Author Topic: Why not report the abduction at the Tapas Bar rather than Main Reception?  (Read 51331 times)

Offline Admin

Why not report the abduction at the Tapas Bar rather than Main Reception?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 09:08:51 PM by Admin »

Offline Carana

The broader alert (after Kate's )was first raised at the reception desk, wasn't it?

Whoever was on reception had probably never been in such a situation. Getting the staff alert going in case the child was found quickly, then calling the GNR.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 03:12:55 PM by Admin »

Offline gilet

Let me point out to you
1) you don't know whether the TP9 ignored it or not.
2) if they are understood when asking red wine or roast beef or a salad, they will be also be when asking the staff what's the emergency number.

"when asking red wine or roast beef or a salad"

What did they ask them?

More seriously, can you not appreciate that the LOGICAL and NORMAL port of call in an emergency is the RECEPTION DESK of the hotel or complex in which you are staying.

Asking a waiter whose attention is not directed at such matters is not the correct procedure, nor will it necessarily bring you the best reaction as swiftly as dealing with the main reception would. It would not be totally surprising to find that such a waiter would have called the Reception himself for guidance, rather than calling the police directly.

Ocean Club Reception is 275 yards from the gate to the McCanns apartment via the paths in PDL.

That would take a fit man like Matthew Oldfield around one minute to jog.

Why would he not go to the Reception?

Admin note:

Distance from McCanns apartment to Main Reception is 250 mts by shortest route.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 12:02:34 AM by Admin »

AnneGuedes

The broader alert (after Kate's )was first raised at the reception desk, wasn't it?

Whoever was on reception had probably never been in such a situation. Getting the staff alert going in case the child was found quickly, then calling the GNR.
Tapas restaurant : 1 minute
Main reception : 8 minutes
asking and getting the emergency nb : 10 seconds
asking a receptionist to call the police : 25 minutes
How could an abducted child be found quickly since no one seems to have run in the direction indicated by Jane ?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 03:11:27 PM by Admin »

Offline gilet

Tapas restaurant : 1 minute
Main reception : 8 minutes
asking and getting the emergency nb : 10 seconds
asking a receptionist to call the police : 25 minutes
How could an abducted child be found quickly since no one seems to have run in the direction indicated by Jane ?

EIGHT MINUTES?

Where in heaven's name does that ridiculous figure come from?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 03:11:56 PM by Admin »

Offline gilet

Offline gilet

Or for those whose slider bar is not working.

Offline gilet

Could you please explain how you came to think it takes 8 minutes to go from Apt 5A to OC reception?

They did the LOGICAL and NATURAL thing and used the local experts who were fluent in English to assist them.

Those local experts being only ONE MINUTE AWAY.

It seems to me your entire observation on the matter is based on a completely false premise.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 04:49:22 AM by Admin »

AnneGuedes

Local experts were less than 1 minute away, at the Tapas restaurant, they had been asked beef, salad, wine, in English and would have given the emergency number easily.
Your google path to the main reception requires invading private property. I see you never visited PDL.
Anyhow Matthew wasn't as "silly" as you suppose : he took more time because he searched on the way, lots of bushes and actually different paths to get to the main reception (the entrance isn't where you indicated it).

Offline gilet

Local experts were less than 1 minute away, at the Tapas restaurant, they had been asked beef, salad, wine, in English and would have given the emergency number easily.
Your google path to the main reception requires invading private property. I see you never visited PDL.
Anyhow Matthew wasn't as "silly" as you suppose : he took more time because he searched on the way, lots of bushes and actually different paths to get to the main reception (the entrance isn't where you indicated it).

I do not believe you are correct about the private property but even so, in such an emergency...

Anyhow it matters little.

A mere fifty metres further by MAIN ROAD.  Still achievable for a fit man in a minute's jogging.

You have still to explain that LUDICROUS claim of yours that it takes EIGHT MINUTES to cover 330 yards.

That is a completely false premise on which you base your observation.

Please do indicate where reception is then. As that is the address and office given as the main reception by Ocean Club themselves.

Incidentally in English we tend not to ask inanimate objects anything. It is more common to ask for them.

Oh and why have you invented a supposition on my part that I consider Matthew to be "silly"? What's that nonsense all about?

« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 10:47:03 PM by gilet »

Offline gilet

Out of curiosity, where did that 8 minutes to cover 330 yards come from?

AnneGuedes

Your second route, Gilet, is not the short cut. Sorry but my operative system doesn't allow me to draw on Google maps. Your first route was right except for turning left where you did, you should have gone to the bottom of the alley. There are many different narrow paths leading to the main entrance which is around the corner, in front of the car park. Matthew was searching Madeleine as well. So he took more time, must have tried all different narrow paths at the bottom and this takes time. Supposing he knew the short cut, of course.
I did the route myself and it took me 8 minutes and I'm a good walker.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 02:16:40 AM by AnneGuedes »

Offline gilet

Your second route, Gilet, is not the short cut. Sorry but my operative system doesn't allow me to draw on Google maps. Your first route was right except for turning left where you did, you should have gone to the bottom of the alley. There are many different narrow paths leading to the main entrance which is around the corner, in front of the car park. Matthew was searching Madeleine as well. So he took more time, must have tried all different narrow paths at the bottom and this takes time. Supposing he knew the short cut, of course.
I did the route myself and it took me 8 minutes and I'm a good walker.

Even if the entrance to the reception is around the corner near the car park, that makes it a maximum of 400 yards.

There is no way any person in a hurry who is moderately fit will take 8 minutes to jog 400 yards and I believe Matthew to have been far better than moderately fit.

Your timing is quite simply ludicrous and makes your entire observation ludicrous as it is based on that false premise.

Offline gilet

Do normal people choose to ask waiters to contact the police for them?

It was a minute or so closer that is all.

When the option is to speak to a proper receptionist or a busy waiter, a receptionist who is used to dealing with all kinds of inquiries and emergencies or a waiter who is used to dealing with food orders, when that receptionist is fluent in English and the waiter is not and when there is likely to be a couple of minutes needed to explain the situation to someone not fluent in English then I would think the main reception is where I would head especially if I was fit and could cover the 350 metres in about two minutes easily.

Offline faithlilly

Do normal people choose to ask waiters to contact the police for them?

It was a minute or so closer that is all.

When the option is to speak to a proper receptionist or a busy waiter, a receptionist who is used to dealing with all kinds of inquiries and emergencies or a waiter who is used to dealing with food orders, when that receptionist is fluent in English and the waiter is not and when there is likely to be a couple of minutes needed to explain the situation to someone not fluent in English then I would think the main reception is where I would head especially if I was fit and could cover the 350 metres in about two minutes easily.

There were only the McCanns in the restaurant when the alarm was raised so I can't imagine the waiters were that busy.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?