starts when a person opens the shutter and window from outside, with a perfectly logical reason for doing so, which is the statistically the most common reason for unauthorised opening of a shutter and window from outside, to enter and steal money/jewellery/creditcards/passports

Then this person leaves without even entering, and without taking anything. Again there is a perfectly logical reason for this. Just as they were finishing opening the shutter and window, and before they had set foot inside, they got disturbed by movement and/or noise inside. Elementary. The person, having thought until then that everyone was out, rapidly leaves the scene empty-handed, never returning.

This scenario deals with only the first 15 seconds or so, and may appear to do nothing but introduce an unnecessary complication? However the strength of this scenario becomes clearer when it is used to examine its effects on whatever followed.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 10:11:15 PM by pegasus »

Offline Luz

« Reply #117 on: November 17, 2013, 10:34:07 PM »
Interesting observation Icab!

See also here at 6.30

Lace you can open the shutters by lifting the web cord from inside, as you are supposed to do,no reason to put your prints on them at all, unless you are Gerry Mccann or Diane Webster tampering with evidence!

Thanks so much Red for bringing this back. I had almost forgotten that video, from when there was true journalism, before they were gagged by Carter Ruck.

The observations in that video and the fact that Mrs McCann refused a polygraph when offered one, after having stated she would do it  [http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-494765/Now-Kate-McCann-refuses-lie-detector-test-clear-name.html], are very revealing.

Offline Luz

« Reply #118 on: November 17, 2013, 10:37:13 PM »

Are you sure the doors were unlocked?!

They only said so after their "jemmied shutters" was blown out....

Offline pegasus

« Reply #119 on: November 17, 2013, 11:15:50 PM »
The scenario I suggested explains, using only two statistically common events, how it is possible that the window and shutter are open, even though no-one passes through them.
Now to consider in this scenario: Why does this person not enter? What noise/movement interrupts this person? It can not be any of the 3 checkers who interrupts this person, (because if so the checker, inside, would have heard the shutter being raised, but none of the checkers heard this).