Author Topic: Could an intruder have opened the shutter and climbed in the window?  (Read 414535 times)

Offline jassi

Re: Could an intruder have opened the shutter and climbed in the window?
« Reply #2160 on: September 25, 2015, 08:14:45 PM »
The PJ were interested in 2007 - they paid about 400 euros to get the best report possible of weather and sea data for that night, including wind. I doubt that SY would be any less diligent.
I agree the witness is telling the truth, but an important question, which any investigation must solve, is whether the wind opened the bedroom door, or whether a person did. That is why wind direction is important. If it wasn't the wind then it must have been one of the three people which evidence shows were in the apartment at that moment.

Sorry, what moment do you mean?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline pegasus

« Reply #2161 on: September 25, 2015, 08:22:38 PM »
There is the possibility that the door never was almost closed.
I see no reason to doubt that, immediately after the 21.05 indoor check, the door was in the almost closed position.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #2162 on: September 25, 2015, 08:29:29 PM »
Sorry, what moment do you mean?
The moment the door opened (it was in almost closed position at end of 21.05 check, then it was fairly wide open at beginning of 21.30 check).

Offline jassi

« Reply #2163 on: September 25, 2015, 08:33:06 PM »
The moment the door opened (it was in almost closed position at end of 21.05 check, then it was fairly wide open at beginning of 21.30 check).

We have one uncorroborated statement to that effect. What if the door never was in the almost closed position?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline pegasus

« Reply #2164 on: September 25, 2015, 08:39:57 PM »
Blimey! designing aerofoils and stuff are we ?
You seem to be the expert Alice. If you had any more knowledge of airflow you would be a seagull. I am still stuck trying to convert the Reynolds number from CGS to SI :( 

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2165 on: September 25, 2015, 08:56:57 PM »
Generally from the west, but add the wind which blows towards land in the day and towards sea at night, and here is wind direction at 10pm 3rd May which Anna posted
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=1868.0;attach=5717;image
Therefore during the 10pm check the draught was in through the window and out through the bedroom doorway.

Wind direction 10pm 3rd May 2007

9:30 PM   17.0 °C   12.0 °C   72%   1013 hPa   -   WNW   14.8 km/h / 4.1 m/s   -   N/A       Clear
10:00 PM   15 °C   11 °C   67%   1014 hPa   15 km   WNW   14.4 km/h /     -Scattered Clouds
10:00 PM   16.0 °C   12.0 °C   77%   1013 hPa   -   NW   18.5 km/h / 5.1 m/s   -   N/A    Clear
10:30 PM   16.0 °C   12.0 °C   77%   1013 hPa   -   WNW   16.7 km/h / 4.6 m/s   -   N/A       Clear
http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/LPFR/2007/5/3/DailyHistory.html?req_city=Lagos&req_state=&req_statename=Portugal
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline pegasus

« Reply #2167 on: September 25, 2015, 10:30:50 PM »
We have one uncorroborated statement to that effect. What if the door never was in the almost closed position?
What do you mean, not even at 19.15 ?

Offline pegasus

« Reply #2168 on: September 25, 2015, 10:51:39 PM »
Most posters seems to agree (yes I know not everyone) that a child was asleep on a bed, and later was not on the bed.
Solution is fairly easy - child wakes up and gets off the bed.
It doesn't explain the whole disappearance - but it does explain the disappearance from the bed.

Offline mercury

« Reply #2169 on: September 25, 2015, 11:04:05 PM »
Most posters seems to agree (yes I know not everyone) that a child was asleep on a bed, and later was not on the bed.
Solution is fairly easy - child wakes up and gets off the bed.
It doesn't explain the whole disappearance - but it does explain the disappearance from the bed.
Which is not the problem

Offline pegasus

« Reply #2170 on: September 25, 2015, 11:05:24 PM »
Step 2 - Many posters (not all) agree that a child was in the child bedroom, then later was not in that bedroom.
The room has a door.
So the solution of this bit also is easy - child walks from bedroom through doorway.
Again it doesn't solve the whole disappearance, but it does solve the disappearance from the child bedroom.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 11:08:16 PM by pegasus »

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #2171 on: September 25, 2015, 11:13:47 PM »
On the window, you mean? Yes, he appears to have checked the feasibility of someone getting in from the outside (judging by a photo of an officer attempting to get in via the window), knowing that it hadn't been forced. Would that imply that perhaps he got his team to see if it could be opened without force from outside? If not, the exercise would have been a bit pointless in terms of an entry point.

No not the window, the reconstitution. Why request one if he didn't believe there was still questions to be asked of the tapas bunch about the 3rd of May ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #2172 on: September 25, 2015, 11:16:56 PM »
Step 2 - Many posters (not all) agree that a child was in the child bedroom, then later was not in that bedroom.
The room has a door.
So the solution of this bit also is easy - child walks from bedroom through doorway.
Again it doesn't solve the whole disappearance, but it does solve the disappearance from the child bedroom.

You will never get the full picture Pegasus if even one of the jigsaw pieces is missing. And an unfinished picture tells us nothing useful.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline pegasus

« Reply #2173 on: September 25, 2015, 11:26:43 PM »
Which is not the problem
Precisely Mercury
The simple solution of step 1 disappearance from bed = wakes and gets off bed.
And the simple solution for step 2 disappearance from child bedroom = walks through child bedroom doorway.
So step 3 is to solve - How did disappearance from another room (not child bedroom) to outside happen?

Offline misty

« Reply #2174 on: September 25, 2015, 11:41:40 PM »
@Pegasus

How were the cots positioned at 10pm - as shown in the PJ crime scene photos or as depicted in the layout of "THE FLAT" on p143 of this thread?