Author Topic: Could an intruder have opened the shutter and climbed in the window?  (Read 414685 times)

Offline Brietta

Re: Could an intruder have opened the shutter and climbed in the window?
« Reply #1725 on: September 13, 2015, 12:03:35 AM »
No glove marks or anything found. There was no evidence of anybody passing through the window or any evidence on the window exterior which there should be to open it. The only credible conclusion is that it was opened from the inside. In the dark there is a higher possibility of leaving careless evidence if you are in a panic.

Who is to say the person who opened the window whether from within or without was in a panic at the time ... an adrenalin rush is one thing panic another for a person whose sideline is home invasion.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline mercury

« Reply #1726 on: September 13, 2015, 12:07:45 AM »
Who is to say the person who opened the window whether from within or without was in a panic at the time ... an adrenalin rush is one thing panic another for a person whose sideline is home invasion.

I know you are  addressing PF but you cannot possible compare a burglary  to steal money or goods with child abduction...YES, abducting a child would be a severe panic situation not a bloody breeze! like regular burglaries, least of all because of different variables not to mention the penalty if caught! honestly you say the silliest of things sometimes

PF over to you, sorry for the but in
Lol
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 12:13:10 AM by mercury »

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1727 on: September 13, 2015, 12:10:34 AM »
After the shutter had been lifted from the outside & the window slid open, the next obstacle was the net curtain.
Was the intruder interrupted before he could move the net for easier access?
Lift shutter from outside by 10cm-20cm, slide window open, reach in with one arm (past side of nets and curtains) to operate strap and raise shutter fully. And then the person gets interrupted
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 12:12:56 AM by pegasus »

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1728 on: September 13, 2015, 12:18:28 AM »
IMO some of the marks on outside of shutter (at the "stops" and along the bottom) are hand marks of GM and DW, but not all of them.

Do you think a burglar wouldn't wear gloves? If you do I strongly disagree. You follow evidence but definitely not tampering of evidence.

"No prints are lifted that are likely to belong to an unknown person, nor the slightest trace of gloves which could have been worn by a hypothetical abductor." (TOTL)
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1729 on: September 13, 2015, 12:19:36 AM »
A petty burglar would be accurate and concentrating when opening shutter and window from outside, and would only panic when after doing that, suddenly was disturbed by another person.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1730 on: September 13, 2015, 12:25:03 AM »
Do you think a burglar wouldn't wear gloves? If you do I strongly disagree. You follow evidence but definitely not tampering of evidence.

"No prints are lifted that are likely to belong to an unknown person, nor the slightest trace of gloves which could have been worn by a hypothetical abductor." (TOTL)
I am guessing that most burglars wear gloves. Gloves won't leave grease (prints) but will just smear any older prints. I don't agree that there were no glove marks.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1731 on: September 13, 2015, 12:25:34 AM »
I know you are  addressing PF but you cannot possible compare a burglary  to steal money or goods with child abduction...YES, abducting a child would be a severe panic situation not a bloody breeze! like regular burglaries, least of all because of different variables not to mention the penalty if caught! honestly you say the silliest of things sometimes

Lol

Agreed and well said. Luckily SY live in the real crime world and not a fantasy one.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline misty

« Reply #1732 on: September 13, 2015, 12:33:05 AM »

If the window & shutter hadn't been found in an open position, why do you suppose Gerry would test whether or not the shutters could be opened from the outside?

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1733 on: September 13, 2015, 12:37:57 AM »
If the window & shutter hadn't been found in an open position, why do you suppose Gerry would test whether or not the shutters could be opened from the outside?

Who saw him?

Offline misty

« Reply #1734 on: September 13, 2015, 12:41:14 AM »
Who saw him?

If the window hadn't been found in an open position, why do you suppose DW would test whether or not the shutters could be opened from the outside?

Offline mercury

« Reply #1735 on: September 13, 2015, 12:55:02 AM »
I was asking about the mostly unidentifiable prints you mentioned on the window as I've never before come across anything saying this

Can I take it that you didn't mean there were unidentified prints in the window panes then Pegasus (but just on the shutters)  so we can move on?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1736 on: September 13, 2015, 12:56:54 AM »

Lol

Feel free to butt in if it is a constructive manner, the more the merrier ... PF and I are not conducting an exclusive conversation although we usually manage to remain polite about it.

I have read enough about child abduction and child abductors to know there is no set pattern to the offence or to the offender ... but it takes a particular type of person to enter an occupied household and make off with one of the most precious things in it and for the most part I think "panic" is not one of the prime emotions felt by the abductor.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline mercury

« Reply #1737 on: September 13, 2015, 12:59:57 AM »
Yea ok Brietta I believe you as much as I believe in Santa or the Easter Bunny

DO  have a good night now

&8#£%

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1738 on: September 13, 2015, 01:01:17 AM »
Agreed and well said. Luckily SY live in the real crime world and not a fantasy one.

Thanks for letting me down PF ... I should probably amend my post commending your politeness in debate.  Oh well, you win some and you lose some ... wonder which one of us has lost more here.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1739 on: September 13, 2015, 01:04:26 AM »
If the window hadn't been found in an open position, why do you suppose DW would test whether or not the shutters could be opened from the outside?

Why did the others check if the windows in their apartment were locked or unlocked?